Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

The Hartford Insurance home insurance - renters insurance and firearms

Contributor

The Hartford Insurance home insurance - renters insurance and firearms

Called The Hartford Insurance to get quotes on three insurance coverages, auto, renters, and umbrella insurance.  They gave me a quote on auto insurance which was slightly lower on what I am paying.  But when discussing renters' insurance, I explained I have electronics and several handguns in my residence.  The agent stated that The Hartford Insurance will only issue a renters policy if all guns were locked up and ammo separate from the handguns.  I asked how I am supposed to defend myself if a burglar breaks in my residence.  She stuck with the policy that Hartford only insures when all guns were locked up and ammo separate.  I then concluded that The Hartford was against the 2nd Amendment and ended the conversation as a deal breaker.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

You can always contact AARP for help if there's an issue with an AARP provider. Please use this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/) to contact us by phone, chat or text.

•            Description of your issue

•            Mention that you are requesting an escalation

We look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I received an email from The Hartford to renew my homeowners insurance.  the upcoming renewal is 35% higher than the price they gave me last year.  A phone call was no help at all, as the person's attitude was basically "take it or leave it".  I will be shopping elsewhere, and very disappointed in AARP relationship with this company.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hello Julian. I am sorry to read about your experience. You can always contact AARP for help if there's an issue with an AARP provider or questions or suggestions for AARP. Please use this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/) to contact us by phone, chat or text.

•            Description of your issue and/or suggestion

•            Mention that you are requesting an escalation

We look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP