Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Can't log into UnitedHealthcare Medicare Supplemental site

Contributor

Can't log into UnitedHealthcare Medicare Supplemental site

I'm trying to get into my account at UnitedHealthcare.  The site won't let me set up an account, although I have tried both my account number and my Medicare number, both of which are accurate.  The error message reads:  (Error Code:10002) User Not Eligible: We're having trouble finding you in our records. Please check that your entries match the information on your health insurance ID card.

They DO. Now, why would I not be "eligible"?  I have tried numerous times on three different browsers, with the same result.  It appears other people are also experiencing problems.  This is frustrating and unacceptable!  Why is this happening?

0 Kudos

Same here. Just signed up for AARP Medicare suppliment plan and I cannot register my account with UnitedHealthCare online. My Medicare number is not accepted and they cannot find me in their system. Is this a bug in their system? Please fix your website.

thanks, Phil

0 Kudos

They should automatically couple your AARP membership to your Medicare insurance when you sign up. That would make things a whole lot easier.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi PhilbertM144899, to get assistance with online account registration contact United Healthcare directly at 1- 800-506-7651. - Zainab M

0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue.  Been on the phone with 4 different agents now for over 2 hours.  They have no idea why.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Two different browser, same error. I've been on the phone for about 90 minutes and the agent could not help me.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes I am also having this issue my coverage started 1/1/24.  I tried to set up an online account prior to getting my id card and it allowed me to use my medicare number and I got as far as getting a user id and password, then it wouldn't let me go further. I had called UHC and a woman told me it had something to do with the fact that my husband and I are on the same AARP account and so my policy should be showing up on his sign on for UHC which seemed odd to me, but we do have almost the same id member number except for our last two digits.  But it's mid month and it's still not there.  So I am skeptical of what she told me.  Can't call today it's the MLK holiday, so I guess I'll be all day on the phone tomorrow.  You would think a massive company like this associated with AARP all these years would have this down pat. Good luck to us all!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

According to the eligibility requirements of an AARP UHC Supplemental plan, You must be an AARP member to enroll in an AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance plan.

So your membership number is probably the problem - I am assuming that you each have to have your own account and AARP membership and that UHC checks this the 1st year.

That’s just a guess based on what you posted as to what the C RS replied to you about the membership. 

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Contributor

We are AARP members and have been for years.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I joined AARP on 1/7/2024. When completing the online application, I added my wife because there was no extra charge to add a spouse when applying. We have two cards, one with my name and the other with my wife's name. The account number is the same on both cards.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I spoke with UHC web support yesterday, you and a spouse can have the same AARP account, UHC will issue you the last two digits differently for each of your supplemental health insurance accounts. BUT the information given to me that both those policies would show up under one sign on was not correct! You each have to have your own UHC sign on.  So back to the problem of why were we getting error codes when trying to create that account, no matter if we used our medicare number or member ID. The problem for me seemed to be in the email I was using. The person from web support who helped me claimed my husbands account was using my email. HUH?  So I ended up using his email to finally get my account set up. Which really baffled me, but hey maybe I used my email at some point to set him up online. So I took what she said as the truth.  But what's weird is that when I look up my husbands account he IS using his own email.  But maybe it has to do with initial set up? One unique email per person regardless of what email you put as contact?  Because once you have an account you can change your email. Anyway, I am happy to finally have my own account, but I am still going to call just to understand this and make sure for security purposes there is only one account for me and one for my husband.  I hope the rest of you are able to get your accounts set up.  All the best!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Didn't know you could use the insurers site for Medigap plans - I always use my Medicare account since Medigap claims should be forwarded to the Medigap plan by Medicare once the claim is completed by Medicare - since that is all that they pay - the 20% that Medicare does not cover.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have had nothing but trouble with Medicare everyone in Oregon has to depend on their state MEDICADE.--MEDICARE JUST WON'T PAY FOR ANYTHING---all the doctors hhave left Oregon! no docs want Medicare!---all the psychiatriasts left the state! The new hospital in Springfield lost HALF THEIR DOCTORS.---MEDICARE IS BEINNG DUMPED by all the doctors--if you have "mental illness"here there are no therapists or psychiatrists--(i'm sure this will not get published)

0 Kudos
Contributor

well, but voting for present politicians---no.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi Dorothy! We're sorry to hear you’re having trouble with one of our benefit providers. We are listening and would like the chance to help as soon as possible. Please visit https://help.aarp.org/s/article/contact-aarp to chat, text, or speak with a representative who can get you in touch with our Member Relations team. -Sue J

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP