Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

What's up with the website?

Watching the daily videos but keep getting a message that no points awarded because I have already done it today (nope) or have maxed out (nope). Happened on phone and laptop. Are you having site problems?

Super Contributor

@sherilee17 

Hi sherilee, I am reading all the replies posted to your topic above "What's up with the website?" and I am not seeing a single comment from our community managers that address's these problems in a meaningful way. As usual we get the popular canned response "log out of your Rewards account and fully close your browser then try opening a fresh browser and login again. You may need to clear your browser's cache and cookies" 

This rewards program is literally falling apart, video's that won't play, points not credited, web pages that don't respond, constant error messages, emails and gift cards not delivered, missing pin numbers ect ect. Every single day another problem rears its ugly head. It has gotten so bad that AARP.org needs to take another look and if they cannot find a reputable company with the knowledge and experience to operate it, then of course it may be time to shut it down. 

As Yoda would say "there is no try, DO" 

Silver Conversationalist

I'm also getting the error message "not found in the system" for the Instant Win games.  Maybe all of the prizes have been won already.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@sherilee17 @k8ellen  @garyfish49 We have not received any reports of a site outage. Please ensure your browser is up to date and compatible with the AARP Rewards site. We suggest that you log out of your Rewards account and fully close your browser then try opening a fresh browser and login again. You may need to clear your browser's cache and cookies if you are still having issues. More info can be found here: The AARP Website Is Not Working As Expected

0 Kudos

The gaming website is down as of 6-8-22 and has been down for a couple of days. There are problems with the gaming website. I'm leaving AARP to find these games elsewhere and have found them to be working just fine on their original platform.  It is definitely the AARP website that is having the issues.

Regular Contributor

I am not an idiot. This is still happening on 3 different devices. And as you can see, I am NOT the only one.

Conversationalist

Hi Janelle, @AARPJanelleM

In the past couple of months, the website has shown increasing problems.

- Videos saying no points after completed; at first once or twice in a session; recently 1 out of 3 may show that message. Points are usually awarded however; sometimes with 10-15 seconds delay. Or clicking again on the problem video, immediately brings the check mark and points are given. 

- Today for the first time and just like other people have complained, I have problems with sweepstakes redemption. Intermittent problems with some sweepstakes: Home depot alternated with 1- you have maxed 2- not in the system 3- I could just enter fine; several of 1 and 2 before 3 happened.

- Still not been able to enter the spring into april sweepstake.

- instant wins: I could try for Bath and Body Works but Lands End is adamant that it's not in the system. Not interested in the others.

I would appreciate that you explain these issues we are having to your IT team. Thank you.

Periodic Contributor

My computer is brand new so my browser is completely up to date and my cache and cookies do not need to be cleared (although I did it anyway). Since this is not happening just to me there must be a problem on AARP's end with the website. I contacted AARP regarding issues a while back but was told I would have to call instead of email. Not sure why that is necessary. I also have a problem with the website constantly requiring a login even when I'm already logged in! I posted this is a separate topic today. It sure seems like there is a problem that needs to be looked into.

Super Contributor

@AARPJanelleM 

Hi AARPJanelleM, Will you look into what is going on with the program.

Getting this error / notice when I try to enter any of the seven Instant Wins & or any Sweepstakes

You Are Unable To Participate In This Program Contact Cust Care If You Have Any Further Questions

I am able to earn points watching a video or taking a quiz or even entering a promo code.

I did call Customer Care but all I got was I had to wait the 3-5 business days response.

This makes me a very unhappy camper as now I will miss the opportunity for days to try for the Instant Wins, plus I will also miss out on the May Extra Credit Rewards unless tech support gets this fixed. Cleared cache, cleared browsing history, cleared cookies tried multiple browsers all to no avail. Please, Please see what you can do. This has to be another glitch/bug somewhere. 

Thanks

Thank You

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge

@BillD916633 Thanks for reaching out. I've flagged this thread for our team to review and I checked the status of your escalation. Please allow up to 3-5 days to hear back on that case. 

Regular Contributor

After a few videos, it keeps asking my for name/password/3 letters, then the Invicta Networks 'click on the bicycles' thing. After a few more, the Invicta Networks 'click on the bicycles' thing just repeats endlessly. No way to earn points or even access any part of aarp.org, for that matter, unless I wait a few hours.

The website & rewards is the only benefit I, as a paying member, get from AARP.  I don't understand why I am getting locked out just for using the program.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@CharlesR39428 I'm terribly sorry for the frustration this site issue has caused. I replied to your comment in another thread: https://community.aarp.org/t5/Earn-Activities/Unable-to-Earn-Points/m-p/2467270#M2878

I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I too am having issues, but only with SOME of the Instant Wins. I'm getting an error message which states, "This item was not found in the system." 

After repeatedly trying to enter the problematic Instant Wins over a period of an hour or so, I was able to enter all of them EXCEPT the one for Bath & Body Works, which continues to give the error notice.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

This has been happening to me also for a while now.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Same here. Been happening more frequently in the last week or two.

Also, occasionally it happens that I'll watch a Video all the way through, it won't give me the points, and I'll notice that the "300 pts" logo hasn't changed to a check-mark (indicating completion of the lesson). So when that happens, I've been refreshing the page and watching the same video over again, at which point I do in fact receive the 300 points and the check-mark appears. Fortunately, the vast majority of the videos I watch are fairly short. Still, very frustrating.

Another issue worthy of note is that if I start out my points-earning session taking Quizzes instead of watching Videos, after completing the very first Quiz it almost always shows the "already taken, or maxxed out" dialogue box. WHY?!? After that first Quiz, succeeding Quizzes do consistently award my 450 points. Go figure.

Why can't Admin's IT personnel fix these and other technical issues (such as the Extra Credit trainwrecks that seem to happen at the beginning of every month) to ensure trouble-free operation of the Rewards website on an ongoing basis?!?

Trusted Contributor

Yes, happening to me also.  Frustrating!  

Silver Conversationalist

@garyfish49 

Hi Gary, thatโ€™s exactly what admin hopes you will do, after all they are getting compensated for every video, quiz, ad or click we make. Itโ€™s all about the money. The more times we have to play a video or answer a quiz its to their advantage. I donโ€™t think itโ€™s a glitch in the program but itโ€™s designed that way. Not very honest ๐Ÿคฎ

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

Oh BTW, I failed to mention they pull the same shenanigans with the promo code saying you had already entered that code or the code was incorrect hoping we are going to try again which we all do, and this results in 2 clicks on the money train for them.

Just Saying

lucyp061351
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP