Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

VIDEO ADS ????

Hello Rewards Warriors,

I didn't encounter any advertisements while watching videos this morningSmiley Surprised

Has anyone else experienced this ground breaking phenomenon? 

Thanks to the powers that be for stopping advertisementsHow to Clap Your Hands | Wikinow

Let me know if you had advertisements prior to video starting or not.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, the video ads never stopped for me since I posted this topic, maybe stopped for (1) day at the beginning of video ads being added.  They were back the next day.

You haven't been seeing video ads for the last couple of months?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, my Video Ads never stopped.  Maybe for (1) day after they first started but back the next day. 

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community Warriors,

I encountered a large amount of video ads today, is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community Warriors,

I only encountered (2) ads while watching videos in the last couple of daysSmiley Surprised

Maybe it's a Christmas present, how many are you seeing?

Happy Christmas Eve,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community,

I've been having a problem with Video Ads getting stuck half way through and then having to refresh video and start over.  This is happening on the Video Ads that don't have the "Skip Ad" button.

Is anyone else having this issue?  Thanks for letting me knowSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Social Butterfly

Well @mi4090 ,

I finally got a 30 second ad without the option to skip after 5 seconds (it played all the way through).  The 15 second (or less) videos never give me a skip option; I get a Medicare Ad that is mostly 15 seconds, so no skip.  I only remember one time that I had to wait 15 seconds to skip a video ad and it seemed like a normal video ad, but just made me wait until the 15 second mark rather than the 5 second mark.  I have trouble a few times a day with a video ad getting stuck, but I don't have to reload very often.

I skip ads whenever I can't because I did not click on the video to see an ad!

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

I just started experiencing the ads that get stuck requiring a refresh😢 Trying to keep it movingSmiley LOL

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Here's my videos experience summary of today to get my 7,500 points.....

Videos watched : 25

Ads watched : 21

Short 15 sec. ad videos : 13

Long over 15 sec. ad videos : 8

Interesting note : i had to watch a 2:30 video ( with NO SKIP available ) to be able to watch a 1:49 video of Austin so i could get my 300 points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a NICE HOLIDAY everyone.

Valerio.

Silver Conversationalist

You're so fortunate to be able to watch the videos, including the ads!  For the past several weeks, it's been a hit or miss to view videos because of loading issues.   I'm hoping tech support can fix these issues.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @JoLo49 

JoLo, this morning I had trouble with four Denise Austin videos loading, I had to refresh each about 4 times in order to watchSmiley SadI

I don't feel lucky being able to watch videos😤  I skip every one I can.  Thanks for posting, now I know I'm not alone.  Fix would be great.

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Marylin @mi4090 ,

Thanks for posting and letting me know that I'm not alone having issues with the videos.  I was told by Admin that the videos are working fine, so made me wonder if I was the only one having issues.  Hopefully, tech support will fix the issues soon.

Take care and stay well during this Covid-19 pandemic. 

Jolene

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@JoLo49 

Jolene, I will take very precaution when I go out tomorrow.  I wish I had a full body suit protection like in the movie Outbreak, etc.  What's your state?  Be safe.

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Marylin,

I'm in CA and our state is in lockdown.  It's a new normal to shelter in place.  All non-essential businesses are closed.

Where are you located?  Take care and stay well.

Jolene

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@valeriov52121   @AARPTeri 

We have heard of the missing "skip" button a few times.  It sounds like a glitch, Teri.

Thanks,

@valeriov52121 wrote:

Here's my videos experience summary of today to get my 7,500 points.....

Videos watched : 25

Ads watched : 21

Short 15 sec. ad videos : 13

Long over 15 sec. ad videos : 8

Interesting note : i had to watch a 2:30 video ( with NO SKIP available ) to be able to watch a 1:49 video of Austin so i could get my 300 points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a NICE HOLIDAY everyone.

Valerio.

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I've seen ads on some videos and not on others.

The ones I don't understand are the 2 or 3 minute videos with 47 minute ads - or any of those with ads longer than 15 seconds - or any of them with longer ads than the videos in any case!

Of course I'm going to hit that Skip button as soon as it finishes its countdown! That is the advertisement's only saving grace!  I even hit the Skip button when the ad is only 20 or 30 seconds!

I HATE ADS!

BTW: Did I ever mention that I hate ads?

Enjoy!

Social Butterfly

Hello All

I decided in spite of ads I'd post to this thread

I can't stand the ads always like use phone & I have big phone Note 8 but have same issues on tablet  😞

I've found nothing on AARP Rewards or AARP Regular Site without popup ads just last week they added ads to Games in past about every 10th or so time played game you'd get ad now its nearly everytime & like others posted repeat repeat which are frustrating to say least 

Same issues with doing quizzes hate the rewards info popup covers half screen then ads its not worth trying for points besides I only get the puny 15 Daily points every 10th or more checkin to see what offering for Daily sweeps 

Hope everyone has a wonderfully happy Thanksgiving 

Miss you all but not the frustrations of ads overtaken everything no longer fun nor easy to post 😞

Happy Sunday 

Ginger  :  )

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @gm5271 

Ginger, Happy Thanksgiving to youSmiley Happy  The ads are a  horrible experience and now Skip button has been removed.  Another message,  "we'll force you to watch"...buy something😤

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Social Butterfly

Hello Marylin, @mi4090 

I still have a skip button and using a laptop with chrome.  I get a repeated ad for a local fitness club that otherwise I had never heard of before the ad.  It is 16 seconds and I skip it almost every time  now, even though it is only 16 seconds.  I have seen shorter videos that have no skip button but they are a little shorter than my fitness club example.

If I was not able to skip then I would consider that to be a glitch and AARP should look into the problem.  @AARPTeri 

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew, curious to know why you think this is a glitch and not intentional due to the numerous members using the "Skip Ad" button to avoid ads and shorten the time required to earn daily points.

AARP is getting paid for this advertising to thousands of members daily, and some ads may require watching of entire ad for payment.  Thus the removal of "Skip Ad" button.

Would love to hear AARPTeri's response.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hey Marylin @mi4090 

I have not personally experianced having to watch a 2:30 ad without a skip button appearing.  So, that is why I ask AARP to look into this as glitch.  I'm sorry about your problems with the skip button, Marylin.  I think they get paid something even for the first 5 seconds before I skip.

I hope AARP @AARPTeri  will look into the presummed glitch concerning the lack of a skip ad button appearing for longer ads for some users.

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew, curious to know why you think this is a glitch and not intentional due to the numerous members using the "Skip Ad" button to avoid ads and shorten the time required to earn daily points.

AARP is getting paid for this advertising to thousands of members daily, and some ads may require watching of entire ad for payment.  Thus the removal of "Skip Ad" button.

Would love to hear AARPTeri's response.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

It is terrible that it has become difficult to post to the forum because of Ads!  And, you have probably mentioned it before.  I have seen someone post a pic of their cell phone screen and it looked very difficult to even read posts much less post.

We need a new topic with examples and make sure AARP recognizes the issue.  I use a laptop and I have no trouble because my screen has plenty of space for ads.  The pages that come up on a mobile device should consider the small size of those devices and manage the size of ads!

There is a problem here: @AARPTeri 

Thanks,

Andrew

@gm5271 wrote:

Hello All

I decided in spite of ads I'd post to this thread

I can't stand the ads always like use phone & I have big phone Note 8 but have same issues on tablet  😞

I've found nothing on AARP Rewards or AARP Regular Site without popup ads just last week they added ads to Games in past about every 10th or so time played game you'd get ad now its nearly everytime & like others posted repeat repeat which are frustrating to say least 

Same issues with doing quizzes hate the rewards info popup covers half screen then ads its not worth trying for points besides I only get the puny 15 Daily points every 10th or more checkin to see what offering for Daily sweeps 

Hope everyone has a wonderfully happy Thanksgiving 

Miss you all but not the frustrations of ads overtaken everything no longer fun nor easy to post 😞

Happy Sunday 

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Yes Andrew I posted screenshot of my phone with ads when they 1st started Don't like therefore avoid going to sites 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

I didn't see any ads on the videos yesterday.  I don't know about today yet, but, the first few videos did not start with ads.  Earning video points without ads is really nice!

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew, I had advertisements on 21 videos watched yesterdaySmiley Sad  Today was so much better....NONEHeart

Thanks for letting me know, hope they're gone for good.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Social Butterfly

Completed 24 videos without a single ad today! 👍

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew, 11/19 was great but I encountered about (3) advertisements today and the "Skip Ad" button has been removed.

I have given Congrats to soon, probably had to remove advertisements to start deleting the button from videos.  So 😢.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

No video ads for Wednesday either.  Nice!

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

I saw (1) ad today, but not complaining.  Agreed, it's so much better.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Ad-free again today!

AndrewToo
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP