Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Not Entering Instant Wins Today...Again!

Social Butterfly

Not Entering Instant Wins Today...Again!

First, I'm not thrilled with the great outdoors and don't give two hoots about a Cabelaโ€™s gift card.

Next, the daily has been less than desirable as it is today with the UNO Pizzeria & Grill gift card. I'm not going to win a restaurant card that I would have to travel 100 miles to the closest location. And, I live in a rather populous city in the top 20 by population.

Finally, since I can only get one weekly and one daily instant win, a policy that doesn't sit well with me, I need to save my entries for something I really want or would be pleased to give to someone I care about.

UNO is a NO GO. As for Barnes & Noble; I think the vast majority would rather have a Walmart card.

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

By my count Lord+Taylor (our new weekly instant win opportunity) has 38 locations in the United States ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

From the Lord and Taylor website https://locations.lordandtaylor.com/? is the map (click on show map) of store locations:

001 Lord+Taylor Map.JPG

I compared some of my recent purchases to the same item on their website and the price was double.

Double the price...too few locations.

Why can't AARP give us $125 gas cards for a weekly instant win? @AARPTeri   Of course, I would need more than $125 in gas to even try on a hat at a Lord and Taylor location.

The limits on the instant wins are a problem too.  I might be able to find extended family or a friend to give away the Barnes and Noble card to, but, I hate to use my one daily instant win on a Barnes and Noble card.  So, I won't enter.  If we have to shop online to use an instant win card, I think, an Amazon gift card would be much more welcome by the reward members.

We need a limit of three instant wins per month (at least) IMHO.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew, I'll take the Lord & Taylor if I could win it๐Ÿ˜Š. The problem with  the Instant Wins that require online shopping is that items wanted may be in-store purchase only and it's not a national vendor.  

Question Posted

@AARPTeri & @sandy 

Can we get Instant Wins that aren't located only in the eastern part of country, are there high end vendors located nationally?  Please remove the limits on Instant Wins.  Thanks for your response in advance.

Have a Blessed Day

@mi4090 

Social Butterfly

I think "UNO" is Big CERO...tomorrow's instant win, "Babbel," makes no sense!

AndrewToo
Trusted Contributor

Hey Andrew, I totally agree with you. But I am curious---how do you know what tomorrow's Daily Instant Win will be?  I don't see it until midnight.

Charlie

choochoochas
Social Butterfly

Hey @chas0501 ,

My last post was lost!  I wrote a long explanation.

More simply, click UNO Daily Instant win box on rewards page, when that comes up click "official rules" and it will show recent instant win rules and tomorrow's.  That is happening now.  Same thing with the Weekly Instant win, just start with the weekly box on rewards page.

001 UNO Daily Instant Win.JPG

001 Click on official rules.JPG

001 Shows Instant Win for Tomorrow.JPG

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew, do you know when that info updates?  Not seeing update at 4:30a CST.  I know where the list is located, way u get to free entry.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

The daily instant win is showing for tomorrow: UBER๐Ÿ‘Ž

The next weekly instant win isn't showing maybe it will be available a day before Stock Car Driving Experience ends on 11/22?

This could change at any time.

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew it wasn't updated ai the time I posted.  That's weird.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

I don't see the instant win for tomorrow yet and it is about 2:30 PM ET.  So, that information is not available consistantly.

We could really use a list of all Daily Instant Win opportunities for the entire month on the first of the month like we had in the R4G program.  I would find that helpful. @AARPTeri 

Thanks,

Andrew

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew, that was the reason I posted about a monthly list.  Official Rules list is hit or miss.  

Definitely would be a big help.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Hi Andrew,

I just tried it (had to wait for the end of Jeopardy!).  That is so cool! Thank you!

Charlie

choochoochas
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Hey Andrew what is CERO? Is that info in the Daily email?  Do you get to pick the language course with Babbel? Not sure because I'm not interested, is it a 6 week or month course?

Some pretty sorry Daily Instant WinsSmiley Surprised  Enlighten me.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Social Butterfly

Hi Marylin @mi4090 

Everyone has their own preferences for the Instant Wins.  That is why I started that comment with "I think..."

UNO is one in Spanish

CERO is zero in Spanish

Babbel is to "talk rapidly and continuously in a foolish, excited, or incomprehensible way."

Check the offical rules tommorrow after clicking on the Daily Instant Win but I assume there are several languages to choose from.  It is just not useful to me.

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

• Andrew I got you, this was a coded postSmiley LOL  I assumed you were referring to UNO & Babbel Instant Wins.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Cabelaโ€™s and UBER...no entry today either...๐Ÿ˜•

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew, I agree about Uber and Cabela to now, but if my husband were still alive I would have been all over that Cabela card.  He was a huge bass fisherman, and caught some giant bass...even taught me how to bass fish.  I'm good but couldn't beat himHeart

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Social Butterfly

Still not interested in either instant win game.  I would hate to win a Babbel prize and try to find a friend or loved one who wants it.  And, I'm just waiting for the Cabela's card to be replaced with something that would appeal to more people.

AndrewToo
Contributor

I'm doing the same. a lot of the benefits are not useful to me. Would prefer a Walmart, Amazon gift card

Charles R Berry
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Hello Andrew, I agree about Uno Pizza completely.  This is very unfair to the majority of AARP members.  This is like favoritism----WRONG, WRONG!!!Opera Snapshot_2019-11-02_104925_www.unos.com.pngThere are members all over the US, not just in the eastern part of the countrySmiley Sad

There are only 100 locations in 20 states.  Add pizza gift cards and instant wins that are national.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Bronze Conversationalist

@mi4090   I totally agree with you.  Options presented should be items that anyone can utilize.  Reminds me of the first days of this new program.  There was a Safeway gift card available for points.  Safeway is only present in, I believe, seventeen states and DC.  Fourteen of which are located west of the Mississippi.

Contributor

And this is a problem. A lot of these vendors are not in my state either. For example, there is no Silver Sneakers Program near me, even though it list Portland Maine which happens to be 13 mi from me and is not available. So a benefit like this one is utterly useless.

Charles R Berry
Trusted Social Butterfly

@k380494p 

Karen, it doesn't matter what we say.  Rewards says we do what we want, and nothing you can do about it but complain, and we're use to thatSmiley Sad

Complete disregard for paying members.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Trusted Contributor

Are you guys talking about the daily "Instant Lose"?  Cause that's what it has been for me!!

Charlie

choochoochas
Trusted Social Butterfly

@chas0501 

Charlie, I know what you meanSmiley Mad

Have a Blessed Day,

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP