Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

May Extra Credit Broken

In each lesson in the May Extra Credit there is one activity that can not be completed, so none of the lessons can be completed to unlock the the deals. What a frustrating waste of time.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq , @JoLo49 , @br88302283  & @AARPCaroline 

I'm wondering if anyone got the card.  The site went from unable to complete activities directly to removing the $10 Amazon Extra Credit link.

Manipulation of members😢 

@AARPCaroline when will the thousands of members be allowed to redeem points for completing activities without the reward option advertised.  Something just isn't right😮

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I can understand everyone's frustration.  But I had no trouble completing the activities and I was able to get the $10 Amazon card.  I got the card between 8 and 9 am CDT which would have been 9 to 10 am EDT.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@shamit   Thanks for letting us know you were able to get the Amazon card.  Good timing for you!  I imagine they didn't last long once the link was fixed.  It is good to know that someone was able to redeem.   This month I went ahead and redeemed rather than waiting like I did in April.  That was a mistake and the Lowes card and others disappeared.   We will all be alert on the first day of the month from now on.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @shamit 

Congrats on getting the card and thanks for letting us know.  So everything was working for you on 5/1 at 8a CT?  You make one winner, maybe only 1 card😮

Enjoy your Prize😊

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090  You may be right.  I was relatively early EST checking things out and it was unavailable.  I imagine it would have gone fast but your scenario is probably correct.  Fix by removing is more likely.   

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

Teri's email on all May Extra Credit plus link in catalog to $10 Amazon gift card all disappeared in less than 24 hours.

Suspicious things happening.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090   Was there an email from Teri?  Or a post?   I see her posts but don't get emails from her as a rule.  

In either case it was either sold out or unavailable when I saw it early Friday morning.   

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

@AARPCaroline not exactly correct, While the  activities for two lessons were fixed this morning, the AARP: The benefit of belonging lesson  has the "Test your AARP Rewards knowledge" activity with a broken link. (It is also broken in Earn-Quizzes).

It seems that the May Extra Credit was released before it was fully functional and definitely before it was fully tested. Over the almost three hours after 12 PM EDT that I tried to get to The Amazon gift cards, the behavior and features I expected, after using the April Extra Credit, were slowly added but the three broken activities blocked success. I went to bed annoyed and frustrated.

I was even more annoyed to find that all the Amazon cards were gone by the time I was back on-line  in the PDT AM.

Is it better to release late and functional or to release on time but broken and untested? Obviously, on time, fully functional, and tested is the best option, but sometimes not possible.

-B

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I was also disappointed and frustrated to not be able to complete one of the extra credit activities to have access to the Amazon card.   Unfortunately, by the time I logged back on early morning,  the cards were gone, although the link was fixed.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yeah they fixed it, but by the time I get back on in the AM (west coast time), the Amazon cards are gone.

LAME!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

I don't know when the Amazon card came on the board, but it was gone when I got on at 8 EST.
0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@br88302283 @JoLo49 @HokiePoq This issue has been resolved. If you've already clicked on the link to the quiz, you will need to clear your cache to get directed to the correct page. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I had the same issues.  I hope tech support can fix.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP