Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Fitbit on AARP Rewards Topic

There is information out there about people connecting other devices as fitness trackers to AARP Rewards, but, I am hoping to get feedback from any FITBIT users.  Any feedback from FITBIT users would be welcome.

I had a FITBIT zip device that I used with Rewards for Good.  I had connected that device to AARP Rewards on Wednesday the 25th.  I have walked in excess of 10,000 steps on the 25th and 26th and was awarded no points.

Are there other users out there that have a working (or not working) FITBIT device on AARP Rewards?  Either way, it would be helpful to get feedback.

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Stange but true...

I walked over 10k steps today and, then, removed my device and resynced again today and it awarded the 150 pts!  I must have tried this 4 times since the beginning of the AARP Rewards program.

I hope it keeps working!

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@andrewtoo wrote:

Stange but true...

I walked over 10k steps today and, then, removed my device and resynced again today and it awarded the 150 pts!  I must have tried this 4 times since the beginning of the AARP Rewards program.

Maybe I'll try this too . . . I have not received any points for my Apple Health App yet.  I synced it many days ago.

Social Butterfly

@b416308r 

I hope your apple device is working.  I nearly lept for joy after reporting my steps today and receiving 150 points.  I'm easily excited, I suppose. 😁

@b416308r wrote:

@andrewtoo wrote:

Stange but true...

Maybe I'll try this too . . . I have not received any points for my Apple Health App yet.  I synced it many days ago.

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Try adding /syncing your device here
https://www.aarp.org/rewards/earn/#selectDevice,
and if that does not work, add your activities manually to the Fitbit site here

https://accounts.fitbit.com/login?targetUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fitbit.com%2Flogin%2Ftransferpage%3Fre...

after you log in and then sync again...........

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hello @rhemtullamg5252 

I removed and resynced my device on Friday.  I have completed greater than 10k steps on Sat. and Today.

Although, I can login to the fitbit site, my device is a fitbit "zip."  It is very simple and only tracks steps, distance, and calories burned (and shows the time).  There are no values that I can add manually.

Thanks,

@rhemtullamg5252 wrote:

Try adding /syncing your device here
https://www.aarp.org/rewards/earn/#selectDevice,
and if that does not work, add your activities manually to the Fitbit site here

https://accounts.fitbit.com/login?targetUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fitbit.com%2Flogin%2Ftransferpage%3Fre...

after you log in and then sync again...........

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I did try to sync this way and it would not work. When I click on it it does not take me to the Fitbit page.

I clicked on the fitbit link and here is what is there. 2 walks that day, however 12,031 steps. Is this why AARP is not giving points eventhough I had 12,031 steps. The steps have to be shown in an activity or the actual steps taken which is recorded as well.

Walk  activity 1. +4,722 of 12,031 steps taken

Walk activity 2. +1,758 of 12,031 steps taken

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ddgeorge54  and @andrewtoo  - have you tried to remove the Fitbit and add again?  Or is it showing up at all?  Do you see Manage your fitbit on the Earn page?  

managefitbit.JPG

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes I have and Yes I see manage your fitbit on the Earn page.

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Thanks for your help.  I had the "manage your fitbit" on my earn page since the 24th.  I removed it, then resynced it on Friday the 27th.  I walked well over 10k steps on Saturday, but haven't seen any points at all from my walking/running activities.  However, I didn't walk 10k steps yesterday (Sunday).  I should be able to try again today, hopefully.

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It posted points for my (fitbit) Thursdays 10,000 steps the following day.  Assuming it would do the same I maxed out my total points for Fri.  I never received points for my Friday 10,000 steps, so I wondered if it was because I was at my limit for Friday points.  Very confusing, I will call Monday, 09/30 and find out why it has not given me credit and when it should post.

Periodic Contributor

I am looking to get my points tonight. Crossing my fingers 🙂 

Periodic Contributor

I did not receive any points for walking 10,000 steps. 😞

Social Butterfly

@ddgeorge54 

I didn't receive fitbit points for my steps that I completed yesterday or any other day, so far.  The same device worked well with Rewards for Good.  I'm perplexed at this point.

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hello @sr13892711 

Thank you for posting.  I think it is a good sign that you recieved fitbit points at all. 

In the Rewards for Good program Fitbit points were exempt from the daily point limit.  Maybe we should be asking if Fitbit points are subject to the daily point limit under the new AARP Rewards program? @AARPTeri ?  I asked about it in another forum, but it was a busy day and got buried in all the postings.

@sr13892711 wrote:

It posted points for my (fitbit) Thursdays 10,000 steps the following day.  Assuming it would do the same I maxed out my total points for Fri.  I never received points for my Friday 10,000 steps, so I wondered if it was because I was at my limit for Friday points.  Very confusing, I will call Monday, 09/30 and find out why it has not given me credit and when it should post.

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I linked my fit bit on the 25th and did get points for 10,000 steps yesterday and today.
Social Butterfly

@je1020 

Thanks for posting.  At least, there is some hope!

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I hit 10,000 steps yesterday but it did not pick i up on AARP from Apple Health (iphone).  I resynced it today.  Will I not see anything if I do not hit 10K today?

Trusted Contributor

I only have a pedometer and would like to be able to get points for walking.  Is there any way to do that with AARP Rewards?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mlafayet   The system syncs with these fitness devices to track for us so unfortunately we do not have a way to do this with a pedometer.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

It is unfortunate that you can't take my word, as a lifetime member, for the number of steps.  Maybe someday. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I also have connected my Fitbit , have walked 10,000+ steps daily, and have not received any points yet. I previously had my Fitbit connected with the Rewards program and regularly received points.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@andrewtoo   Does your AARP Rewards Earn page show Manage your fitbit?  If so, can you remove the device and add it again.  If not, the first time you tried may not have worked.  Let me know if you are successful!  I can be sure you get points for yesterday!

managefitbit.JPG

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

Yes I was able to delete and re add it. Walked 10,000 and could not sync to get points. Annoying!

Social Butterfly

Thanks for posing @ddgeorge54 

No points yet.  I removed and resynced my device yesterday (Friday) and it shows I have a linked device on the "Earn" page as shown below (you can make it larger by clicking on it and expanding the image).  If I get rewarded later, I'll be sure to post.

001 Earn Page Manage fitbit.JPG

@ddgeorge54 wrote:

Yes I was able to delete and re add it. Walked 10,000 and could not sync to get points. Annoying!

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

I removed my device and synced it again.  Don't worry about the points for the past couple of days.  I'm just hoping to resolve the issue going forward.  It may be a couple of days before I achieve the 10,000 steps to test the link with AARP Rewards.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I just connected my FitBit to AARP Rewards so I will need to see if it awards any points if i walk 10,000.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP