Periodic Contributor

Daily Instant Win

Where is the list of Daily Instant Win winners for the $10 Whole Foods Market Gift Card (10/3/2019)?  Those names are not listed on the following file http://winlists.helloworld.com/245438_IW.pdf?

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I realize this posting is rather old but when I clicked on the file link, it appears that the contents of the file are recent for 2021. 

So this file is interesting. I have not won an Instant win in over 6 months. I play them every day. However there are people who have won 8 and 11 times in this file. How does this happen??? Are they employees? If they are not, then what are they doing that makes them so 'lucky' to win so often? 

To check this I just scrolled through the file and some names seemed to come up fairly often. These are unusual names, not common ones. By doing a 'control f' to do a search, one can enter in the first name then a space and then the first initial of the last name. Bingo. It even tells you how many times that name is listed in that file. You can also use the ^ and v arrows to see each one individually. 

How do I, and every other daily loser, get on the list of people who get these daily wins?

Periodic Contributor

I am glad I am not the only one. I believe I have used over 20,000 points (50pts. per entry) in the last 6 months and I have won 2 times. I'm sorry but those are terrible odds. It's like AARP is trying to drain you of all your points so that you have to go back and do their activities. It's really ridiculous. Then today they are offering Instant win Walmart and Target cards, instead of offering those cards by points. The object here is to manipulate us into doing as many activities we can do so that the sponsors/commercials on those activities pay AARP their fees. Then they are constantly reminding us to renew our memberships and get these great "benefits". Very disappointing.😠

I have never won. Does make you wonder. Also, pretty stupid you can only redeem 1 time for a gift card. Most options to redeem for are horrible. At least let us redeem for same rewards, if available, every 3 or 6 months. Feel like I have wasted time earning points on this site....time would have been better served elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

The Instant Win games are harder to win now that they are running each of the games for 7 days to use up our points for each entry.  You could enter by the "free" method, but it takes more effort.  I haven't won an Instant Win since the new program started as the odds are not in our favor to win.  The Sweepstakes are almost impossible to win and use up even more of our points.

Super Contributor

Hello everyone 😊. I've only won 1 Instant Win game. Anyway, I used to belong to VipVoice and a lot of the Winners were always winning. I believe that a lot of the Winners on VipVoice are also on AARP winners list. I've been trying to learn how to use Microsoft Office to run a comparison of the Winners. I will learn how to use Excel, Word and Spreadsheet. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I too have been wondering what's up with with the Instant Wins. I play all or nearly all of the Instant Wins every day, just like BeachGirl123 described. In the first 9 months of 2020, I won 9 Instant gift cards, an average of one per month. From October 2020 until now (nearly 5 months), I have gotten exactly ONE Instant Win. 

The research that BeachGirl123 did is very telling. How can a few people be so "lucky" as to win repeatedly when the vast majority of everyday players get shut down? Something's screwy here. Perhaps a handful of hackers or insiders have figured out a way to enter the Instant Wins multiple times per day without being detected as cheaters?? It makes one wonder, for sure.

I also wonder if a similar pattern of frequent "lucky" entrants might be detected if folks were able to peruse the names of Sweepstakes winners? 

Admin should look into this in order to "assure" us that there's no funny business going on.

Super Contributor

can anyone explain to me ,if A person can win one (1) Daily Instant Win and one (1) other Instant Win Prize per month, why would they allow you to try and win another one. Seems like you shouldn't be able to play. I won a Daily Instant Game and on another day, I played again. It shouldn't have allowed me to play again. 

Concerned Member
Recognized Social Butterfly

Hello @al45009948 

Al, you're right.  You can also use the Free Method for Instant Wins and lose but you're able redeem points for same Instant Win and they are deducted from your balance. 

@AARPTeri why are members able to play for Points after losing with "free method"?  What's the purpose of the Try again tomorrow message?  This seems to be a major glitch.  Please explain why this can happen.

Have a Blessed Day

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

THE NEW AARP SUX THERES NO MERCHADISE TO BUY JUS GIFT CARDS WHAT A JOKE

DALEZ666

@d794441s 

Dale, and the Daily/Wkly Instant Wins stopped (5) days ago, plus no Points Only gift cardsSmiley Sad

Very disappointing, to see what we got for having to rush and give up our points.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@JamesM699032 

Hey James Thanks for link

Just checking & reading it

This may be why no list of names for Whole Foods when day after winners for Amazon card are listed

*See below what states* 

Possibly a/some winners haven't been confirmed yet? 

Hope helps

Ginger  ;  )

Post lists after winners confirmedPost lists after winners confirmed

Kudos
Views

@gm5271 

Ginger, I was telling you about the Daily instant Wins on a different thread and of course should have known you knew the rules, forgive me.  A lot of conversations going on threads that they aren't about.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Periodic Contributor

@gm5271 yep, thank helps.  Thanks a bunch!  🙂

Conversationalist

@JamesM699032  Where do you find the link to the winners?  I have been looking and I cannot find it.  Is there a website?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Go to the bottom of the https://www.aarp.org/rewards/discover/ page and click on the Daily Instant Win Games link (in fine print).  It will take you to the list of rules on https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/instant-win-rules/.  Click any of those and it will open a pdf document with the list of winners...  all except those for the $10 Whole Foods Market Gift Card  which is the one I'm looking for.

Also, you can just go directly to the page https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/instant-win-rules/ but I just provided the path to get there just in case.  

Conversationalist

@JamesM699032   Thank you.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thanks for this!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Social Security

Discuss your thoughts about the 2022 Social Security cost-of-living adjustment with AARP experts - and ask a question to earn 50 AARP Rewards points. Join the discussion now.

AARP Make Your Move Contest 2021

Enter Today! Ends 10/22/2021. See Official Rules

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health