Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Delta Dental through AARP

I enrolled with Delta Dental through AARP. I was not pleased with the Best Life Dental policy I had. I went with the mid-level plan. I went in for my first regular check up since I signed up for Delta. They paid $48 on a $171 bill. Delta Dental is worse than the Best Life Dental I canceled and I pay $10 a month more for the policy. I thought AARP did a better job of screening vendors than this. Iโ€™m disappointed in Delta and AARP. I will be looking for better dental insurance. I donโ€™t know if Iโ€™ll renew my AARP membership.

0 Kudos

I agree with you completely concerning Delta Dental. This is the worst plan ever.  They send you a summary of procedures that they cover and the percentage coverage that you can expect.  The reality is that they don't  even cover the plan percentage of their own accepted fees, but rather a percentage of the maximum contract allowance which is always lower than the accepted fee.  Many basic items such as dental x-rays prior to procedures and other tests are not covered. Nitrous oxide or monitoring of oral sedation is not covered.  I trusted AARP to recommend a good plan to its members, but Delta Dental is an epic fail.  Not sure about renewing my membership either.

0 Kudos

Also, be aware that PRICES QUOTED TO AARP MEMBERS in California are higher than the price available on the Delta Dental website without the membership.  The HMO price in California is $17 per month, but the same plan is offered to AARP members for the special rate of $45 per month.  Really!!!!  I called to verify with the AARP rep for Delta Dental and she just wanted to upsell me to a PPO, and she refused to explain why the cost of the AARP HMO plan (Delta Care) was 3 x more expensive for AARP members than the price offered the general public using the Delta Dental website.  Someone at AARP needs to look into this issue, as it appears very misleading advertisements are being mailed to AARP members in CA. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi there @JaniceC146157, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding your expenses provided by Delta Dental. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at Delta Dental to have this investigated for you. If you are still having difficulties with your AARP Insurance Coverage, please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, โ€œ(StephfanW784785)โ€ into the โ€œSend toโ€ box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

• Full name
  • AARP Membership # (or home address)
  • Phone # and email address to contact you
  • Description of your issue

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi there, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding your expenses provided by Delta Dental. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at Delta Dental to have this investigated for you. If you are still having difficulties with your AARP Insurance Coverage, please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, โ€œ(StephfanW784785)โ€ into the โ€œSend toโ€ box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

• Full name
  • AARP Membership # (or home address)
  • Phone # and email address to contact you
  • Description of your issue

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP