Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 31 of 308

In my house

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 308

How about Kentucky?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 308

Delaware 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 308

Delaware 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 308

I'm also leaning toward Los Angeles, but I don't have an acceptable, practical reason.  I lived in San Diego for two years.  I couldn't afford living there even while working a part time job while also working a full time job, but I felt like I belonged there.  I haven't lived in Los Angeles, but until recently I visited a couple of times a year and had the same feelings.  I'd like those feelings to be permanent for the last few years of my life.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 308

Los Angeles Ca

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 308

I lived in Phoenix AZ in my school years and early working career years.  Had to move to neighboring New Mexico for my career in my mid 20's.  Always thought I would return.  Well, over time the Phoenix area has become a huge overcrowded mess of a place!   Lot's of crime, high taxes, high cost of living, etc.  New Mexico, not much better, live near Albuquerque now and although I like our community alright the crime rate has increased over 250% in the past 10 years.  Drug use, theft, murder, all of it is out of control.  Lots of gangs from South America (think MS 13, yes they are here folks!).  So I am looking to get out! 

We have family in the Branson MO area, we have visited there many times and love it!  Sure, the weather can be a pain but same goes for the southwest.  I watch the weather between the both and quite frankly they aren't that different tempurature wise most of the time!  Big difference is dry in the southwest, humid in the midwest!  I think it is a good enough trade for somewhere that I probably will not need an electified fence around my porperty to keep out the vermin!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 308

Where do you live in the southwest?  We live in the Ozarks in Arkansas. We have wondered how it would be in Arizona. 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 308

Well, me and the wife are headed for southwestern Missouri ourselves.  Going to the Ozark mountains.  Have lived in the southwest for most of our lives and cannot stand what it has become!  Shame really as it used to be wonderful place.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 308

Colorado Springs

Kudos
Views