Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Hi.  It is good to see a lot of my original friends returning to this site.  All of you have been so helpful to me and I know the new people on this site will benefit from your advice. I have begun to read WIDOW TO WIDOW again.  I think the first time I read it I was not able to focus and comprehend the good advice given.  I am seriously considering relocating to another state near family.  It is a HUGE decision to make and will involve many steps to accomplish.  I still have days where I struggle and am sad.  I truly wonder if I will ever recover from losing my husband, son and brother.  I tell myself they are in a better place, my husband is no longer suffering and they would want me to be happy and to move on with my life.  Some days I feel so guilty, then others I remind myself that there is no time schedule and that I must take it one day at a time and do the best I can.  I will continue on this journey.  Thank You for checking on me.  

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you @Cadee for your update. I can't imagine having to cope with the compounding losses that you have had and I think of you often. You are right that there is no time schedule and taking whatever time is needed to think through huge decisions sounds like a logical plan.

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

So nice to hear from you Cadee! Take care.

Silver Conversationalist

Cadee I hope you continue with the group. House etc has been keeping me busy and also tiring but I think your experience is valuable to those that need it. Please continue to share your journey! Take care.

Silver Conversationalist

I guess I missed some of what you were talking about @Cadee2719 but I certainly understand the part about the one person that kept us together as a group. That person is certainly missed. There are however, still people who come here in need of support and those with valuable experiences to share. I hope that we can continue to utilize the forum as a safe space to provide and receive support from one another.

Silver Conversationalist

Life is ever changing and so we adapt. I also think this group serves a valuable purpose. The focus is on grief/loss. As opposed to other groups where the focus is scattered. Which can leave you feeling at odds. There's a sense of real help here. The sharing of grief/loss is affirmed. Many grieving people skip this first important part. And continue to grieve searching for affirmation. There's no timetable to grieving. But I think it's a process. Worthy of repeating to the next step of the grieving process. I hope everyone continues with the group. Thank you all for being here!

Conversationalist

I agree.  Having lost three of the most important people in my life within months, I came to this site seeking help. The people here were so patient and kind to me.  I relied on them to get through each waking day.  Without them, I would not have made it.  They referred me to books to read, told me about their experiences in dealing with the aftermath of loss,  and even found ways to make me smile and laugh.  They took time from their busy days to reach out to me and for that I will always be appreciative.  I hope this site will continue to be helpful to those that reach out for help.  I know that you, Marcy ,Beatlelover and Nicole and others)  are certainly the ones that have helped me and will help others.  Thank You for your kindness.

Silver Conversationalist

You @Cadee2719 have helped me too! Knowing you and others were out there when I needed to know someone was listening has been a saving grace for me. May we continue to be here for each other in whatever way we can. โค๏ธ๐Ÿค—

Honored Social Butterfly

So glad to see your post @Cadee2719 

Thank you for your kind words. And know that you have helped me as well. Everyone on here has saved me 

at one time or another. For that Iโ€™m 

eternally grateful ๐Ÿ’œ

Silver Conversationalist

How are you Beatle? Please take a minute to let us know. Taking care of your parents is very good of you. And a lot to cope with along with your recent loss. 

Silver Conversationalist

And we are grateful for you Beatle!

Honored Social Butterfly

@mc6844  | @MarcyW882921  | @BeatleloverKT  |  @Cadee2719  | @BillH490171  Does anyone know where Nicole (Spring2023) is today? It's hard to imagine that she'd abandon this thread. I hope she's okay. I last heard she relocated to Florida and was living with her daughter, she had a boyfriend that took her on a cruise, and then, her account has suddenly become inactive. I am hoping someone has been able to contact her via cellphone, or email. Anyway, any input of her well-being would be greatly appreciated. She was on here everyday, and then she no longer comes here. That's a bit concerning. 

Conversationalist

I, too, am aware of the post criticizing us for mourning the loss of our loved ones.  AARP has moved this person to The Front Porch.  I do not understand how such a hateful message was permitted to exist on this site knowing we were all dealing with loss in our lives.  I guess Nicole could no longer take it which I understand.  I, too, had left this site confused and sad by this women's comments.  I think when you are in such a fragile state of mind, criticism for mourning your loss is unwarranted and extremely hard to deal with.  I, wish Nicole the best of all life has to offer.  She took time out of her busy day to check on daily, to keep us involved, to meet others, to make us smile and laugh.  I miss her.  Sad that one person wiped out what I thought was a safe place to be.

Silver Conversationalist

Last month @KellytheBelly, Nicole let me know she was leaving the forum and her reason for that action, but she did not send me any way to reach her. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

She dropped off on June 16th. Iโ€™m told she was upset about another post. She has dropped off several times before but has always come back. This time Iโ€™m not so sure

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, I do not know of her whereabouts.  

Honored Social Butterfly

Iโ€™m so sorry you feel this way @Cadee2719 

I know everyone has their reasons for not

being on here everyday. Personally I have my

own issues medically and a very hard time 

with my 90+ parents. Often I try to come up 

with my solutions as well. Donโ€™t want to rely

on anyone else for help if I can do it first. I havenโ€™t been able to find any belittling posts

on here but certainly want to know who it was

so I can address it. Please PM me and let me

know. Thank you. Have a blessed day ๐Ÿ’œ

Regular Contributor

It is still so hard for me to accept the fact that my only Love is gone,,,,I   am trying each day to do something for myself or someone else in my life....three months seem like three years......I will never get over it....but will get through it,,,,,,,,Prayers are lifted for all that are struggling ,as I am...God bless....CAROL

Silver Conversationalist

Thinking of you @CarolD435501. There are days when it is hard to believe that someone we loved so much is physically gone from this earth. They are however kept alive through our memories, in the place they hold within our heart, and in what we do with our life. You are amazing that in three months time you are taking care of yourself and giving of yourself to others! According to many sources, you are right that you will never get over your grief but those sources also say you will grow around your grief. Prayers for you too as you travel on this journey to get through these struggling times.

Honored Social Butterfly

God bless you @CarolD435501 It is quite a

journey, greaving. All my best to you. Iโ€™m 

coming up on five years and I doubt Iโ€™ll ever

fully get over it either. Prayers to you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’œ

Anonymous
Not applicable

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“ฌHappy Friday All!!!

I have 14 more FREE days left of my 30-day TRIAL Amazon Prime, then will do SAME next year. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I really DO NOT see what the big deal is about it as after 1st week, I have caught up on ALL the movies, TV shows and audiobooks I had missed from PREVIOUS year.

Luv the 7-day FREE Trial for Hallmark, Acorn, Britbox and Audible. ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Lol, such a "pain" to FIND stuff that "interest" me after my BINGE on my FAVORITES! ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Luv you ALL,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(Friday 6/16/23)

Sometimes WE do NOT feel like stopping by to chat.

WE understand! ๐Ÿ‘

But HOPE you will stop by AGAIN to see us. ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

floating-text.gif

๐Ÿ“ธ.gif attached๐Ÿ“ธ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@Anonymous and others, For anyone in need of some meditation and relaxation I saw that there is an AARP online class on Forest bathing Tuesday, June 20th. I know I can use it so I just registered.

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Marcy. What is forest bathing? 

Silver Conversationalist

Basically it is meditation in a forest setting where you get in touch with nature and obtain energy from the forest. The class instructor said it can be done anywhere where there are trees. I think she had a video demonstration that was in Central Park.

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks Marcy. I had a completely different picture. Bath tubs in the forest! I know some people have outside bath enclosures. Recently I saw a hose attached to a bottom outside faucet, the hose snaking up to a shower head hanging above. Of course just cold water. But inventive. Good for beach sand and a cooling ripple of water in the heat. A simple cedar side fence for privacy. What a save on money for an outside shower!

Silver Conversationalist

All very interesting @mc6844! ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 , Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

@Anonymousand others, For anyone in need of some meditation and relaxation I saw that there is an AARP online class on Forest bathing Tuesday, June 20th. I know I can use it so I just registered.โ—€๏ธ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Les @LesZ  ๐Ÿค—โ€Œ๐ŸคŽ  Dear Carolyn @CarolynS674392 ๐Ÿค—โ€Œ๐ŸคŽ

WE MISS YOU!

The Grief & Loss Team โ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œ๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP