Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Doesn't anyone want to talk to me?

No messages to me.  I know I don't come here regularly, but I'd appreciate a hello from someone.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hi Carolyn, how are you doing? Please take care!

Periodic Contributor

Hi Carolyn, AARP member Ralph saying hello. R u going out today?

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi, Carolyn, thinking of you and hope you are feeling less alone.  Volunteering helps and also taking time to do those things you enjoy.  This is a journey and it will take time for you to find purpose and a new identity.  Good luck.  Sue

Bronze Conversationalist

Carolyn, I agree with Sue. Time takes time. I'm glad you're on the site. I think about all of you on the site often. I feel better when I drop in and see how you're doing. I know its not an easy road. But the people here understand where you're at. I think that helps a lot. Staying in the day. A moment at a time when necessary. Then before you know it you feel better. And just keep going. Take care.

Hi, I hope you're well. 

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Carolyn,just a quick hello and hope your volunteer job is going well..

Trusted Contributor

Hi Carolyn, I'm new to the group and the forum. But, I'll always give you a shout back.  I too am grieving the loss of my spouse (4 weeks) and have our small older dog to be with me.  Pets seem to be a good part of our lives and at this time, can provide comfort and also gives up a purpose to take care of them at this chaotic time..

Bill

Silver Conversationalist

Welcome to the group Bill ,so sorry for your loss.

Conversationalist

Carolyn, I'm sorry I missed your post.  Like the others responding, I now either respond to someone if I feel I can add value or share some positive personal observations.  We are all vulnerable and fragile as we grieve our loved ones.  I find that I am also more sensitive about actions or nonactions more than I was before my husband died.  Maybe that is part of developing the new you.  I sincerely believe with grief one can become a better more compassionate person.  When I feel blue, I find that reaching out to someone else who is also experiencing pain or uncertainty helps me as well.  More than likely your loss of your loved one has created a void.  In my case companionship and intimacy in all its meaning.  I also know that even with relatives and friends that void cannot be totally filled.  Perhaps we have to redefine what we need now in our new life.  We cannot replicate the past but what can we do for the future?  Perhaps staying open to new possibilities will enable us to visualize a new completeness.  I hope so for all our sake.  Know that we are all on this journey together.  Sue

Conversationalist

Thank you to all who replied.  I am getting started on my new volunteer job.  I guess I haven't been here too much lately.  I was also going to bed earlier.  Still taking care of my wonderful little dog Augie.  Nice to be here.

Bronze Conversationalist

Carolyn. What breed is your little Augie? I no longer have pets. But enjoy hearing about the endearing and funny things other people's pets do. Take care.

Bronze Conversationalist

Carolyn, you're fortunate to have your little dog. We had wonderful family dogs. One was a sheep dog and would "herd" up the kids at bedtime every night! Very effective! And so funny to watch. lol. I don't presently have a dog. They require a lot of care and I'm a lot older now. I visit dogs of family/friends. And I love to hear anecdotes of people's dogs. It's always heartwarming. Carolyn, you and little Augie take care and have a nice day! 

Contributor

Hello 🙂. Senior planet has lunch and learn classes that are great for conversations. AARP also has other online classes through zoom that are also great for engaging with the community. 🙂 

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Maria!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Sometimes we all need space to breathe and step back from the picture to be able to think about where we have been and where we are heading. Things come up and take our attention off the matter if only for a short time only to return sometimes with a vengeance...It's good to know that others care and are there should you need the words of comfort and wisdom to help give you the strength to go on..Ears are for listening and we are here to hear you when ever the need arises...

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning @CarolynS674392  Always great

to hear from you! No one has forgotten you, rest

assured. I hope you are doing ok. It’s good that

you reached out. We are all in this together my

friend 💜

Bronze Conversationalist

Carolyn  it's good to hear from you! The people here will help you. Since the site is focused on the topic of loss its specific to need, which is very helpful. Time takes time. I know it's not an easy turn of events. But the fact you're on the site is a good and hopeful sign of moving forward. Take care!

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello, I hope you had a nice day.

Regular Contributor

Hello Carolyn:

I don't come here regularly either. When I do look at the forums, it seems to me that not many people are on the online communities. Sometimes I will reply to a topic if it's of interest and I asked for some thoughts on my handling of an issue in the housing forum. I am not on Facebook very much either and posting everyday is not something I do. I do check on here now and again, if folks can be ok with a slow response. I do know what it is like to feel that you have no one to talk to.

What would you like to talk about?

Conversationalist

Hi Carolyn,  i, too, don't come here regularly, but I know it feels good when someone says "Hello".  I hope that your day is going well.  The people on this site have been such a help to me and I know that they will be there for you as well.  

Regular Social Butterfly

Hi, Carolyn!

This might be of interest: AARP Community: WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us 

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Honored Social Butterfly

👋🏻  Hello!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comments) Suggestion - reply to other member's post and also post how you are doing.

WE LUV YOU Carolyn @CarolynS674392 , Grief & Loss Team 🤗🤎

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Good morning Spring And good morning @CarolynS674392 A hello from me to all here, my first time in this corner of AARP, even though I have been a member for many many years. It's nice to see everyone communicating here.

Peace be with you.   ~Jim

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP