Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Esteemed Social Butterfly

2 comments (Monday 10/23/23)

Goodness Cadee!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Hang in there like you have been ๐Ÿ‘ and luv how you are figuring out what do NEXT!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Yes, it is CATCH UP time and YOUR GRANDSON will have Granny around for several more years dear friend.... ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Thanks for the update and luv you,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โœCadee wrote:

Just returned from my eye exam.  (I think I am going to rent a room in the medical building with all the appointments I have had this month!!!).  Have to have surgery on my other eye for cataract/glaucoma surgery.  They will have to put stents in this eye as they did in my other eye.  I told them I will have to wait until 2024 as I am in the process of seeing the Rheumotologist soon and have to resolve that issue.  Nicole I AM FALLING APART.  ๐Ÿ˜ซ   I am greatful that I have taken the time to finally go to the doctors and am working on taking care of my health.  This is a new concept for a caregiver, but one that is necessary.โœ

Contributor

Thank you for those virtual hugs I needed today after I lost my 18 year old Alexis from a cancerous brain tumor known as "Glioblastoma"

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

I'm so sorry for your loss Julia. I'm glad you found this site. The kind and good people here can help you. 

(1 comment/10-11-23)

Oh goodness Marcy @MarcyW882921 ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Yes, you will get through it!!!

My thoughts are with you dear friend, Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

โœ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy

Yes I have many activities, but your dinner reservation is still valid! I'm getting very close to being done with my renovations!

This past week I have however, experienced the steps backward that most of us seem to take at some point. I am coming up on the one year anniversary of my hubby's passing and he has two of them. The first started tonight and the next one is October 22nd. When I heard his name read last Friday it hit me like a ton of brick!

I was not as confident last Friday as I am today, that I will get through this somehow.

Marcyโœ 

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ

(1 comment/10-11-23)

Lol, Marcy @MarcyW882921 , I am going to call you Bionic Marcy!!! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Why? ๐Ÿค”

Girl, YOU ARE my Inspiration to get busy! ๐Ÿ‘

Between your Chorus, Tennis, Kitchen Renovation (I hope my Dinner Reservation is still valid ๐Ÿ™„) and so on = YOU ARE moving ahead in your life....

You Go Girl!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy

Yes I have many activities, but your dinner reservation is still valid! I'm getting very close to being done with my renovations!

This past week I have however, experienced the steps backward that most of us seem to take at some point. I am coming up on the one year anniversary of my hubby's passing and he has two of them. The first started tonight and the next one is October 22nd. When I heard his name read last Friday it hit me like a ton of brick!

I was not as confident last Friday as I am today, that I will get through this somehow.

Marcy

Kudos
Views

(1 comment/10-11-23) 

MC @mc6844 , when I gave up last month, you believed in me. As you can see I am back to my Old Self again. Thank you SO MUCH, Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โ€œA true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.โ€ โ€” Bernard Meltzer

Silver Conversationalist

Lol Nicole! Aren't we all a little cracked at times. Hopefully not at the same time. But that happens too. You're certainly in the right place Nicole. Your unique talents and personality are so needed here. You are and will be truly blessed for your kindness, and all the love you give. This site is so unique because of the focus on grief and loss. It gives one a feeling of leaving the heaviness on site, and having a brighter day. Thank you Nicole!

(1 comment/10-11-23)

Hmmmm, Marcy @MarcyW882921 , isn't the NEXT Time Change the one where at some point 5pm looks like 8pm = DARK? ๐Ÿค”

I luv it in the mornings when the School Kids are SAFE as it is NOT dark. Is that the NEXT Time Change? ๐Ÿค”

Lol, what I need is - 7am Sunrise and 8pm Sunset ALL YEAR. You think Mother Nature will give it to me...../lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Now to REMEMBER to change the Other Old Lady's (2006 Hyundai Elantra) CLOCK. ๐Ÿ™„

And what a pain.

I know folks (old) who NEVER change it. With my luck I would FORGET and either arrive at my destination late or early. Nope, I need to CHANGE mine.

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โœ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

I don't know about you Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy, but I am ready for my hour back!

Marcyโœ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy, I like when it is dark at night time and when it is light in the morning. Changing times messes up my body's natural time clock and I have a harder time keeping a consistent schedule.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

Just an update on the hands (Carpal Tunnel)..Went to Ortho doctor who did xrays and found I have moderate carpal tunnel and issued braces to be worn at night as they are long. I have to put a square covering as the fabric and metal inner piece bothers the hands but I will use them as directed ..Go back for appt. if pain is still prevalent in Nov.Then it will be Cortisone shots followed by surgery if they don't work...I sold my car after having the brakes go while enroute to my home from bank..a very scary feeling.  At 81 not desirable .I haven't been driving much at all since my husband passed which is just about a year. Daughters/Son have been taking turns driving me to appts/grocery shopping ..I am a homebody at heart and have enough things to keep me busy...Actually I had no complaints about the Buick had it for 17 years and it just started to have problems which meant repairs at a high cost...Sometimes I order groceries from a local market which delivers for a small fee & tip to the driver who delivers right to the door..Because knitting is out of the question I'm thinking of other hobbies to do to keep my mind and senses busy and actove..So that's it in a nut shell for me..Thank you for your concern...

(1 comment/10-10-23) 

@MarcyW882921 ๐Ÿค—

Thinking of you today Marcy!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy. It was a busy day. I played tennis this morning and had two chorus performances this afternoon.๐ŸŽถ

Marcy

(1 comment/10-8-23)

๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ˜ด  SWEET DREAMS!

Starting to get dark here in Melbourne, Florida. Time changes soon NEXT month (November), we get an EXTRA hour of SLEEP that day. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I hope we ALL have a "restful" night TONIGHT! ๐Ÿ™ƒ

See you tomorrow. So GLAD my neighbors return to school and jobs TOMORROW = my PEACEFUL retirement returns...  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I don't know about you Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy, but I am ready for my hour back!

Marcy

(1 comment/10-8-23)

DREAMS DISCUSSION (if anyone interested ๐Ÿ˜Ž)

A few of us had mentioned this topic and I was wondering IF anyone has had theirs interpreted? ๐Ÿค”

Me, nope - but now have an interest as last night, another night of being in my dream.

But this time, I am rested for today's whatever. GRATEFUL! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Gosh, the recent Dream Night wore my a.s out and I felt like I could sleep for years.

MC @mc6844 had mentioned STRESS AND GRIEVING affecting our dreams. Yikes! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Anyway, thought I would bring this up....

Thanks,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

My husband was a psychologist and loved doing dream interpretation. He has done mine for all of the years we were together and most of the time he laughed at them. Sometimes he would tell me what was so funny, but not always.

Marcy

Regular Contributor

I am maybe a little better, and then I am NOT..I am getting out a little more. had dinner out tonight with Monroe,'s Niece....at first I thought no...and then   Yes...go....it will be good for me...I went.  and really enjoyed it....and the company...got to talk about my lost, and after getting back home..I realized it did help me....How long we I grieve, and others do...I have no idea ..but I will keep trying...to get through, but never forget.....LOVE you all, that are having to go through this....

Bronze Conversationalist

Carol @CarolD435501, I'm so glad you decided to go out for dinner and that you enjoyed it! We have a lot of time to be home alone, so it's good to get out with people when the opportunity presents itself. Hang in there and it's good to hear from you!

Marcy

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

Yes, Nicole, those annoying house things like tackling closets, getting rid of gadgets etc that don't work anymore. Generally, just keeping up with things.

One of my favorite activities is dropping in to see how everyone is here on the forum. I'm sorry for all your losses and applaud your efforts to overcome challenges on your own. And to care how others are doing during your own challenging times. Remember you're not alone. Your guardian angels are near. And have come to your assistance many times already, if you think about it. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Just  checkng in I'm dealing with Carpal Tunnel syndrone in both hands so I limit what I am doing down to the minimal..Moderate state and am following instructions as to how to deal with it via Orthopedic doctor/surgeon. Hopefully it will subside to the point I can participate in things that I love doing such as knitting and holding a book to read. Yes I too have dreams for the most part good some sad..Each dream usually is what we are going through or have on our mind..I try to figure out the reason behind them ..I believe this is part of the healing process also..I do read the posts even though I'm not always an active participant...

Silver Conversationalist

I hope you feel better! That is so painful to have in both hands. I've found some relief in natural joint supplements and herbs and spices. It can be a worry, dealing with these things on our own. But you seem to be doing very well, probably a lot better than you think. Your insight is always encouraging!

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

I'm sorry for the loss of your Dad, Nicole. I'm sure that wasn't easy for you or your Mom.

Silver Conversationalist

Hmm....I know kids who aren't allowed anything but carrotts and celery etc. Which is good food. Except how do they manage food when they're on their own? Chocolate with cocoa, I think 70%, is good for people. And we don't want kids eating high carb etc when they go through tough things in life. 

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

Glad you had a fun event Nicole! Sometimes I pay attention to dreams. They do seem to interfere with rest. They're more vivid during times of stress, and grief. Take care!

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP