Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

BEWARE the new(ish) Clorox "Smart Tube" technology!

Regular Contributor

BEWARE the new(ish) Clorox "Smart Tube" technology!

Clorox has made a blunder comparable to the "New Coke" debacle: The company went "all in" with their commitment to a new spray bottle design that is featured on virtually every one of their spray cleaning products.  The sprayer on this bottle must be lined up with the integral tube that delivers the product right until the bottle is just about dry.  The problem is, this lining up means the top cannot be screwed into the bottle.  It snaps, very, very weakly, into the bottle, allowing it to sink its tube top into the bottle's integral tube, built into the side of the bottle.  On major complaint sites, this system is attacked en masse. On the government consumer complaint site, it receives one out of five stars.  Be very careful if you are unfortunate enough to have this terribly designed bottle in your home/under your kitchen sink.  I was using the bleach spray and it popped right off the bottle, splashing bleach everywhere!  I have since found that other Clorox spray products have the exact same problem.  I strongly urge you to find a different company's (hand) spray cleaning products until Clorox trashes its Smart Tube technology.  Smart Tube is Stupid!  You've been warned.

I love the "smart tube" spray bottles. If you refill them you have to line them up correctly and push down the top until it clicks - not a big deal. But they last forever without the pump going out. I have probably refilled a couple of their their spray bottles a dozen times or more with everything that I need to spray around the house and garage. I'm not wild about their contents since I prefer to purchase concentrated generic cleaners and dilute them for use but I have actually purchase more of these products to ensure I'll have a long term supply of the spray bottles.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I also had difficulty and thought it was just a defective bottle, so I purchased another one (from Costco), so now I have two huge bottles of Clorox spray and two refill spray bottles that DO NOT WORK! I am so frustrated. 

Social Butterfly

@sgm55 , Thank you for the heads up. Will not buy product.  Christine

Totally agree hate the new bottle just spilled all over my floor

will switch to a different product leave  well enough alone!

Contributor

So much for maintaining the integrity of the Chlorox brand -- the "Smart Tube Technology" keeps you from getting the product out of the bottle. Time to shop for substitute product.

Worst packaging design ever. Has never worked for me and does anyone think I would care enough about a bottle dispenser to put it on the internet? Do you guys at Clorox read this stuff? I HATE this dispenser! It doesn’t work! Aaargh!

I have used Clorox Spray for years but NO MORE.  I have tried three bottles at different times, thinking each time that I had gotten a lemon, but the spray simply doesn't spray.  I pump and pump, and finally get a few drops.  The latest design, Smart Tube Technology, is the worst.  PLEASE FIX THIS, CLOROX COMPANY!

Gold Conversationalist

wow, I had no idea this was such a common problem. I have hated those dang new Clorox bottles for several years and intended to not buy such a product again (had bought like a 4-pack at Costco). I had no idea this problem was discussed on YouTube and so many other places. I only happened to stop in this forum and caught sight of this. Interesting.

Still though, any cleaning product that I have to research how to re-build their dispenser and watch slow-motion videos on how to do so...isn't for me. Sorry, Clorox.

Contributor

Love Clorox Clean-up, but frustrated by "Smart Tube Technology" spray bottles that stopped working one-third of the way through the bottle. I thought the pumps were failing, but found instead it is a problem with the seal of the pump down-tube to the bottle (this seems to especially be a problem with Clean-up, as opposed to other Clorox products using this bottle). Found a fix: remove the pump and apply a generous coat of petroleum jelly to the outside of the red portion of the down-tube. Instead of pushing the pump straight down, I insert it at the 9:00 position and then rotate to the 12:00 position while pushing down. Give the spray trigger several pulls to prime the pump and you are back in business.

Contributor

Wow!  Did both the petrolem jelly (I have Aquaphor, so that's what I used) and putting it in at 9:00, then turning to 12:00 and primed a couple of times....it worked!  Thank you so much!

I'll be darned...this petroleum jelly trick WORKS! On both bottles! Yay!

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

That is NOT a fix for this terrible gizmo!  That simply shows how to snap the top on.  That top is the very one that snaps right off when in use.  Do NOT buy this type of spray bottle, EVER!

It's probably just me but it worked. Sorry you're having such a problem.......I know how frustrating it can be when things don't work. 

Contributor

It really surprised me all the bad reviews but for me that been working in the cleaning business and re-using this bottles they work perfectly for several months. I do use the urine remover for cleaning like 40 toilets every night and take the empty bottles home and re-use them for every cleaning job that i do at home. I wish they sell the bottles. Its the best spray bottle ever. I wonder if the bad review users just dropped them too much. I do take good care of them.
Contributor

After following the video instructions on how to reinsert the spary nozzle it works fine!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP