You can help to pick the winner of the 2018 Movies for Grownups Readers' Choice award! Vote now for your favorite film.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite regional food in the U.S.?

Message 11 of 19

I’m with you for a deep dish if that is the craving, and you are right Chicago is it. We used to drive up to Chicago on weekends for pizza and a baseball game.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 19

Tony Packo’s in Toledo, Ohio has been serving authentic Hungarian food since 1932. Jamie Farr who played “Maxwell Klinger” in the TV series M*A*S*H gave Tony Packo’s Cafe worldwide fame when he often boasted and craved about Packo’s having the greatest Hungarian hot dogs. They are made from a special recipe using a flavorful Hungarian sausage and they are delicious.

At the other end of the state in Cincinnati, Ohio is home to Skyline Chili. It was founded by Nicholas Lambrinides a Greek immigrant in 1949. Skyline chili is not like your typical chili con carne. It is usually served over spaghetti with a unique appealing secret sauce that I think has a hint of cinnamon added to it. You can top it with cheese or onions. Delicious!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 19

Jersey tomatoes. There's nothing quite like them anywhere in the country. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 19

What's your favorite regional food in the U.S.?

ANY MEAL in NEW YORK city.

Go into a Pub anywhere in the city.  It is the best "pub food" in the country.

Go into a Chinese resturant in the city.  It will give you the best, chinese, you ever had.  Ditto every ethnic category, Italian, ( Mama Leone's), Greek, ( any resturant named Zorba's),  Ethiopian,  Mexican, you name it.

It is all created by people from the source country, who use the freshest ingrediants avaliable in the world.

I Love "NewYork" FOOD. 

Sincerely Glenn D Anderson

Who lives close enough to the city to appreciate the gift.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 19

@MaryW296161 Gotta admit--I'm a Chicago deep-dish pizza fan. I love NYC, but for pizza--Chicago's the yummiest.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 19

New York pizza for sure. No where else makes it as well except Italy and ours is so different from theirs. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 19
I would have to say one of my favorite regional foods are Philadelphia Steak and Cheese sandwiches. Although you can purchase them in other locations, they often taste the best from the City of Brotherly Love. A close runner up would be Maryland blue crabs!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 19

I visited New Orleans in the springtime. If you are ever in the Big Easy, be sure to try a Beignet. Yum!

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

What's your favorite regional food in the U.S.?

Message 19 of 19

Do you have a favorite dish/regional specialty that's served only/primarily in one part of the country? What is it and where would we find it?

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies