Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

AT&T

Hi All,

Has anyone else signed up for service with AT&T? I am going to include a screenshot I took of an offer for AT&T via the AARP website.

I brought my own device, and it shows the Elite Plan offered at $85, yet I just got finished on a chat session with an AT&T rep and she said the Elite plan is $95 & with the discount it is now $85. Talk about Bait and Switch! 
I have a dual SIM phone and have not cancelled service with my other carrier. If AT&T doesn't stand by their price shown for the AARP discount, then I will be cancelling their service right away.

I didn't know if anyone else had encountered this issue, but just a heads up to check your bill to make sure you are being charged correctly as well as getting the discount.

Have a good one everybody.

Screenshot_20210810-074639.jpg

0 Kudos
Contributor

I was taken in by this as well. In Dec 2021 I purchased a new phone and upgraded my wireless plan at an AT&T store, and I signed up for an AARP membership at that time to receive the discounts.

The associate at the AT&T store told me the $65 wireless Starter plan was eligible for the AARP $10 discount, that iPhone accessories got an AARP discount, and they led me to believe that the $10 discount for paperless billing and autopay would be also deducted from the $65 monthly charge. I wish I had taken a picture of the paperwork they showed me with a calculated monthly charge that turned out to be significantly less than the actual monthly bill I've since received!

I also purchased an iPhone charging cord at the same time, and did not notice until later that my receipt stated it was not eligible for a discount.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

Hi there, you can always reach out to AARP for help if you run into issues with our providers. We would be glad to help by reaching out to AT&T's Executive-level Resolution team on your behalf to thoroughly investigate and resolve your concern. Please use this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/contactsupport) to submit a web help form and include the following information:

• Description of your issue
  • Please mention that you are requesting an escalation

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

Hi Linda, here to help. As seen in your screenshot, the description for the Unlimited plan at $85 states "Price shown... after autopay and paperless discount." Typically, the autopay and paperless discounts are $5 each, which would create the $10 difference. The Unlimited Elite plan without those discounts however, is indeed $95. You can verify this by clicking "view discounts" next to the Elite plan once you get to your shopping cart on the AT&T site. I added a screenshot for visual reference. I hope this helps to clarify! ATT.png

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP