Help the victims of Hurricane Michael. Donate now and AARP Foundation will match up to $500,000 in contributions.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 51 of 247

I want to live where the women are friendly and the law leaves you alone.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 247
LogicsHere, so very sorry I will double check to see who received the PM. Was trying to reach eb65614617 who posted about the GA area we are interested in.
amcoffiebean
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 247

To amcoffiebean:  Got  your message through AARP email.  Sorry but I wouldn't even know how to find a private message and unfortunately I wasn't the person who wrote of Georgia.  I would not go that far South.  I'm a four seasons person so NC would be the furthest south I'd go to live.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 247
eb65614617, I've sent you a Private Message here in the forum after reading your comments about Hartwell GA! We are investigating a future retirement move to that area and would love to learn more about your experiences there!
amcoffiebean
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 247

I am staying in my house because it is comfortable and close to my grandkids!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 247

The answer is simple: MEXICO. My wife and I are proud to be among the estimated 1 million + US expatriates who have chosen to live in Mexico. The cost of living is significantly better and friends tell us how expensive and impossible it is to live a decent retirement in the US. Despite news reports on cartels and violence, we feel safer here than we did in the United States. The current administration's policies are mean-spirited and immigration matters handled in an inhumane way. One of our best life decisions was to retire to Mexico.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 247
Hope you like hurricanes! The USVI was devastated considerably after Irma and Maria.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 247

The Charleston area is very expensive, unless you are rich.  Traffic is horrible, and I have not found the people too welcoming.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 247
We wanted the seasons, but not too cold any more. Moved from MA. Wanted affordable home. Not nuts about heavy rains in the appropriate months,but they do, indeed, bring beautiful flowers. Wanted to be no more than a day from the ocean. We picked KY and even after almost 20 years, have never looked back, We are in SW KY, only 20 miles from the TN border and 125 miles from Nashville. Love it here. Won't ever go back.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 247

We are coming to visit Port Charlotte 

in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait to check it out

Kudos
Views