Ask Your Questions About Open Enrollment At AARP’s Webinar ‘Medicare: Your Questions Answered’ at 7 p.m. ET. Register Here

Info Seeker

Where do I ant to retire?

Message 41 of 100 (6,659 Views)

Near water -- big water.I'd love the Atlantic or the Pacific, even the Mississippi or Lake Superior or Lake Michigan.

I'd like to find a community of sartists-- I'm a writer and would love to live where there are other writers, painers, sculptors, dancers  -- for conversation, stimulation, friendship.

I live in  a nice, bland mid size city now. It's not where I was born and I have no attachment to it.I have two children,scattered,am divorced and no other family. I'd need to find a place open to new people.

I grew up in Chicago and love it, but can't afford where I'd like to live -- and if I have to move into a suburb I might as well stay where I am.

I was a hippie, am a hippie -- would love a small progressive town, near water where I could my dachshund and volunteer for Animal Rescue.

I lived through Mid West winters all my life and that wouldn't both me particulalry -- as long as I had a garage!

Info Seeker

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 42 of 100 (6,458 Views)

A very specific and detailed description of your wants/needs/desires/hopes and dreams. Impressive/intriguing/inspiring to say the least. Why only limited German? speaking. And when are you moving ? Smiley Wink

Elfie

Info Seeker

Message 43 of 100 (6,673 Views)

dreamhomenj wrote:

Colorful_garden_1.jpg

It is reported about 10,000 baby boomers retire daily.

Some of them want stay home where they are.

Some want to move to other place to enjoy their retirement.

Do you want retire and stay where you are?

Or do you want move to a community where you can make friends and share commen interests?

Rapid City South Dakota. The state doesn't tax Social Security Benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 100 (6,698 Views)

We want to live on the road in an RV roaming primarily the west, but mostly traveling around to ride our recumbent trikes on various bike trails and then to compete at various cycling events at senior games. In between we'll travel around to birdwatch. 

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Message 45 of 100 (6,538 Views)
I want to live near South Padre Island, Texas
Info Seeker

Message 46 of 100 (6,559 Views)
Do you ever wants the TV program, Border Wars? If not, I suggest you watch it before deciding to move to Mexico. It's getting extremely dangerous there with drug lords controlling the people and land.
Info Seeker

Message 47 of 100 (4,103 Views)

San Francisco is typically a lot cooler and more damp than you are used to in San Diego. There is a quaint little town kind of mid state called Los Osos or also San Luis Obispo. The weather is very nice...not too hot or cold.  Los Osos is kind of a beach town....looks like a beach town too. As you come into Los Osos off of Los Osos Valley Rd off the 101 frwy, the town you go through is San Luis Obispo. That's a very nice town and has lots of ammenities...major stores, restaurants, etc. Check it out. You might find that you like it.  My son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter live in Los Osos and that is where my husband & I plan to move this year. We are currently in the Yorba Linda area. The summers here have been getting really hot and I'm not one to like the heat. Our niece lives near Solvang, CA., which is also a very nice area. I grew up in San Diego.  It was just ok, as far as I'm concerned, but I would not even consider San Francisco as it has way too many people and it is very difficult to get around due to traffic issues. There is a lot of pedistrian traffic as well, which causes a lot of delays because if you're not waiting on vehicle traffic, you're waiting on pedistrians. Good luck on your relocation, but check out San Francisco well before you pull up roots and move there. (Just my advise)

Info Seeker

Message 48 of 100 (4,065 Views)

Hawaii. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 49 of 100 (4,054 Views)

Just got a link to this article via "Next Avenue", and thought some of you might like to browse:

The Best Big & Small Cities for Successful Aging

I appreciate that the article starts by explaining how they came up with the list.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Info Seeker

Message 50 of 100 (4,056 Views)

Hubby and I have lived in Florida for most of our lives. We are in our 60s and presently we are on five and one half acres in a two story farm house. I have mini horses, dogs, chickens and a cat. We know that we will want less to care for as we age and we have purchased a little house (actually rebuilt around a 1950s trailer, though you would never know it) and lot in a nearby small gated community. Cable, wifi, garbage pick up, and more is included, there is a rec center and pool and half of the year most of the residents leave for the north. For the time being we are 'weekenders' and enjoy taking 'mini' vacations there. It will be perfect for us as we grow older!!