Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Info Seeker +

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 11 of 218

Heber Springs(Little Red River) But, we're staying in FL due to grandchildren. Mountain Home is nice-we went there once. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 12 of 218

Where in Arkansas?  We live in Mountain Home.  

Info Seeker +

Message 13 of 218

We had hoped for Arkansas. But, we have lived in south central Florida for 12 years now and plan to stay, due to grandkids here. I am retired, but husband hopes to keep working for awhile. We don't miss the snow and cold in our home state of Illinois. We have humidity and hurricanes, though. Lots of interesting places in our country!

Conversationalist

Message 14 of 218

Wherenin SW KY? I'm from Murray, and even though it's still home, I can't see myself ever going back there to live.

Conversationalist

Message 15 of 218

There's a *huge* sales tax on just about eveddything though.  And if it snoes and/or ices, you'rd stuck.  I speak from experience.

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 218
I am considering a move to Tennessee. They have senior friendly tax laws. The weather includes 4 seasons without the heat and cold extremes.
Info Seeker

Message 17 of 218

I'm looking into Tennesee when I retire in the next 12 years. The tax laws are senior friendly. There are mountains and bodies of water, have 4 seasons without the extreme cold or heat. 

Info Seeker

Message 18 of 218

Stockton Mo 65785

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 218
the "bleep" is Arizona....not sure why it bleeped!
Info Seeker

Message 20 of 218

I want to live in a state that has low or no taxes on ss; low taxes in general and housing costs are not thru the roof.  I also want to be near a medical center.  I was thinking Florida, **bleep** or TN.  Not sure what other states fit my criteria.  I live in the CA. Bay Area now.  I just became a first time grandmother so living too far away probably won't work.  **bleep** is probably my best bet? Need to check this out.  Any suggestions anyone?