Social Butterfly

Any Retirement Aha Moments? ๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต

• Discussion was created on May 18, 2021.
  • With retirement, some of us now have time to think, explore, change and so on.
  • Any aha moments to share with us?
  • Stop by to read the comments and/or add a comment.
  • We luv hearing from you!
Social Butterfly

Stop by to read the comments and/or add a comment.
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@Bye  Continue to evolve, explore, question, experience and always maintain your sense of curiosity.  One of the most fascinating things is what makes people tick?

Social Butterfly

@Rhymesometimes wrote:

@Bye  Continue to evolve, explore, question, experience and always maintain your sense of curiosity.  One of the most fascinating things is what makes people tick?

๐Ÿ’ฅThank you @Rhymesometimes for stopping by to join our discussion ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Lots of Aha Moments out there! ๐Ÿ˜
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Your world can get very small if you do not make plans.  Also, people no longer engage you in conversation as much and you can end up feeling invisiisble.

Social Butterfly

@s804940b wrote:

Your world can get very small if you do not make plans.  Also, people no longer engage you in conversation as much and you can end up feeling invisiisble.

๐Ÿ’ฅSo true @s804940b ๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ’ฅSaturday - June 12, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Had one this week. It finally occured to me that I can keep sitting around while the dump I live in gets condemned or I can move before it does. So I am moving to Melbourne, Florida to join my darling daughter!! Going to rent a Tiny House finally.

Gold Conversationalist

@Bye I'm busier now than when I was working ( but with fun stuff )   ---  Christine

Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ’ฅMay 19, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Awesome @Rhymesometimes ๐Ÿ˜‰

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

My first aha moment came after I was laid off in 2012. I worried about finding another comparable job possibly working for a company I wouldn't like as much as the one I had just left. It was a great company to work for with great managers and coworkers. I had several more years mapped out in a spread sheet with personal days I would take off for birthdays, filling out the days off for major holidays or to coincide with my wife's Spring breaks from teaching school. I also had vacation weeks planned to keep from losing any accruals, while I kept a mind to retire after that time with several weeks on the books to give me a boost into my retirement.

I worried and lost sleep for 2 days after being reduced in force. On the second day, I realized that I was in a position to retire.

Aha!

I was laid off in May, but I claim the middle of June that year for my official retirement since that's about when my accrued vacation time, which they cashed out upon my leaving, would have run out if I had taken the time off work as regular vacation.

My second aha moment was more of a gradual realization over time. Like so many others I have heard of, I finally started to wonder how I ever found time to work for anybody else at 40-plus hours per week. My to-do list (procrastination list?) has only grown since I retired.

Even so, I consider this to be the best job I've ever had.

Aha!

Stay well and enjoy!

Lynn

Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ’ฅMay 18, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Lol @Brightpool I luv your note about your Procrastination List ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Glad things fell in place for you!!!

Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ’ฅMay 18, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

I had one yesterday. Instead of throwing my cell phone on the floor in total FRUSTRATION, I went ONLINE to read up on how to TROUBLESHOOT it. So PROUD of myself!!! Lol, use to hate YouTube, now I go to it to learn stuff. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

3eno3g.jpg

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Announcements

Try the new AARP Perks browser tool! Get timely reminders about AARP resources, discounts, and other member benefits as you browse online. Install AARP Perks now.

AARP Perks

Members Can Play More

Membership unlocks free online games and puzzles including classic Atari Games. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health