Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต 5 Pros, 4 Cons of Relocating to Florida For Retirement (AARP Article)

Esteemed Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต 5 Pros, 4 Cons of Relocating to Florida For Retirement (AARP Article)

5 Reasons to Retire in Florida โ€ฆ and 4 Reasons to Think Twice.

Come for the sunshine, low taxes and endless golf, but be prepared for hurricanes, roof rats and tourist hordes.

By Bob Niedt. Published November 28, 2023.

https://www.aarp.org/retirement/planning-for-retirement/info-2023/retiring-in-florida.html

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bronze Conversationalist

You know Nicole, endless golf would require a money tree.  Last time I golfed was in Florida, & it was over 100 (not my golf score) & it very seldom goes above 100 in Florida. 

My last visit there (2003), I decided this wasn't the same place as it was in the '70's & 80's, & no longer wished to return to.  Too crowded, it has lost it's "charm", in addition it also has become very unaffordable (or rather exploited). 

BTW, what is a roof rat?  Never heard that term.

View solution in original post

Bronze Conversationalist

You know Nicole, endless golf would require a money tree.  Last time I golfed was in Florida, & it was over 100 (not my golf score) & it very seldom goes above 100 in Florida. 

My last visit there (2003), I decided this wasn't the same place as it was in the '70's & 80's, & no longer wished to return to.  Too crowded, it has lost it's "charm", in addition it also has become very unaffordable (or rather exploited). 

BTW, what is a roof rat?  Never heard that term.

@Tempest332 Rats that make their home in your roof  ๐Ÿคฎ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@SpringIsHereSoHappy You mean in the attic area?  

You got it @Tempest332  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

PER GOOGLE

Droppings: Roof rat droppings are approximately 1/2 inch long with pointed ends. Gnaw marks: Roof rats often chew on household goods, packages of food, and wooden structures. Sounds: Rats often make clawing or screeching sounds at night, particularly in the attic or walls.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Seen this in attics (& basements)... mice. & they "nest".   

And @Tempest332  have about a "billion" babies EACH year  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Never seen that, I think they eat their young. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP