Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers

Message 21 of 70
Yes, agree, and one other thing people might like to know. they are limiting how many replies get posted so it appears that not a lot of interest....thats a lie. Everyone I talk to that has insurance through UHC/AARP, is unhappy about the loss of Silver Sneakers benefit, but word isn't getting out though this medium. You need to go to facebook and instragram and post there for people to here.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 70
Agree 100%.....Bring Back Silver Sneakers.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 70
  1. 100% agree!!!!  Bring back Silver Sneakers or find another insurer who will!!!!!  Just to note, they are making this website hard to use so not as many responses will get through, shame on AARP and on UHC both.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 70
AGREE!!! The new wellness program called HealthYourWay only pays one half of the enrollment fee and is not usable when traveling. A big loss and I also intend to look for other coverage in October 2019
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 70
AGREE!!!! BRING SILVER SNEAKERS BACK!!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 70

The new plan is called HealthYourWay and it only pays for one half the cost of enrollment and not user friendly at centers when traveling.  The loss of Silver Sneakers is a big loss at the same time they  raised the monthly cost.    I intend to look for other coverage in October, suggest you do the same and let your friends know about the Silver Sneakers loss.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 70

The new wellness plan with United Health Care (AARP)  .....sucks!!! They call it HealthYourWay, but it only pays for half the cost of enrollment and isn't accepted everywhere when traveling like Silver Sneakers.    A real loss...

I have the most expensive plan they have and they are taking away benfilts....Silver Sneakers is a good wellness benefit and I definitely will look at other plans in October before I renew with UHC and AARP.  Please post to facebook, instragram and other social networks so others will know about this loss of benefits.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 70

So this is the response of AARP & United Healthcare....

AARP Medicare Advantage plans insured by United Healthcare will be offered the program called Renew Active, formerly Optum Fitness Advantage.

AARP Medicare Supplemental (Medigap) plans insured by United Healthcare are offered the program called Health Your Way.

If AARP was really looking out for us they would have told United Healthcare the removal of silver sneakers was a deal breaker for recommendation but NO AARP did nothing in my view. If you also look at the Rx rteceommendation through Optum Rx you will find similiar tactics in the drug coverages.....I have complained to AARP and it looks like the only resolution is to change at open enrollment.....shame on me for not doing a better due diligence on these underhanded tactics but I mistakenly thought AARP had my back. WRONG AGAIN.....

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 70

@AARPTeri wrote:

@le731  We have posted the information you are looking for here:  https://community.aarp.org/t5/Health/What-is-happening-with-the-AARP-Medicare-Plan-and-Silver/ta-p/2...

AARPTeri,

While that is a good informative response from this membership organization, I believe they should go one step further and explain that the benefit which will be offered from UHC will be determined by what type of AARP Branded Medicare plan from UHC which they have.

AARP Medicare Advantage plans insured by United Healthcare will be offered the program called Renew Active, formerly Optum Fitness Advantage.

AARP Medicare Supplemental (Medigap) plans insured by United Healthcare are offered the program called Health Your Way.

Sometimes beneficiaries aren't given this detail and it is confusing to them when they try to get information - their plan makes the difference in how the UHC rep describes their optional health and wellness benefit.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 70

@le731  We have posted the information you are looking for here:  https://community.aarp.org/t5/Health/What-is-happening-with-the-AARP-Medicare-Plan-and-Silver/ta-p/2...

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.

Top Authors