From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Optum RX - STAY AWAY

Message 1 of 59

Seriously? In my opinion the only way Optumrx can help is to close up shop and let us deal with honest pharmacies like CVS and Express. You are the worst 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 59

The WORST pharmacy ever. Refused to refill a prescription and flat out lied to me about trying to contact me and the doctor. I’ve had nothing but trouble with them since my first encounter. Horrible horrible company. Someone should investigate them. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 59

My doctor prescribed a medication which was very pricey and I was able to use Optum Rx to find an alternate more affordable medication. I am sure it helped that   my Optum Rx profile is set not to autofill any prescription  but to wait for me to make an order.  I was able to take the information I got from Oprum Rx back to my doctor and got him to change my prescription to the cheaper medicaiton.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 59
same thing happened to me.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 59

I am totally fed up with this company. Will be changing Part D in October. Have had this company for 3 years. They have screwed up more scripts than I can count. I have spent endless hours with them and United healthcare. They are all the same outfit. STAY AWAY is correct. They have billed my card when not approved to. Caused overdrafts in my bank. Sent drugs when not ordered. Now there is a disputed charge and they said they would remove but will not. Bad outfil all around. AARP should be better at helping us sort this out. Get a new company. Things really went downhill more with Optima in the past 6 months. So something has changed there..Whether foreign drugs or mismanagement.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 59

as was reported in the news, a lot of generics are coming in from China and some from India. The FDA is not monitoring the situation enough. Generics have skyrocketed in price, and they are often inferior if coming from foreign countries. I also have noticed that my pharmacy has gone to a new supplier of generics, and I feel like my blood pressure medicine has stopped working also. The problem is no one tells us which generic is coming from where? We are forced to buy generics when the brand name is more effective. the FTC needs to investicate. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 59

Has anyone had a problem with receiving a bad batch of drugs? I switched to Optum after joining United Healthcare a year ago, to save money. I receive two drugs from them, one a name brand which I haven't had any issues with. The other is atenolol/chlorthalidone, a generic med which I've taken for years and had no problem with (combination blood pressure and diuretic med).  At the same time as my last refill of atenolol, I noticed that it had basically stopped working....my blood pressure shot up and my feet started swelling badly. I went to my doctor and got a different prescription for both ailments, filled them locally, and they cured the problems immediately. This has me really wondering, since it's quite a coincidence that both drugs so immediately stopped working just as I switched to this new refill. Hopefully a coincidence is all it is, but being a generic and very likely coming from some third-world country, I'm really wondering if I got a refill of either expired meds or not what they were advertised to be.........  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 59

Fully agree -- the service has deteriorated sharply.   Instead of fulfilling my recent oprder, AOPTUM RX cancelled the entire prescription!

Back to your neighborhood pharmacy!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 59

I do NOT think AARP cares.

1. Look at Wikipedia, AARP undercut having a better universal healthcare for citizens. I don't believe in a single payer system for many reasons (1st of all the other options FUND Medicare's shortfalls).

2. They are a marketing company. Even with their Tax-aide program, they are now collecting more and more data FROM YOU. 

BEWARE OF AARP. I am not a member anymore.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 59
Totally agree with all! This company is horribly inefficient. Something needs to be done.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors