From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Is AARP United Healthcare Medicare supplimental insurance as bad as the customer reviews say??

Message 81 of 113

@Hassiman wrote:

Hi,
AARP's Medicare Supplemental Medicare Insurance sounds great... but I decided that before I purchase it I should read the reviews.

I was astounded! Consumer affairs reviews were the worst I have EVER seen for any product or service from any company.

This topic gets a lot of hits. Please note that the question was first asked two years ago and then a few comments were made in 2016 and about a dozen have been made since mid March 2017. Take all of them with that timing in mind as well as keep in mind that the private Medicare supplement insurance discussed here -- from AARP or anyone else -- varies from state to state in price, discount structures and what it may or may not cover. It even varies in terms if all 'Plans' -- A, C, F, G, and so forth -- are available. Some states do not even have 'Plans' that use the lettering system.  In some states there is continuous, open enrollment but in some states that is not true. You need to look only at the plans available in your states to do a comparison.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Is AARP United Healthcare Medicare supplimental insurance as bad as the customer reviews say??

Message 82 of 113

I've only been on Medicare a year and a half and have the AARP Plan F. I'm happy. I see the doc every three months, have various blood tests, and have yet to pay for anything out-of-pocket except for meds. 

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 113

I have had AARP/UHC Supplemental Plan F for 11 years since I retired.   I continue to be very happy with my plan.  The premiums do increase each year, but the increases are comparable to other companies and the customer service I receive is a blessing.   I recommended the same policy to my sister who retired a couple of years after I did, and she is also very happy with the plan.    I will continue to recommend this plan, and I intend to keep it for the rest of my days.  Thank you United Health Care!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 113

You've commented 5 times in one day and 4 more times in March... calm down! You're flooding other commenters inbox. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 113
Did you figure in that after age 75 the price increases drop in HALF?
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 113
The federal government says they all must cover the same things BUT it does NOT say that they can't increase their premiums through the roof once you are enrolled. Almost all other carriers increase your premium every year you get older FOREVER. AARP only increases premiums on every person of every age in over 100+ zip codes. So you can get to be 90 and pay the same as the 70 year old down the street in your area.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 113
AARP plans are NOT the most expensive. I ran a cost comparison for Plan F with all the carriers in my area. Only 3 were less expensive and they offered far fewer benefits and much HIGHER rate increases in the coming years when the AARP plans were lowering their rate increases in the coming years.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 113
Plan F is going away ONLY for those that are new enrollees after 2020. If you have Plan F now, or are eligible for it now, you can have it and keep it FOREVER. IT WILL NOT BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU!!!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 113

Sorry, but a Medicare Supplement does NOT work that way.  Medicare pays first and if Medicare pays then, by law, the Supplement does have to pay...depending on what Plan level you have.  We have Full coverage Plan F.  In the last 8 years, we have had easily $600,000 in claims and NEVER have had a single instance of a claim paying problem.  Not sure what Plan you have or if you have an ADVANTAGE plan instead of a SUPPLEMENT, but I guarantee, Plan F is a Godsend. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 113

Yes, it is. They gladly collect a premium and delay paying even a one-night stay claim.They'll ask for multiple examples of itemized bills and never pay. Avoid it-it's a waste of money and only will aggrivate you.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season