Trusted Contributor

Just wanted to share...how is your weather where you are?

Here in Augusta, Ga. today, the temp is 74, sun shining with little breeze and it's absolutely GORGEOUS!!! People wearing short sleeves and shorts.  I have a couple of my windows open!

It is January 19th, right???  Unfortunately, it goes back to the 50's tomorrow! 

Loving it!  So, how is your weather?

Rebecca

Rebecca
Kudos
Views
Replies
Social Butterfly

More foul weather and I'm not talking about our feather friends..Rain/Snow/ a real mixed bag depending on where you live...But it is January and Winter so all kinds of weather prevails..

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Goodness, you must be north of the Mason Dixon line.  We had a rainy and cold weekend but today it's sunny and in the 50's. Winters in the South are different from other parts of the country.  Enjoy your day!

Rebecca
Bronze Conversationalist

lol. yes,I'm VERY north of the line. Its a different world here for sure. Hope your day is a great one.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

What is going on?  Why are my responses going to you?  I'm confused.  

Rebecca
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I don't think they are. I was cruising the site and saw his response to your post. It was where it was supposed to be. In hind site I probably shouldn't have responded,just maybe should have gone to the site and checked it out. I just wanted to thank him for the info. I'm sorry for this.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

If you would like to correspond maybe send through private messaging. This has become a zoo.

Rebecca
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

It's cold this morning. You can always check my Weather Station.

Personal Weather Station Dashboard | Weather Underground (wunderground.com)

Trusted Contributor

Not sure how to take your response. Are you being sarcastic?

Rebecca
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Oh no not at all. I wouldn't disrespect you that way. Not sure what I said to indicate that but I'm sorry. I truly do believe in the rainbow bridge and that I'll see everyone again. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was making fun.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I'm confused...did you send the message about checking a weather station?  That's what I was I was responding to.  I've never heard of the rainbow bridge but I do believe in the bright light.

Rebecca
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@besslewis 

I have the weather station and just added it if someone should want to look at it. It provides a link for FORECAST FOR KILLEEN, TX

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your response.

Rebecca
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Oh yes I did. Someone responded to your thread and I thought it was interesting and told him that I'd check it out. I'm truly sorry,I can see why you"d be confused. The rainbow bridge is where all of out past fur babies wait for us. Its a tranquil place,green grass and warm. They wait,young again,no aches or pains,for our arrival. They come to us once again,greet us and accompany us home. I just know in my heart that my guys are waiting for me there. I now it sounds silly but it's what I believe.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you so much. I'll look into it. 😊

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Blizzard conditions here. Looking at 3 storms in the next 6 days lol. I'm envious.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Wow!  Goodness, makes me shiver thinking about it! LOL!  Hope it's not too bad! Are those called Nor'easters?  I'm not familiar with that part of the country, even though I would love to see it, do you have water on two sides of the state?  I watch a show called Weekend with Yankee and they basically film in the New England states.  The colors in the fall shows will take your breath away!  I hope the storms aren't too bad.

Be safe and careful! 

Rebecca
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

There is ocean on the entire southern border of the state, New Hampshire basically west. This storm isnt a nor easter but still a decent storm. Nor'easters happen when the center of a storm sits south east of the state out in the ocean and spins counter clockwise causing the wind to come from the northeast while the storm slowly moves to the east.. Usually alot of snow and high winds with those. Those are great days to stay in by the fire. I've seen that show you mentioned..

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the explanation...sounds very severe and serious!  Yep, a good day to stay in!

Rebecca
Bronze Conversationalist

You are welcome. Its actually over now. Just got the snowblower out and cleaned the yard up. This one wasn't too bad,we ll see what the next one brings. Maine is so beautiful the other 3 seasons but we get used to this.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I'm glad the storm wasn't too bad.  You are using the snowblower and we are still using the rake.  Out weather has been so warm this season the leaves are still falling!  From all that I've seen it is very beautiful there.  It seems that most men there are fishermen.  That has to be a hard life!

Rebecca
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

No it wasn't bad at all. We didn't have any appreciable snow until after new years here,very unusual. I understand that fishing is a very hard way to make a living. I know a couple of lobster fisherman and I wouldn't want to do it. I'm  retired retail business owner myself. I go fishing for fun but thats totally different. Those guys WORK!!!! lol. Hope your great weather continues.. 😎

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

My family loved the outdoors so I learned to fish at an early age...still love it!  We fish for crappie and bass.  I've seen shows about those fisherman and just dealing with the elements is crazy!  My parents had a mom and pop grocery store so I know owning your own business isn't easy either.  Somehow they managed family time and business time.  Great memories!

Rebecca
Bronze Conversationalist

Bass and crappie here too as well as salmon and trout. I have the most wonderful memories of fishing with my grandfather when I was little. Sounds like you had a great child hood. A great way to grow up. Hope your day is awesome. It was 3 degrees here when I got up this morning lol. Nippy.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

3 degrees?!? Nippy?!? That's down-right cold!!! Goodness, I don't ever remember it being that cold here.  10 degrees yes, 3 no! Do you actually go out in those temps?  Like to work, school, shopping?  Goodness!  I wouldn't trade my parents or childhood with anyone!  They are both gone but with my memories they are still with me.  My daughters love to hear my stories about when I was young.  My heart goes out to the children growing up today.  They definitely don't have guidance or atmosphere they need.  I pray for them.  By the way, it's 47 degrees here...that's nippy!  LOL!

Rebecca
Bronze Conversationalist

Lol.I'd take 47 anytime from now till April. I wouldn't want to be a kid today knowing what I know and remember. I know one day that I'll taste one of grams biscuits again. Just the best. Bracing for another storm tonight and tomorrow. My hope is that beautiful mother nature gets these tantrums out of her system all at once and we get an early spring. Hope your day is going well.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

LOL!  47 to us is like 3 to you.  Hopefully, the storms are calm and move through quickly.  You will see your Gram again and eat her biscuits.  I'll know I'll see my parents again and give them a hug.  I had a nice day, hope you did too.  I am the type of person that always has to be doing something, so I'm either drawing, painting, working sudoku variation puzzles or jigsaw puzzles.  The one I'm putting together now is a doozy!  Hopefully, I'll have a least one hair left when I'm finished.  Geez.

Rebecca
Bronze Conversationalist

Good morning. I'm sure you have a few hairs left,something tells me that you' ll knock it out of the park. Sorry I took so long responding, I crashed early last night in my chair. I know I'll see them all again,gram,gramps,and all my many furr babies when I stop at the rainbow bridge. Somehow just knowing I will gives me an inner peace,cant explain it but its there and that's all that counts. Snowing like crazy here (again) I have a dental appointment today but I doubt if they'll even be there but that's ok,not nuts about going anyway. Please enjoy your day and don't let that puzzle win. I know you can do it.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Good luck with your dental appointment. I don't envy you a bit!  Yuck!  I have a few furr babies I want to hug again too.  I don't have much going on today so all will be quiet, well except for my two dogs!  I like to put together the Americana puzzles and they have a lot going on, also a lot of colors.  But, the challenge is what it's all about.  Right?  Enjoy your day!

Rebecca
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Rebecca, down in Georgia!

It's about 34 degrees & it's raining here in Massachusetts. It started turning into hail on a walk with my sons tonight! It's been on & off like that all day, here. Tomorrow there may be snow, but likely just that mix of rain & snow! I actually wouldn't mind one or the other, rain or snow, but not the slush!

Sounds different from your home, doesn't it! 😀

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP