Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Super Contributor

Interactive Word Games

Hello,  I'm new here and jumping right in because I'm so excited about finding a community of people online over the age of 30 for freaking sake.  I'm involved in another forum, which I do enjoy as it is centered around a shared interest, but there are literally about four, four people in my age group.  (I'm 57)

Anyway, on that forum we play some interactive word games that are easy and fun, "keep-you-involved" icebreakers.

One of them is to state in one word how you are feeling that particular day - what kind of day you're having.  Like, I might say, "unmoored," or whatever, etc. and others respond with their own single words.

Or, there is a similar game wherein a person uses a meme or image to describe their feelings that day.

Also, there is the one everybody knows that starts with one word and each person adds a word at a time, creating a story.

And, there are the synonym / antonym games, which are pretty self-explantory.  There can be two; each using only synonyms or antonyms or a single which goes back and forth (which I think is a little more fun, personally.)

Lastly, there's the "First word to pop into your head game."  Write a word, the next person writes the frist word that comes to mind, etc.

I know they're silly games, but they are also fun, easy and keep people connected.

So... anyone up for this?

I haven't figured this site out well yet, but if I can, I'll try to start a game below and see what happens.  If I can't and someone else wants and knows how to do that, have at it.  🙂

People will stop asking you questions if you answer back in interpretive dance. - Meme
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171  If you enjoy games, AARP has an on-line trivia game Thursday night that my husband and I just recently started participating in, and are really enjoying it.  Check out AARP's virtually community board for more info on activities.

View solution in original post

Super Contributor

Confusion

Understanding

People will stop asking you questions if you answer back in interpretive dance. - Meme
Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171  Understanding

Ignorance 

Super Contributor

Ignorance

Apple

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171  Apple

Orange

Super Contributor

Orange

Blue

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171    Blue

Sunshine Yellow

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@Rhymesometimes Sunshine Yellow

Lemons

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Conflict

Resolution

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171   Resolution

confusion

Super Contributor

Okay, so I'll start with the synonymn / antonym version:

Dream

Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171  Never played this, but I'm game ( pun intended ) I would respond with imagination.

Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171  If you enjoy games, AARP has an on-line trivia game Thursday night that my husband and I just recently started participating in, and are really enjoying it.  Check out AARP's virtually community board for more info on activities.

Super Contributor

Nightmare

Peace

Social Butterfly

Peace

Conflict

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP