Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Eat Well and Cut Calories--is That Possible?

Community Concierge

Eat Well and Cut Calories--is That Possible?

Even small changes to the foods you eat can add up to help you meet your weight-loss goals. Here are five tasty, nutritional swaps that will cut hundreds of calories from your diet per meal, without leaving you hungry for more food. Visit AARP® Staying Sharp® for more brain health information.

Contributor

I found a FREE program called Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - FA - I have lost over 90 pounds and have never been healthier or happier...

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I love plain Greek yogurt mixed with fresh or frozen blueberries.  Loaded with protein and antioxidants!  And no added sugar.  I also eat old fashioned oats sweetened with mashed banana, some peanut butter and cinnamon-yum!  Again no added sugar-more healthy than instant flavored oatmeal.  

Community Manager
Community Manager

Mmm those oats sound delicious! I like to add a dollop of peanut butter to my greek yogurt with fruit as well.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Mark Bittman, of VB6 book fame, is definitely on to something! Have used this way of eating for 2 years and never feel deprived. It allows for occasional splurges. Eat vegan meals twice a day and one meal your choice. Eventually one finds they eat less meat (I rarely eat red meat for many reasons). I do eat seafood and this diet just makes you feel better. Have lost 25-30 lbs over last 2 years, weight staying within 5lbs flucuation. No diets, just change how you eat.

Social Butterfly

I switched from Snickers to Almond Joy, which is healthier due to the nuts and coconut.  I’m not sure about any difference in calories though.  The Almond Joy has more natural ingredients.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@2Papa always making me laugh over here! I do love an almond joy...but I prefer mounds!

In all seriousness, I've embraced avocado toast (like the true millennial I am 😁). While I still love a piece of toast with just butter, I save that for rare/special occasions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP