Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Do You Have Total Recall (no, not the movie!)

Community Concierge

Do You Have Total Recall (no, not the movie!)

When I was in school, I used mnemonics to help me study for tests. What I did intuitively was to use this technique to memorize facts. I didn't realize that what I was doing was an age-old tool to help my brain retain information. Check out this article for more tips on exercising your memory muscles. Visit AARP® Staying Sharp® for more brain health information.

Periodic Contributor

Hmmmmm.........

I can't recall

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krdlineone wrote:

Hmmmmm.........

I can't recall

💥Lol @krdlineone 🤣😂💥

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I have closer to no recall!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@2Papa wrote:

I have closer to no recall!

💥Lol @2Papa 😂🤣💥

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I hear you. My doctor says I suffer from "CRS"....Can't Remember S**t (or Stuff).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EdS945414 wrote:

I hear you. My doctor says I suffer from "CRS"....Can't Remember S**t (or Stuff).

💥Lol @EdS945414 I call those my Senior Moments 😂😂💥

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Maggie, Just finished "Moonwalking with Einstein" really good read.  The history of memory, and current mnemonic  tips and tricks were fascinating!

Periodic Contributor

Excellent. As Joe Thiesman said, you don't have to be Norman Einstein to play football!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPMaggie  Thank you for the tips.  Just requested the book Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything by Joshua Foer from my public library.  Look forward to getting that.  Sounds like a great read.   ---  Christine

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP