Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ“‹ What Ways Do You Remember/Honor A Loved One?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“‹ What Ways Do You Remember/Honor A Loved One?

โ–ถ๏ธโ€ŒTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

***READ comments, ADD comment.***

WE would luv to hear from YOU!

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Honored Social Butterfly

I continue to honor John thru music. I play the songs that meant so much to us and remind me of him. This is a painful thing to do but important for me to do. And we all eat a peanut butter tasty cake on his death anniversary. Lol they were his favorite ๐Ÿ’œ

Conversationalist

I, too, have begun to listen to the music my husband & I danced to.  The memories make me sad and happy.   I laugh at some of the silly words in the songs that we loved so much.  We grew up together in a small town and dances at the school gym happened every weekend which we loved.  Good memories.

Regular Social Butterfly

Cadee, thank you for this sweet post! Always remember these moments...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

***READ comments, ADD comment.***

WE would luv to hear from YOU!

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Well I do remember John everyday. Itโ€™s hard not to.

The biggest way I honor him is thru music. I dedicate favs of his on the radio for those important anniversaries.I even played a couple of his favorite songs at his funeral. A friend of mine took pillows 

and covered them with his flannel shirts and embroidered his name on there. I gave them to my sons and grandkids. I also made a picture for all of them after finding pics of them with him when they were little. Bought personalized frames. That was for the first Christmas. I always send a poem on his birthday and the anniversary of his death to my kids. I also gave all of them a small urn of his ashes to keep. His spirit is alive in them and I want to keep that going ๐Ÿ˜ข

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) We all have causes that are important to us, and choosing to donate to a charity in someone's name is a great way to honor their memory.

Conversationalist

I have done this.  I donated to animal rescue charities in honor and memory of my husband as he loved animals dearly.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP