Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Esteemed Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Isn't retirement wonderful.  I left my job in 2003 after my husband had his stroke.  At first I struggled with all the time I had on my hands, but as the years passed I became so busy and settled into no longer working.

I have been busy catching up with my vaccines.  During the time my husband was in Hospice (8 Months) I did get my COVID and FLU vaccines but let all the others slide bye.  I felt if I got a shot and it made me ill, I could not take care of my husband so I didn't get them.  Medicare reminded me of the vaccines I needed so I went to get my PREVNAR 20 pneumonia shot.  One down, and three other vaccines to go.  Most caregivers fail to take care of themselves and that is something we MUST do.

Today I am attending my neighbor's REVEAL PARTY.  Excited that her daughter is expecting.  Have a GREAT SUNDAY and BE KIND TO YOURSELF.

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole, how are you doing? I love your gifs. They're so adorable. Thank you for posting them and cheering us all up! You have a gift for helping the grieving Nicole. You're very valuable to the site and the people here. It is a consistency when people's lives have been turned upside down. I had a longtime friend who always talked about her future. She said we always have a future. No matter where we are on our journey. I think the heat index is getting us all down a bit. Grateful for A/C. Just putting one foot in front of the other these days. Backsliding is fine. Lol. Know that you are important to all of us Nicole. All on the site are important. Hope everyone finds peace and rest in their day and hope and happiness in the future!

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Regular Contributor

we really did not chat? 

0 Kudos

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Trusted Contributor

I am here and really appreciate the love and prayers. I was in the basement yesterday, and found some of my husband's paperwork that I had to go through and get rid of. I got so angry that I picked up a rubber mallet and started destroying a nightstand that I want to get rid of anyway. I thought the anger would help make me feel better but it hasn't yet because, I know the grief really hasn't set in yet and I know that anger is part of the grief process but I am just trying one day at a time. Love you my friend and I appreciate that you say that every time you leave a message. It inspires me to know that already people love me and are supporting me.

Regular Contributor

I understand. Itโ€™s been a while for me and Iโ€™m still not ok.

Silver Conversationalist

I get it Michele @MicheleT465485 . I'm glad you stopped by.

Marcy

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

There are plenty of people who care Nicole. Yes there are times when we get busy and maybe we don't write or call but you are in our thoughts.Thinking of you today and dropping a reply too! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜Š

Honored Social Butterfly

Never too busy for you my friend. Just fitting the other stuff in around the 

forum. You are very special and

hold us all together! Never forget that!

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Regular Contributor

How can you go to bed at 7:15pm ? 

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

๐Ÿ˜‚

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

No...not going to Walmart on a Friday! It is the worst day to go anywhere around here! I hope you made it there and back unscathed.๐Ÿคž

Marcy

Regular Contributor

you are blessed with sleep!! 

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Regular Contributor

Too many in this world are too busy to care. 
and so many are hurting and lonely  
Being as widow makes it worse. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi all, just got back from a trip with my sister and her husband. We traveled to see and take care of our parents summer cabins. No one had been there in 4 years.  She was grieving the loss of our Mom (12/16/2021 - which is my birthday) and I grieving the loss of both her and my wife this year.  It was tough to be there and us as sister and brother shared grief.  Right after we got there, we walked around and saw the remnants of our mom's garden etc.  We hugged close and cried for our losses.  We will move forward and each trip will be less sad and more memorable.  It showed me that sharing grief takes time and has many opportunities. 

Back home now, Bill

Silver Conversationalist

I thought having my Mom pass away the day after my birthday was a challenge, but losing your Mom on your birthday is worse. I'm sorry that you have those conflicting milestones on the same day.

You have definitely had a tough year! I'm glad you, your sister, and brother-in-law made the trip to your parents summer cabins. Although it was sad, it is good that you could be there to share the burden of grief and support one another. Your outlook is helping you on the journey as you recognize and avail your self of opportunities and move toward a time when treasured memories outweigh the sadness.

Marcy

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @SummerIsTooHOT  Nicole

God, grant me the serenity.JPG

Thought you would enjoy this light-hearted KITTEH version!!

Take care! โ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ›ถ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ ๐Ÿ โ›ต

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Gold Conversationalist

ok.JPG

Denise allows a FEW visits! LOL!

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I donโ€™t even know you. Why give out more information?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP