Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ“‹ 7 Lessons for My Younger Self (AARP Article)

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“‹ 7 Lessons for My Younger Self (AARP Article)

WHAT ARE YOUR LESSONS FOR YOUR YOUNGER SELF?  ๐Ÿค—  LOL, I HAVE LOTS BUT A DECISION I WOULD NOT REPEAT NOW WOULD BE TO MARRY MY EX = AGE 21 & NAIVE!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Hard-won wisdom I wish I had gained in my 20s.

By Lisa Beach. Published March 07, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/home-family/friends-family/info-2024/younger-self-life-lessons.html

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

What lessons do YOU have for YOUR "younger" self?  ๐Ÿค”

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@SpringIsHereSoHappy 

@SpringIsHereSoHappy wrote:
WHAT ARE YOUR LESSONS FOR YOUR YOUNGER SELF?  ๐Ÿค—  LOL, I HAVE LOTS BUT A DECISION I WOULD NOT REPEAT NOW WOULD BE TO MARRY MY EX = AGE 21 & NAIVE!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Hard-won wisdom I wish I had gained in my 20s.

By Lisa Beach. Published March 07, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/home-family/friends-family/info-2024/younger-self-life-lessons.html

Then you wouldn't have your kids or grandkids.... you may be alone.  How sad. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/8/24) @Tempest332 , lol - my daughter is NOT from my ex. I divorced him before we were married a year.  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[*** TEMPEST WROTE: Then you wouldn't have your kids or grandkids.... you may be alone. How sad. ***]

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I'm not going to get into your personal choices, though at least you were fortunate enough to "stop someone's world from revolving", for at least a short time.  

Trusted Social Butterfly

(Friday 3/8/24) @Tempest332 , not sure I "understand" your comment but do appreciate you taking time out of your day to respond. Some women and men "choose" to STAY IN bad marriages. I didnot and PROUD of this. Words can NEVER describe the h.ll I lived in and so GLAD I GREW UP and didnot REPEAT that h.ll.  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[*** @Tempest332 wrote:

I'm not going to get into your personal choices, though at least you were fortunate enough to "stop someone's world from revolving", for at least a short time.  ***]

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

... Just saying, maybe I was smart enough to avoid that hell, in my early 20's apparently I was Tyrone Shulace.  LOL  I'd have much to tell my younger self, not going to matter at this point.  I should wait till I'm 70, I'd be a rare commodity by then if I'm still around. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/9/24) Well @Tempest332 , AGE in my "humble" opinion will SAVE us from SOME "lessons" but NOT all. Lol, I still dated the WRONG guys AFTER my "divorce" and that LESSON finally got finished in my OLD AGE. As the saying goes, nothing like an old fool...  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[*** @Tempest332 wrote:

... Just saying, maybe I was smart enough to avoid that hell, in my early 20's apparently I was Tyrone Shulace.  LOL ***]

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Sometimes a toxic relationship is better than no relationship at all. 

I thought the saying was "there is no fool like an old fool". ๐Ÿค”

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/11/24) Nope @Tempest332 , not for me and YES, you are "correct" - thanks for the correction!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[*** @Tempest332 wrote:

Sometimes a toxic relationship is better than no relationship at all. 

I thought the saying was "there is no fool like an old fool". ๐Ÿค” ***]

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP