Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

inaccurate entry total on sweepstakes

Trusted Contributor

inaccurate entry total on sweepstakes

Since the amount of entries in sweepstakes was upgraded 3 days ago, I have executed orders for 5 entries each day in 3 sweepstakes.  The points have been deducted, but on days 2 and 3, in bringing up the webpage to place orders, it says I have 0 entries.  If that's a cosmetic issue, that's fine.  If the system is deducting points, but no actually filling entry orders, we have a problem.

Hope an explanation is forthcoming soon, because throwing bad points in the air to evaporate is not inducing happiness.

Trusted Contributor

I have the same problem.  I have been entering all available sweepstakes for weeks and each day the individual sweepstakes say I have zero entries even though I have put in the maximum number of entries (5-10) for each sweepstakes for many days.  Points have consistently been deducted from my account.  Is there a concierge out there who can take this problem to a higher power.  I haven't had much luck when I call about problems with the Rewards website.  One answer I have gotten several times is to call Apple support.  It costs $19 to call Apple support unless you have some kind of a paid tech support plan.  So frustrating!

Mary Ann Hoffman
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ph8624  We will pass this onto the Rewards team. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

It has been 11 days since you reported this to the Rewards team and the problem is the same.
Mary Ann Hoffman
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ph8624 The Rewards team is aware of the issue and working to resolve. You can check your transaction history for confirmation that your redemption has been completed. Thanks for your patience in the meantime 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPLaurenA 

There is a continuous issue of getting the "oops, something went wrong" message after submitting entries to the sweepstakes.   Points are deducted, so we are unable to "retry" to resubmit the entries.   Even though points are deducted when there was an error, there is no accountability if we have entered into the sweepstakes.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you again for reporting this to the Rewards team 8 days ago.  As of today the problem persists.  I have spent over 40,000 of my rewards points on various current sweepstakes that are offered.  My transaction history shows my account has been debited for the sweepstakes entries but everyday every sweepstakes says I have zero entries.  Often but not always right after I have entered a sweepstakes I get an error message saying "Oops an error occurred".   My account has always been debited the correct number of rewards points according to my transaction history. 

Mary Ann Hoffman
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank You

Mary Ann Hoffman
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi Mary Ann,

This is not an Apple problem as I am running Windows on an HP laptop and experience the same thing. I believe this is a Rewards software problem. I and others have mentioned it in prior posts but the problem still exists. Like you I find it frustrating and feel like I have no entries in the sweeps though points are being deducted from my account.

Maybe the powers that be will listen to us now that more people have mentioned it.

Take care and stay safe.

Gold Conversationalist

@kb1248    Same with me.  I've invested several thousand points the last few days.  But when it came up ZERO on all of them, I passed today.   Especially since I can't earn points apparently today, either.  Hopefully it is just a glitch as the points were definitely subtracted.   

Bronze Conversationalist

My entries showed up on the Transaction History after I looked at Points Expiration and then at just Redemptions.

I hope the entire system is truly keeping accurate scores, despite the lack of information showing.

Stay well and enjoy!

-Lynn

Gold Conversationalist

@Brightpool   Where do you find the expiration date of points?   

I went back and can't find those sweepstakes in my history....grrrr.   At the time the deduction showed on the black banner and the points were subtracted.   

So much for sweepstakes but I guess I was going to lose points eventually anyway.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

This has been going on since they deployed the 'new' system last fall. I was hoping it was only in the 'beta' version but it just persists. Like you, I'd like to see how many entries I have in a sweeps and would like to feel like my prior entries are just being ignored while the points deducted from my total points.

Thank you for bringing this to the powers that be's attention again.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP