Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Watch these one-minute videos, earn double points

Conversationalist

Watch these one-minute videos, earn double points

https://stayingsharp.aarp.org/recipes/grilled-corn-salad/

https://stayingsharp.aarp.org/recipes/blackened-salmon-vegetables/

I was previously unaware of ANY videos or quizzes that offered double points. I discovered the first video yesterday, and the second one just a few minutes ago. Not sure if this is a special one-time deal, or if they can be re-watched next week (or next month) for another 600 points each. Also not sure if this is a Members-Only feature... if it isn't, it should be!

Anybody aware of other points-earning offers similar to this? If so, please chime in here!

Silver Conversationalist

@garyfish49 

Hello my friend Gary. Top of the morning to you 🌅 🌞

Just an observation I thought I would pass on to whomever - or is it whoever ?? 🤣
Just goes to show how my mind works
I certainly do appreciate you and Allen's thoughtful assistance and consideration in regards to the 4  double point video's that were so cleverly hidden
Long story short
Two  of these video's were more than 3 minutes long.
By my calculations I could have easily watched 3 maybe even 4 of the
daily, weekly or monthly videos in that amount of time, for a lot more points,
say somewhere around (900 to 1200pts for each video X 2 video's = 1800 to 2400pts)
I guess someone in admin thought they were doing us seniors a good deed, or trying to curb some of the negativity surrounding this rewards program,
but if they really wanted to help us, then increase our monthly redemptions from a measly 3 per month to 5  OR bring back the higher value points only gift cards.
Oh, BTW It does seem to be only a one time redemption on these video's.

Got that little check mark badge when I tried again. check mark 01.jpg No surprise there !!!!

SO SAY WE ALL

lucyp061351
Gold Conversationalist

Hi my friend @garyfish49

I just posted a new topic....I gave you the credit for my researching & finding more info that will be able to help others get more points!

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Earn-Activities/Double-AARP-Rewards-Points-LIMITED-TIME-OFFER/m-p/2507...

You’ll see I also posted the direct link to your topic post for others to read

Anyway... Take care!  ☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Conversationalist

It's all good. Thanks, Allen!

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks, @garyfish49 .  There are 2 other videos giving the double 600 points, and the link  appears after completion of the videos you listed.  They are "Your Brain on Laughter" and "Your Brain on Love".

Super Contributor

@garyfish49 

Hi gary, no luck on the double points for me. Got the usual response from admin. 😫 😫

Sorry, no points this time.

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties in processing your request. Please retry in a few minutes. Thank you for your patience. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Yeah, these are not 'hidden' -  more like 'undiscovered' by most.

Click here --->  Staying Sharp | Home (aarp.org)     <---- ( Members Only ) - this is actually an Earn  'free 15 points' if you are on desktop - normal part of the AARP Earn catalog; but if you check the 'very top banner in black' you will see....

Click here  ----> AARP Staying Sharp: Double AARP Rewards Points

( Members Only )

There are actually 4 of these 'Extra Points videos." ( limited to once each - until July 31 )

....and 2 Extra Challenges with double points ( I checked these two - these are old Challenges that I had done in the past - so there are Check marks there - no points available for me; but if you haven't done these two Challenges - go ahead  👍  )

And, yeah, these types of "extra points' do occur in the Earn catalog in random occurrences. I've seen and earned for 'Throwback Thursday Crossword, and other random videos and puzzles - every now and then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

😎  My Personal Note: I've actually came upon these four 'extra points' on early Sunday am hours and the 'software' was 'not fully settled' - I saw these four at 450 points extra bonus points and I  took advantage. (  🙄    Secret - these points can "glitch" past the daily limit. I have a Daily limit of 7,500 which I normally do; and there is an extra 450 points that can be added.

I was able to add 2,660 points past the regular 7,500 points [ yes, a glitch in my favor ]. Now, that a day has past 'they' can't bother my points. Yes, when I first saw these four videos - it listed 450 points; now it is extra 300 points - the software has consolidated itself .)

The way I played it: I sub-totaled the 'Extra points' and played them just before it would reach the 7,500 limit and then lined up a bunch of 'regular' 450 quizzes up till I see Maximum Limit  banner showed up - "Maxed out like a pro."

And, yes it is only Members Only. Offer available to AARP members enrolled in Staying Sharp and AARP Rewards.

Earning lots of points but with nothing good to spend it on. ☹️

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sorry, but I have a hard time with your posts. You do this color change, and everything, but I cannot follow what you are saying. It's too wordy. Can you simplify a bit? 

Honored Social Butterfly

After the physical items, and hidden items in the rewards catalog fiasco, I am sworn to secrecy. 🙈🙉🙊

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP