Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Watch and Learn – new update to videos coming on 2/27/20

Community Manager
Community Manager

Watch and Learn – new update to videos coming on 2/27/20

Watch and learn. That phrase packs a lot of punch, because really observing and absorbing something is the best way to understand it a whole lot better. Which is why now when you click on an AARP video, it will pause if you navigate away from the window to turn your focus to something else, like another video.

Rest assured, you’ll still earn points for each video as long as you complete it.

Check out all the ways to learn and earn! https://www.aarp.org/rewards/earn/

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPTeri 

In the last couple days, I've noticed a high number of videos will not give points when completed, and require a page refresh and rewatch. 8 videos yesterday and today (of 23) needed to be restarted. It seems to be random, although I'll pay more attention if it hits the same ones again.

I'm not sure if the new 'feature' code is responsible or not, but usually I only had to restart 1 or 2, on rare occasions 3.

Btw, there are 2 videos that frequently get stuck on some random frame, but the audio continues (points are given in the end, though). Ironically, one is about hearing aids. Not much 'Watch' and learn for that one, lol.

Cheers,

Ray

Community Manager
Community Manager

@ralmon   Ray let us know if you are still seeing this issue.  Thanks!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I also notice issues with some of the videos not starting after the advertising is finished.  It happened on the Census 2020 video, but I finally got it to start after 3 tries.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPTeri 

I understand AARP trying to shroud this as a 'feature', but the truth is it is already backfiring.

While trying to fact check some of the nonsense spouted by Dr Phil in one of the very long videos, the video will pause as I perform the search. I highly doubt that every word out of his mouth is so valuable that the video has to auto pause. I may actually learn more from the fact check than from his nonsense.

This should be a user preference, not an imposed 'feature'. After all, we live in the 21st century of a non-linear existence, and I'm certain many of us can multitask - like check email, do a quick text, do a web search on the video content. Some of us haven't needed to pause TV all our lives, why force this on us?

A much better added feature would be to sort the list of quizzes and videos such that those still not completed will be at the top. Come on, help us out, and reduce the drugery of the See More button!

And while you're at it, please, by the Heavens above, fix the Transaction History. How can we fact check the Beta if we can't even view the history for acccountability?

Cheers,

Ray

Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray, you said it all, and especially this partSmiley Happy.

"And while you're at it, please, by the Heavens above, fix the Transaction History. How can we fact check the Beta if we can't even view the history for acccountability?"  AMEN!!

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP