Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Video watching not awarding points due to "technical difficulties"

Contributor

Video watching not awarding points due to "technical difficulties"

Today, I watched the 4:31 "Common Training Mistakes" with Shelly McDonald and the points did not award due to "technical difficulties". So, I watched it a second time, again being very careful not to touch the screen and watch to the very end, with the same result - no points awarded due to technical difficulty. It says to just watch again later if the viewer actually wants to be awarded the points earned in the first place.

I find this situation is becoming an increasingly common result when watching AARP rewards videos. The shorter videos (< 60 seconds) aren't as much of a problem, but it is very frustrating and time-consuming to rewatch longer videos without knowing if the award will happen at the end or not.  Please credit my account the missing 300 points without me having to keep watching over and over until finally the unknown difficulty finally gets resolved. Thank you.

Silver Conversationalist

More technical difficulties playing the Instant Win games also.  This has been going on for a while, and I wonder if people are winning any of these games.  I don't even get the, "Sorry, you didn't win" message, and instead get the technical difficulty message and then when I retry, I get the message I already played.  Go figure!

Trusted Contributor

Same problem again today. I have watched 4 videos, got points for 1. The others say no points this time due to technical difficulties. Why can't they fix the site???? 

Conversationalist

Same thing for me too.  They just don't seem to be able to fix things.  Either they are totally unable to do their job or they just don't care to do their job. 

I don't believe it is out of their control, after several months of problems they should be able to do something, even if it is to start the site all over.  But it doesn't appear as if they care.  If it is a server problem they shuld have been able to resolve it by now.  That is if they really wanted to.  It seems they are just happy to leave things as they are. No more investment of money or time.  They will go along like this until it totally breaks down.  At which time the Rewards program will end.

Trusted Contributor

I am having the same issue (technical difficulties and no points) along with the continuing issue of the delay in points being awarded. Very frustrating.

Community Concierge

@ptanutmm Thank you for letting us know about this site issue you are experiencing. I reviewed your Rewards profile and I see that your account was awarded those 300 points. If you continue to have issues with the website, please try the troubleshooting steps found here: The AARP Website Is Not Working As Expected

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Oh, the irony, @AARPJanelleM! I, too, am experiencing issues with points not being awarded for watching videos. I repeatedly get messages saying that there are "technical difficulties" and to check my transaction history "later." Clicking the link you shared in the above message gives me a page stating, "You've come to the right place but there may be an issue displaying this page. Please try logging out and logging back in."

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@RobertS748050 Hi Robert, we do have an intermittent error on the Rewards site that states that we are experiencing delays and to check back in a couple of minutes, points are being awarded but have been experiencing a delay in some instances. 

The link for our help page is working properly: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/site-issues You may need to clear your browser's cookies and update the browser if you're still unable to access the page. Here is the info:

Clear cookies and update browser

View instructions for your browser below.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi, @AARPJanelleM. When I call because my attempts to earn points don't work, or I am unable to log in to play a game even though I'm already logged in on the same browser, I am told it's my browser's fault. It's not my browser. I've cleared cookies, I've cleared my cache and the only site that consistently gives me problems is AARP. You are such a mega site, surely you can provide us with better assistance or technology than this? I love rewards but it's challenging and frustrating and doesn't make AARP look good. Thank you.

Community Concierge

@rc5185366 I appreciate you taking the time to reach out. Oftentimes these issues can be resolved by first using our troubleshooting steps for your browser. I'm terribly sorry for how frustrating this is. I'm always here to help; you are welcome to tag me in a comment or send me a private message directly if you're missing points or need assistance with anything! Learn more about sending a private message on the Community site here: How to Send a Private Message

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

Hi, AARPJanelleM. I really do appreciate your response to my post. Thank you for caring. That means a lot.

Community Concierge

@rc5185366 You are most welcome! That's what I'm here for ๐Ÿ˜Š

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP