Periodic Contributor

Video ads prior to watching Rewards video?

When I 'earn points' by watching AARP Rewards videos via Firfox I first have to suffer through (for a few seconds anyway) a video ad.  I don't have this issue when utilizing Google Chrome!  Anyone encounter something similiar?  Is it a result of a Chorme extension blocking the ad? ... and if so, hopefully I can utilize the same extension video blocking with Firefox?

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Hello @grdolphin 

I'm using Chrome browser and (3) different others, getting advertising with all until I stop it.

I'm sure everyone is having to endure them, AARP is financially benefiting.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@grdolphin 

I always have to watch ads (or the first part) when watching videos on AARP for rewards points.  Some videos don't have ads, but, most do.  I use Chrome.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Try the "uBlock Origin" addon
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png