Regular Contributor

Syncing Fitness Tracker with AARP Now to earn Rewards points

I see that you can sync your fitness tracker to the AARP Now app and earn Rewards points for hitting fitness milestones. However when you drill down to the instructions it says you need v3.20 of the AARP Now app to sync the fitness tracker, yet my Apple App Store only has v3.19. I have AARP support looking into this but wondering if anyone else has been able to find v3.20 and/or sync their fitness tracker (specifically Apple Health on the iPhone).

Community Concierge

@PaulH732761  AARP Rewards syncs to the following devices:

Apple Health - Fitbit - Garmin Connect - Misfit. If you're still having trouble, please call 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) and a member representative can assist you.   

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Try logging out and then logging back into your AARP account then try to sync your device.  That worked for me after many unsuccessful attempts to pair my Apple Watch Health app with AARP Rewards program.

Mary Ann Hoffman
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

That did something. I received points as of today (11/1) for 10K steps and for 120 miles in a month. Thanks! I'll have to watch it the next few days but this really should be a "set it and forget it" process.

Still, it looks like I missed out on my 10/30 and 10/31 points for steps.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@AARPCaroline 

I am now longer getting points for my steps. Who do I contact?

AARP Now app is synced with my Health app.

The last day I received points for steps was 10/29. Per my Health app (and Apple Watch) on 10/30 I had 19,162 steps, no points given. On 10/31 I had 18,693 steps, no points given. Already today I'm over 10K.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Thanks for sharing that tip, @ph8624

@jbear105 if you still have issues, let me know.

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos

Please add both Google Fit and Samsung Health - you are leaving out much of the Android smartwatch community without them - inlcuding myself.  Thank you!

Community Concierge

Hello,  Please let us know if you have received the points for your FitBit that you were missing, and if not we can add them, (just let us know how many) 

Thanks! 

Periodic Contributor

AARPLaurenA - My points have started since my phone call yesterday to AARP, the missing points that need adjustment are 6,150 for the 41 daily and 750 for the weekly for a grand total of 6900 points.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Lauren,

Thank you for your reply.

I am missing points for Oct 9th and for yesterday Nov 4th, otherwise, I have been recieving the points regularly for my fitbit.

A little concern why I didn't  receiving points for yesterday.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have an iphone and a fit bit charge 3. How would these other apps help my activity be recorded on AARP?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@lhl504 You earn points for every fitness milestone you hit. You can sync a Fitbit, Garmin, Misfit, as well as Apple Health that is on your iPhone, so you can sync either your iPhone or FitBit. Wearable trackers tend to be the most accurate, so I may suggest syncing the Fitbit. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've removed and reinstalled the app and attempted to sync my Fitbit Charge 2 6 times and it's still not working with the AARP Rewards.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@randymi1953 Sounds like you are having an issue in the AARP Now app -- thanks for letting us know about that. To get you up and running, try syncing your device online here: https://aarp.info/2BYZeNj

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Thanks for those suggestions, @MeredithB910151! It's so helpful for us to hear from users like you.

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have tried multiple times to sync charge 3 in the last couple of weeks.It will not work but I had no trouble with the previous reward system. I did not have to install the AARP app on my phone in the past. Is that what is needed now?

0 Kudos

I was able to dowmload the correct veriosn, but it still does not diplay rewards. I can't find a place to sync the app with my Apple Health

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'm also NOT receiving my 10,000 steps/day points from my fitbit!  Both the AARP site & fitbit site show they are linked & I just had a lengthy conversation with fitbit.  They say the only 3 things AARP requested to be shared is:  "nutrition, heartrate, weight".  NO request for "activity/walking/exercise/exertion"--or whatever term AARP wants to use for number of steps I take!  Hey AARP---how about fixing this???

0 Kudos
Contributor

For IOS, you need ver 3.20 or later. I logged out of the AARP Now app and logged back in. I selected the AARP card icon at the bottom. You should see a section under your card called AARP Rewards with points below. There is also a '>' which takes you where you can sync your app.
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice.   Just needed to log out and log back in and then follow your easy and clear instructions

Mary Ann Hoffman
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice.   Just needed to log out and log back in and then follow your easy and clear instructions

Mary Ann Hoffman
Contributor

I have the same problem.  I read the FAQ and it says you opt-in to rewards and then select sync fitness tracker.  Well, it seems that if you have already opt'd-in to rewards then there isn't an option in the app to sync fitness tracker.  I called to get this escalated.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Make sure you have the latest version (3.20?) of the app.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Funny stuff: I just got an email from AARP technical support from my reporting of this issue yesterday. They referred me to this thread for answers. This thread, which I started and eventually worked through my problem mostly on my own.

Periodic Contributor

I was refered to this page today (10/14/2019), with 74 posts with different answers on each. This was supposed to be an escalated call because I already tried all of these. Did you ever find the correct answer?

Thanks

Randy

Community Manager
Community Manager

@randymi1953   I sent you a private message asking for specific information to help troubleshoot if you are still experiencing an issue, please reply  Thanks.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have removed the App 3 times, detached AARP on the Fitbit website 3, times reinstalled the Fitbit app 3 times, still no points.

I also have subscribed to all the newsletters and haven't received any newsletters since day one of the new Rewards program either.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have had no luck tried uninstalling than installing unsyncing reinstalling and resyncing called AARP with no help it would be nice to get this fixed I get my steps almost everyday and no points

Periodic Contributor

No. Still won't let me connect to fitbit.  When I click on "fitbit", then the red box @ bottom of page, NOTHING happens!  No solved answer from AARP either.  Very frustrating!  

P.S.  fitbit still says AARP is NOT a participating company with them

Regular Contributor

Just pulled up my balance and I did receive 100 points for going over 10K steps. Received them today but not sure if this is for today or yesterday because I'm only at ~9,300 steps for today.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jbear105   I love your avatar!!

The points would be for yesterday.  The will be posted the day following your earning!  Glad to hear your points were there too!  Keep moving 🙂

AARPTeri
0 Kudos