Reply
Periodic Contributor

Beware of Daily Deal

I got the daily deal today a $5 regal movie certificate. It DIDN'T state that it counts towards the 3 rewards for points a month. I am angry to have wasted one of my three rewrads and AARP is supposed protect us seniors with all the facts. I'm terribly disappointed with AARP.

Karyn
Trusted Contributor

Thank you, Caroline, for your detailed answer. I appreciate the explanations you have given us.

0 Kudos
942 Views
1
Report
Community Concierge

@a170938b You're welcome!

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
906 Views
0
Report
Social Butterfly

@AARPCaroline 

@AARPTeri 

Hey there helpers

Appreciate any help and answers Thanks a bunch 

Ginger  :  ) 

🙂 Smile & the world Smiles with you 😉 Pass one on....its free
0 Kudos
1,230 Views
0
Report
Trusted Contributor

Hi AARP Caroline or Teri,

Is the rule of a maximum of one gift card per month per supplier true even when the item is offered in different games / categories? i.e. the other day a $10 Shell gift card was offered for points only; the following day the same $10 card was in the daily deal; presumably it could also appear in the weekly win or the daily win (which could be won potentially every time). Could you possibly clarify the rules in an unambiguous way? I find the AARP Rewards rules bewildering, whimsical and unfathomable. At some point in the future I am sure that the AARP Rewards program will not be beta anymore and would have profited from our numerous feedbacks, suggestions and calls for improvement; then a new clear explanation of all the rules and regulations would also be appreciated. Now for the current rules, I am waiting for your clear answer with bated breath. Thank you.

Community Concierge

@a170938b Individual participants may purchase 1 gift card from a retailer per month and up to a total of 3 gift cards, each from a different retailer, per month including Daily Deals. Each redemption category in the catalog (Instant Win, Sweepstakes, Points-Only, Gift Card for Purchase, etc) each have their own set of rules/disclaimers. All rewards limits are listed here: https://aarp.info/31T5Usm Each item in the catalog also includes a disclaimer with the rules that apply to that specific item.

The limits that apply to Gift cards for purchase (which includes non points-only Daily Deals) do not apply to points-only catalog items, instant wins, etc. Referring to your example in your post, if you purchased the Shell gift card as a points-only Daily Deal, yes you could also redeem for this reward as a points-only deal in the catalog. Both would count towards your total of 3 points-only rewards per month. The one gift card per month, per merchant rule specifically applies to gift cards for purchase only (not for points-only).

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
960 Views
0
Report
Conversationalist

Hi a170938b:

I sincerely hope you get a reply from Caroline or Teri because you hit the nail on the head.

Your post reflexs my sentiment exactly. Its bad enough to try and follow the different (3) rewards per month rule but to include a rule of different suppliers is downright silly. Whats the big deal if a member wishes to spend all 3 of their monthly awards on one supplier.

I sincerely believe that at some point AARP Rewards will get out of BETA and start listening to its members and provide us with an amazing rewards program. (unlimited wins per month on DIW & WIW) proves its heading in the right direction.

Just Saying 

 

lucyp061351
Trusted Contributor

Thank you, Karyn, for letting us know that AARP helped you when you pursued your request. I appreciate the update. 

Periodic Contributor

Let me follow up with how AARP handled the issue. It took getting to a supervisor who stated she didn't see where it stated the daily deal counts towards your 3 per month rewards for points. She replaced my lost points and extended my membership 6 months as compensation. I am not able to get back  one of 3 rewards  I lost but their desire to accually help when you finally get to the right person was worthwhile, kudos to me for persuing the issue and to AARP for finding an amicable resolution. 

 

Karyn
Bronze Conversationalist


@Karyn8 wrote:

Let me follow up with how AARP handled the issue. It took getting to a supervisor who stated she didn't see where it stated the daily deal counts towards your 3 per month rewards for points. She replaced my lost points and extended my membership 6 months as compensation. I am not able to get back  one of 3 rewards  I lost but their desire to accually help when you finally get to the right person was worthwhile, kudos to me for persuing the issue and to AARP for finding an amicable resolution. 

 


You are still harping about this issue? Give me a break. There is no guarentee you will win 3 rewards period in a month. Are you going to complain at the end of the month about not winning 3 rewards?

 

First off, it isn't a "waste." You didn't pay anything for the $5 movie ticket. People redeem the $5 Amazon reward all the time. There is a bunch of other rewards as well. The onus is on you to select the rewards. If you redeem 3 rewards right away in the beginning of the month, you might miss out. 

 

The fact is YOU WANTED the $5 reward because you redeemed it! And then foolishly you felt it was a waste, you then make some diatribe of being some sort of victim... please.

 

 

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
0 Kudos
981 Views
0
Report
Periodic Contributor

What part of the word DAILY means limited to 3 per month? I was just making others aware of this misunderstanding so flame away............

  I won't enjoy the gift certificate because I won't waste my ink to print it. 

 

FYI It didn't state limit of three per month PRIOR to hitting the confirm button ONLY afterwards

Karyn
Bronze Conversationalist


@Karyn8 wrote:

What part of the word DAILY means limited to 3 per month? I was just making others aware of this misunderstanding so flame away............

  I won't enjoy the gift certificate because I won't waste my ink to print it. 

 

FYI It didn't state limit of three per month PRIOR to hitting the confirm button ONLY afterwards


If you wont waste your ink, why on earth did you buy it????

 

I really hope AARP offers no redeem rewards this month so you can then complain how AARP is not offering enough rewards....

 

AARP is not a grab-bag website just giving away free gifts.

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
0 Kudos
982 Views
1
Report
Periodic Contributor

Moscow 45  Why are you so angry? This is a forum for us seniors to network with each other with questions and concerns. 

Karyn
Social Butterfly

@Karyn8 

Another thought

You say what part of Daily

Well its a Deal offered Daily regardless of limits

 

Just as the Daily Instant Win is Daily b4 recent change you could only win 1 Instant Deal per month & system would allow you play taking points when couldn't win again but now they've made it Unlimited Can win everyday if lucky enough to

Hope you find yourself some peace and freedom from upset 

Ginger  :  )

🙂 Smile & the world Smiles with you 😉 Pass one on....its free
Social Butterfly

@Karyn8This is on page you must hit redeem button to purchase so it is there to read b4 you redeem itThis is on page you must hit redeem button to purchase so it is there to read b4 you redeem it

Karyn It is in print on same page that shows how many points it cost you must not read all the page

My above screenshot shows it clearly 

This Rewards program is very different than old R4G program as @a170938b stated some differences & I agree with nothing like used be and 500 points for $5 not 6700+ points that you paid for $5 today but still Free with only points 

Its possible you can cancel but with "Hello World" in charge now I would assume not plus think rules also state its final 

Being program is so different I read rules & all details b4 I decide to try for anything

Good luck 

Sad you'll not print  so that's your choice waste your points but ok 

 

Ginger  :  )

 

🙂 Smile & the world Smiles with you 😉 Pass one on....its free
0 Kudos
911 Views
0
Report
Trusted Contributor

In the Rewards for Good program, we could cancel a deal and get reimbursed for the points up to 24 hours (?). Is it possible to do so with the AARP Rewards program? In the Rewards for Good Daily Deal, I once confused TGI friday with something I needed; as I never go to restaurants, I was glad to cancel and give someone else the opportunity to enjoy the free $5 gift card (though there was no restrictions on how many times we could play and win per month; and a $5 gift card costs only 500 points!). 

Bronze Conversationalist

no offense but the rules are pretty clear: 3 redemptions per month. IF you want to use it on a $5 item vs a $25, that is on you.

 

And boo hoo hoo. You get free $5. Oh, the horror!

 

 


@Karyn8 wrote:

I got the daily deal today a $5 regal movie certificate. It DIDN'T state that it counts towards the 3 rewards for points a month. I am angry to have wasted one of my three rewrads and AARP is supposed protect us seniors with all the facts. I'm terribly disappointed with AARP.


 

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
0 Kudos
994 Views
9
Report
Silver Conversationalist

@AristotleOfGreece 

"...boo hoo hoo..." really?!?  Starting your comments with "no offense" does not excuse what follows.

 

Your hurtful comments and continued badgering of @Karyn8 is inexcusable.

 

@Karyn8 

I want you to know that your comments were welcome here. Thanks for the reminder that the Daily Deal is not exempt from the points-only redemption limit of 3 times per month.  I could see me making that mistake because the daily deal was available every day in the Rewards for Good program (I even purchased two daily deals, for points only, a couple of times in that program).  I'm really glad that AARP treated you so nicely when you called.  Extending your membership by 6 months was really nice.  Thanks for sharing that.

 

However, I think that it is sad that someone would be so nasty toward you in this forum.  We may have to learn to ignore such hateful behavior or possibly report the problem if it continues.

Take care and come back soon!

Andrew

 


@AristotleOfGreece wrote:

no offense but the rules are pretty clear: 3 redemptions per month. IF you want to use it on a $5 item vs a $25, that is on you.

 

And boo hoo hoo. You get free $5. Oh, the horror!

 

 


@Karyn8 wrote:

I got the daily deal today a $5 regal movie certificate. It DIDN'T state that it counts towards the 3 rewards for points a month. I am angry to have wasted one of my three rewrads and AARP is supposed protect us seniors with all the facts. I'm terribly disappointed with AARP.


 


 

 

AndrewToo
Bronze Conversationalist


@andrewtoo wrote:

@AristotleOfGreece 

"...boo hoo hoo..." really?!?  Starting your comments with "no offense" does not excuse what follows.

 

Your hurtful comments and continued badgering of @Karyn8 is inexcusable.

 

@Karyn8 

I want you to know that your comments were welcome here. Thanks for the reminder that the Daily Deal is not exempt from the points-only redemption limit of 3 times per month.  I could see me making that mistake because the daily deal was available every day in the Rewards for Good program (I even purchased two daily deals, for points only, a couple of times in that program).  I'm really glad that AARP treated you so nicely when you called.  Extending your membership by 6 months was really nice.  Thanks for sharing that.

 

However, I think that it is sad that someone would be so nasty toward you in this forum.  We may have to learn to ignore such hateful behavior or possibly report the problem if it continues.

Take care and come back soon!

Andrew

 


@AristotleOfGreece wrote:

no offense but the rules are pretty clear: 3 redemptions per month. IF you want to use it on a $5 item vs a $25, that is on you.

 

And boo hoo hoo. You get free $5. Oh, the horror!

 

 


@Karyn8 wrote:

I got the daily deal today a $5 regal movie certificate. It DIDN'T state that it counts towards the 3 rewards for points a month. I am angry to have wasted one of my three rewrads and AARP is supposed protect us seniors with all the facts. I'm terribly disappointed with AARP.


 


 

 


I am supporting AARP. When a poster says a gift is not worth the ink to print it, I find that comment very offensive. AARP is a great organization providing free gift cards. When a poster starts complaining about getting free stuff, it really bothers me.

 

This is the problem with the mentality in the country now. Such entitled, Bernie Sanders supporters getting mad when they do not get enough hand outs.

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
0 Kudos
911 Views
7
Report
Community Concierge

@a170938b To answer your earlier question, no, you cannot cancel a redemption in AARP Rewards. Rewards cannot be returned or exchanged. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
1,000 Views
6
Report
Periodic Contributor

I am aware of the rules now, I'm a quick learner !  What I wanted to do was take a GF to the movies by getting 2 of these Regal awards but stopped after I got one when it became one of the 3 per month reward redemptions. I appreciate the informative replies from a few nice people.

Thanks Karyn

 


@AARPCaroline wrote:

@a170938bTo answer your earlier question, no, you cannot cancel a redemption in AARP Rewards. Rewards cannot be returned or exchanged. 


 

Karyn
Social Butterfly

@Karyn8 

Hi Karyn 

Glad things okay now

Since you mentioned you wanted 2 of those tickets

FYI I wanna share and hopefully @andrewtoo  Andrew or others can confirm or deny if I'm correct but rules also state members are only able to get 1 gift card per vendor/type per month along with only 3 total per month having to be all different type

Which is why there's lots comments/upset about Cruise cards being folks apparently like getting several at time

Enjoy your movie savings can use as popcorn to share 

Good luck with all things

Look forward to future shares We all learn from each other 

Ginger  :  )

🙂 Smile & the world Smiles with you 😉 Pass one on....its free
Silver Conversationalist

@gm5271 

 

Someone wrote that they picked up two of the Panera Bread $25 eGift cards last month, so, I'm unsure if the limit is universal.

 

AndrewToo
Periodic Contributor


@andrewtoo wrote:

@gm5271 

 

Someone wrote that they picked up two of the Panera Bread $25 eGift cards last month, so, I'm unsure if the limit is universal.

 


I'm in the Los Angeles, Ca area, where are you that you think it might be different applications of the requirments. 

Karyn
0 Kudos
1,252 Views
1
Report
Silver Conversationalist

@Karyn8 

I'm certain that the rules/limits are not based on where we live.  By "universal" I meant that some points-only card redemption opportunities could be missing the programing to limit a member to one redemption per month per card issuer.  However, that could have just been a mistake on the $25 Panera ecard that was offered some time last month.

Take care,

Andrew

 


@Karyn8 wrote:

@andrewtoo wrote:

@gm5271 

 

Someone wrote that they picked up two of the Panera Bread $25 eGift cards last month, so, I'm unsure if the limit is universal.

 


I'm in the Los Angeles, Ca area, where are you that you think it might be different applications of the requirments. 


 

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
1,132 Views
0
Report
Periodic Contributor

Gm5271..................

 Thanks for shedding some light on things.  Last month I bought two of the same rewards,  and it let me. I was unaware they had to be 3 different rewards now. I am a compliant person but first I need to know the rules. 

Karyn
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png