Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What kind of puzzles do you like to do to keep your brain active?

Community Manager
Community Manager

What kind of puzzles do you like to do to keep your brain active?

I enjoy doing puzzles to stimulate my mind. I am looking for some ideas for new puzzles I can try as I have gone through plenty during this quarantine. Can someone point me in the right direction or recommend some of their favorites?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager
Community Manager

I like doing crossword puzzles. They help me to stay mentally active and improve my vocabulary. I try to complete one crossword puzzle a week. There are a lot of great crosswords and other word games here.

View solution in original post

Super Contributor

"One minute mysteries" type books where you're presented with a crime and the evidence from which you have to deduce who did it.

The medicine man at www.medicinemanplantco.com
Periodic Contributor

I like to do Logic Puzzles, to stimulate the "little grey cells" as the famous detective loves to say.

Merxth1951

Crossword puzzles and the recognition of patterns (the advanced is really hard).

I love to do online jigsaw puzzles and I recently started to play Match 3D. The game is in the app store and tests your ability to match objects, while time is running down. It's pretty addictive.

Super Contributor

Don't care for puzzles.  Love to read.

Contributor

Scrabble, this app called Elevate, word and math apps, sudoku

Regular Contributor

Even though I am 55 years old I still love video games and play the Lego games on my WiiU which allows me to figure out certain puzzles and works my brain quite a bit. I also enjoy doing game like crosswords, candy crush, etc.  Things that make you really think about what you're doing. I also like word games such as scrabble, spelling word games, etc. 

Contributor

I like to play puzzles and puzzle related games such as connecting tiles with background story or changing goals. Also find that if I have to use my brain and recall what I've learned from education, 

jobs and living life I do very well. Texas Hold'em & Yahtzee are two, I'll try a new game but if I don't do well I'll delete it.

Regular Contributor

Mahjongg Dark Dimensions, Daily Solitaire and my new favorite LUMENO.

I love crossword puzzles and also enjoy solitaire.

Kudos
Views

I like crosswords and hiddens items pictures.  I also like jigsaw puzzles.

There's an app called CodyCross...GREAT word game...added bonus is the relaxing backround music. Set it on difficult for an added challenge.

Crossword .

Word puzzles. Geography 

Regular Contributor

Word search. Word Games. Jigsaw Puzzles

Contributor

I think the current AARP puzzles offering is a pretty good mix. I regularly play: Mahjong Remix (and occasionally some of the other solitaire versions), CodeWord and Bridge.  Also enjoy an occasional game of Word Wipe, 10x10 (when I have time, it can take a while), Pool (8- and 9-Ball both), and Backgammon. Enjoy playing on-line Bridge and Chess but have to honestly say I don't care too much for either of the current versions AARP is using. Would like to see Scrabble and Logic-Art (see most issues of Games Magazine) added to the AARP site because I trust their site security more than some of the sites I find elsewhere on the Internet.

Retired Mainer
Contributor

Each evening I start with a hard to very hard crossword puzzle, then play a few hands of online bridge.  After that, I enjoy a difficult word search and finish with several games of mahjong solitaire.

Anything that has to do with words and mystery whodunnits. Also art games especially that deal with colors. 

Free Cell - it requires memory and strategy.  

Contributor

I love word searches

Periodic Contributor

I'm hooked on crossword puzzles. I can't wait for the Sunday newspaper to arrive!

Contributor

I do many different puzzles to keep my brain active, and my favorite by far is Puzzle Page. Each day you get 8 or 9 different types of puzzles and you can choose the difficulty. The variety utilizes various skills and just like physical exercise you need more than one to stay fit.

Trusted Contributor

the puzzle i like best is a game i stream off internet onto my roku t.v. it's called text twist. it gives you 6 letters & you try to guess as many as you can timed or untimed but you advance to next level when you use all 6 letters (another part of the game has you using 7 letters). whenever i get bored & have time to kill i go to text twist it keeps my mind busy 

Crosswords

Numbers

Contributor

I love the daily puzzles, codeword, crosswords, sudoku, solitaire and word finds. Sometimes play the jigsaw puzzle but if it times out there is no way for me to finish so I don’t really like it for that reason.  

I love scrabble , gin, solitaire, trivia games, IQ tests

Regular Contributor

Scrabble type puzzles, crosswords, Wordscapes (Android), sudoku.

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

I play many games - Word Cross - good one is called Sort It 3D!! Uncrossed - Word Collect - do Crosswords daily - play Solitaire!! Also Lily’s Garden and Fishdom!!!

Contributor

I enjoy solitare and mah-jongg all versions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP