Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Syncing Fitness Tracker with AARP Now to earn Rewards points

Message 1 of 83

Thank you for the tip!  I went through what you recommended and the only thing there was the AARP rewards program.  I had deleted the other one earlier.  It worth a try!  Thanks again for the suggestion!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 83

Hello @lk8154694 ,

I have a fitbit zip.  It is old and I understand no longer supported.  It cost $89 and was a gift, I got it a little over a year ago and it was used.  But, it works supported or not!

Anyway, I had a lot of trouble getting points from my fitbit steps.  One thing that comes to mind is that went to http://www.fitbit.com/devices and signed on.

Then I clicked on the "view settings" button cog and clicked on "settings" in the drop down menu. The "view settings" button is on the top right hand side of the screen after signing in.  A picture of the button looks like a "cog"

001 Fitbit Settings Button.JPG

The next page gives a number of options to choose from on the left hand side of the page, Choose "Applications" and choose "remove access" for any item that refers to "Rewards for Good."  There was also an item showing under Applications that read "AARP Rewards by AARP" that I DID NOT REMOVE.  I only removed access to the item that referred to "Rewards for Good."

001 fit bit applications.JPG

My fitbit points started showing up shortly afterward.  No steps from the past, but, points going forward.  Anyway, that is what I remember.  I hope this helps, at least it is something else to try.

Good Luck,

Andrew

@lk8154694 wrote:

I've made two contacts in the past month and this issue still has not been resolved.  Ever since changing the reward points program, I've failed to receive any points for my Fitbit steps.  I've disconnected and reconnected to no avail.  It's very frustrating that this is not getting resolved!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 83

I've made two contacts in the past month and this issue still has not been resolved.  Ever since changing the reward points program, I've failed to receive any points for my Fitbit steps.  I've disconnected and reconnected to no avail.  It's very frustrating that this is not getting resolved!

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 83

@vag   We were able to look into this and the error is happening when you leave our site and go to Fitbit pages.  You may want to see if your browser is compatible with Fitbit services.  Let us know what browser and hoping Fitbit can help you.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 83

@PaulH732761  AARP Rewards syncs to the following devices:

Apple Health - Fitbit - Garmin Connect - Misfit. If you're still having trouble, please call 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) and a member representative can assist you.   

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 83

I'm still not getting points after almost 2 month I've tried deleting and reinstalling my Fitbit and the app I've called AARP and still nothing. I get my 10000 steps amlost everyday.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 83

@jbear105   So Sorry you are experiencing this!  We will get you those points!  I have also escalated to see if we can figure out what is going on.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 83

@AARPLaurenA 

@AARPCaroline 

The app stopped giving me points from steps AGAIN. Last points I received from steps was on 11/4, thus no points for the 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12, or 8 days.

Very frustrating.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 83

AARPLaurenA - My points have started since my phone call yesterday to AARP, the missing points that need adjustment are 6,150 for the 41 daily and 750 for the weekly for a grand total of 6900 points.

Thank you

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 83

Lauren,

Thank you for your reply.

I am missing points for Oct 9th and for yesterday Nov 4th, otherwise, I have been recieving the points regularly for my fitbit.

A little concern why I didn't  receiving points for yesterday.

Kudos
Views