Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Syncing Fitness Tracker with AARP Now to earn Rewards points

Regular Contributor

Syncing Fitness Tracker with AARP Now to earn Rewards points

I see that you can sync your fitness tracker to the AARP Now app and earn Rewards points for hitting fitness milestones. However when you drill down to the instructions it says you need v3.20 of the AARP Now app to sync the fitness tracker, yet my Apple App Store only has v3.19. I have AARP support looking into this but wondering if anyone else has been able to find v3.20 and/or sync their fitness tracker (specifically Apple Health on the iPhone).

I ws told by a representative that I would receive a fitness tracker.  He told me to go to this website and I would beable to order.  I see nowhere on how to order or recieve the fit bit.  I would like to know how I can get this?

e mail is cindal50@msn.com

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@ph8624 I'm checking in on your case. 

@cindyk565309 I've edited your post to remove your email address to protect your personal information. You can connect your fitness tracker to your AARP Rewards account -- at this time, there isn't the option to purchase a fitness tracker in the AARP Rewards catalog.

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

After everything else failed, I tried one more time.  I disconnected the Fitbit from my AARP account and when I reconnected I checked all the options of what I wanted tracked.  Prior to that I had not.  It seems to be tracking fine now.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I saw this issue too. My Fitbit (Charge 2) appeared linked, according to both the AARP and FitBit sites, but no steps were recorded. I use the desktop (web browser), not the App versions of their respective software. AARP support said no data was being received from FitBit - go talk to them. FitBit support said data was being sent to AARP - go talk to them. Neither group seemed to know exactly what procedure a user should follow when linking their tracker, so I thought I'd add that information here as a helpful guide for others having the same issue.

When you Add a Tracker from the AARP page it takes you to the fitbit login page and afterwards to the fitbit AARP Rewards configuration page. There are eight separate attributes to choose, or you can simply โ€œAllow Allโ€. I preferred not to share any unnecessary information (e.g. sleep and weight), so I selected only the ones that looked important for reporting step counts. My first attempt was apparently not sufficient, because no tracking information was recorded by AARP. That's when I chatted with both support teams, but sadly they could not help...

After further experimenting on my own I finally got things to work when juat the following three attributes were enabled: "Profile", "Activity and Exercise", and "Fitbit Devices and Settings". In fairness, there is a disclaimer that reads "If you allow only some of this data, AARP Rewards may not function as intended. Learn more about these permissions here." Clicking the "here" link did not offer enough additional information to determine those attributes minimally necessary for persons wanting some privacy. I believe there is room for improvement here!

Having started on Monday (1/12/20), my "10K steps in a day" for (1/16/20) finally in AARP Rewards on Friday morning. Presumably the first three days were lost, but that's not a huge number of rewards points.

Hopefully this detailed information will help others and lead to less frustration.

-Steve

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to let me know I am not the only one having trouble getting my device to sync. Still can't get AARP to credit me for daily bicycling>5 miles and 10,000 steps. 

Mary Ann Hoffman
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've made two contacts in the past month and this issue still has not been resolved.  Ever since changing the reward points program, I've failed to receive any points for my Fitbit steps.  I've disconnected and reconnected to no avail.  It's very frustrating that this is not getting resolved!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hello @lk8154694 ,

I have a fitbit zip.  It is old and I understand no longer supported.  It cost $89 and was a gift, I got it a little over a year ago and it was used.  But, it works supported or not!

Anyway, I had a lot of trouble getting points from my fitbit steps.  One thing that comes to mind is that went to http://www.fitbit.com/devices and signed on.

Then I clicked on the "view settings" button cog and clicked on "settings" in the drop down menu. The "view settings" button is on the top right hand side of the screen after signing in.  A picture of the button looks like a "cog"

001 Fitbit Settings Button.JPG

The next page gives a number of options to choose from on the left hand side of the page, Choose "Applications" and choose "remove access" for any item that refers to "Rewards for Good."  There was also an item showing under Applications that read "AARP Rewards by AARP" that I DID NOT REMOVE.  I only removed access to the item that referred to "Rewards for Good."

001 fit bit applications.JPG

My fitbit points started showing up shortly afterward.  No steps from the past, but, points going forward.  Anyway, that is what I remember.  I hope this helps, at least it is something else to try.

Good Luck,

Andrew

@lk8154694 wrote:

I've made two contacts in the past month and this issue still has not been resolved.  Ever since changing the reward points program, I've failed to receive any points for my Fitbit steps.  I've disconnected and reconnected to no avail.  It's very frustrating that this is not getting resolved!

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you for the tip!  I went through what you recommended and the only thing there was the AARP rewards program.  I had deleted the other one earlier.  It worth a try!  Thanks again for the suggestion!!

Regular Contributor

@AARPLaurenA 

@AARPCaroline 

The app stopped giving me points from steps AGAIN. Last points I received from steps was on 11/4, thus no points for the 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12, or 8 days.

Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jbear105   So Sorry you are experiencing this!  We will get you those points!  I have also escalated to see if we can figure out what is going on.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have the same problem. I got a new Fitbit which is synced. At first I was getting the points but have not gotten points in the last two weeks.  I also called and was told that they are having trouble with the system. 

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@MaryT990217 Thanks for letting us know. I've adjusted your points.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My fit bit charge 3 has never worked since the program was changed. I have tried many of the suggestions given by other members, No Luck at all.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@lhl504 We'll look into this and will reach back out.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'm still not getting points after almost 2 month I've tried deleting and reinstalling my Fitbit and the app I've called AARP and still nothing. I get my 10000 steps amlost everyday.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@PaulH732761  AARP Rewards syncs to the following devices:

Apple Health - Fitbit - Garmin Connect - Misfit. If you're still having trouble, please call 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) and a member representative can assist you.   

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Try logging out and then logging back into your AARP account then try to sync your device.  That worked for me after many unsuccessful attempts to pair my Apple Watch Health app with AARP Rewards program.

Mary Ann Hoffman
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

That did something. I received points as of today (11/1) for 10K steps and for 120 miles in a month. Thanks! I'll have to watch it the next few days but this really should be a "set it and forget it" process.

Still, it looks like I missed out on my 10/30 and 10/31 points for steps.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@AARPCaroline 

I am now longer getting points for my steps. Who do I contact?

AARP Now app is synced with my Health app.

The last day I received points for steps was 10/29. Per my Health app (and Apple Watch) on 10/30 I had 19,162 steps, no points given. On 10/31 I had 18,693 steps, no points given. Already today I'm over 10K.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

Thanks for sharing that tip, @ph8624

@jbear105 if you still have issues, let me know.

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos

Please add both Google Fit and Samsung Health - you are leaving out much of the Android smartwatch community without them - inlcuding myself.  Thank you!

Community Concierge

Hello,  Please let us know if you have received the points for your FitBit that you were missing, and if not we can add them, (just let us know how many) 

Thanks! 

Periodic Contributor

AARPLaurenA - My points have started since my phone call yesterday to AARP, the missing points that need adjustment are 6,150 for the 41 daily and 750 for the weekly for a grand total of 6900 points.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Lauren,

Thank you for your reply.

I am missing points for Oct 9th and for yesterday Nov 4th, otherwise, I have been recieving the points regularly for my fitbit.

A little concern why I didn't  receiving points for yesterday.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have an iphone and a fit bit charge 3. How would these other apps help my activity be recorded on AARP?

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@lhl504 You earn points for every fitness milestone you hit. You can sync a Fitbit, Garmin, Misfit, as well as Apple Health that is on your iPhone, so you can sync either your iPhone or FitBit. Wearable trackers tend to be the most accurate, so I may suggest syncing the Fitbit. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've removed and reinstalled the app and attempted to sync my Fitbit Charge 2 6 times and it's still not working with the AARP Rewards.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@randymi1953 Sounds like you are having an issue in the AARP Now app -- thanks for letting us know about that. To get you up and running, try syncing your device online here: https://aarp.info/2BYZeNj

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

Thanks for those suggestions, @MeredithB910151! It's so helpful for us to hear from users like you.

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have tried multiple times to sync charge 3 in the last couple of weeks.It will not work but I had no trouble with the previous reward system. I did not have to install the AARP app on my phone in the past. Is that what is needed now?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP