Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Trusted Contributor

Winning $200 would be a huge blessing for me. I have never won anything on AARP but to all of you that have won, it was a blessing. I entered the sweeps stakes too but never won. God bless all of you that have won anything on AARP. I did try to win but no such luck. God bless you all.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Just a day of relaxation for myself. Getaway and just enjoy myself. No worries, no bill paying, nobody to bother me just relax and enjoy myself.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would take a day off from babysitting my great grand child and a friends grand child. I would ignore or better yet turn off the alarm clock set for 7am and sleep in. I would fix pancakes for breakfast with plenty of butter and syrup. Take a nice leisurely bath, remembering to mute all the phones. I would put on one of my new outfits that still has the tag on it and go get my friend who I have been missing having weekly lunch with and go to our favorite restaurant and have a long lunch catching up on every thing we have been missing for over a year. Yes, we talked over the phone, but it isn't rewarding as face to face.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Start with morning tea in the garden and buy fresh organic fruits to sit by the sea and listen to the waves basking in the afternoon sun. Adjoining to the bandshell to finish the evening with music remembering the 70s era, 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Get myself a message at a massage parlor and relax and enjoy. Enjoy my self and relax.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would go to the south central Ozarks, rent a cabin by a waterfall, pick up a really nice meal paint, write and  putter about by the water until the sun goes down.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would buy more groceries so I can eat better meals

0 Kudos
Contributor

Lost my husband to kidney failure and my daughter and grandkids moved in with me. With no life insurance it has been hard. My other daughter and son-in-law are taking me on a short vacation to relax a bit due to my high blood pressure. I would buy my a new outfit and take them out to dinner for taking me on a all expense paid vacation.

I'd drive to Savannah and tour some of the historical museums there.  Since I live nearby you would think I have already visited them but I guess I kept thinking I can go anytime.  Well if I win the $200 I can afford to take the day off work and go and play tourist and "Just Do It !!!!"  Then go to a restaurant I have never tried to support small business in our area.  Thank you! 

Contributor

I would buy bird seed and shell peanuts for the birds and squirrels in my back yard

Contributor

I would go on a driving tour of the CA coastline near Santa Cruz.  We would also get out and walk down to the water and look for whales and other sea life.  It can be very relaxing listening to the waves coming and going.

Info Seeker

I work with our local police department. So with an extra $200 my wife and I would invite an officer and spouse out for dinner.  

Trusted Contributor

That would be nice. I know he would enjoy that a whole lot.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Give $200 to my local animal shelter, and spend a day volunteering there to care for and clean up after the animals.

I would definitely head out for a massage! Then I would head to a golf course with a friend and play 18 holes of golf.  Afterwards, we would head to an outside eatery and enjoy the day with some adult beverages!

Contributor

I would take my sweet Mom to a very relaxing spa where they pampered us and we would giggle all day long. 

Contributor

I would take my sweet Mom to a very pampering, relaxing spa and giggle all day long with her. 

Contributor

Go on a Day Trip on a boat

Contributor

Grateful that I’ve now received the COVID vaccine, and eager to acknowledge and celebrate the hard work they’ve put into a full year of virtual learning, I would take my three grandkids to see the spectacular tulip fields in bloom in Skagit County, WA, an hour’s drive away. Then we’d stop for awesome ice cream cones at Snow Goose Produce.  

Spend the day and night, hiking and boating, at the Okefenokee Swamp, one of the most pristine and amazing natural places in the US.  The habitat, the quiet and the beauty of nature makes one feel a world away from the angst and hustle of current life.

Contributor

Dreaming of some possibilities!!  Mani/pedi sounds nice!!  A great meal for me and my hubby from a fabulous restaurant.  Maybe someone to clean my house!!  The possibilities seem endless!!

Super Contributor

☀️With a day off, my husband and I would head south to warmer weather and spend a day at a friend's condo. We would buy a lovely picnic lunch and just sit in the sun and thaw out ☀️

Contributor

If I am the recipient of the $200/day off challenge, I would destress  by swimming laps in an outdoor pool, then have a couples massage with my hubbie in the afternoon and finish by eating a rib dinner at our favorite restaurant!

I work at home and also on our homestead, but would love to give my husband (who works 12hrs a day) off, and take him out somewhere special.  Even if it's just a long drive and a picnic. He manages a department responsible for making sure everyone is able to work from home, but he doesn't get to.  He deserves so much for all the stress he's dealing with right now.

The pandemic has caused me to rethink my living situation. I have decided to ask a very good friend to move in with me when he retires in August. He currently lives in another state. I already have a second bedroom but if I won some money I would use it to buy some furniture on Facebook Marketplace and decorate a masculine room for him. He will be 71 in June. I will be 64 in September. This living arrangement will help both of us financially.

Contributor

If I were the luck one to win the $200. I would add a patio  and garden to our home. We have been in the process to moving from Atlanta to Myrtle Beach. We lost our only child at 24 years of age 2 years ago and we have decided to move closer to our family. This would give us funds to build a garden next to a patio in honor of our angel in heaven.

If I were given a day off and $200 to spend at Kroger, I would go on my bike to the beach down the street and relax and read a book and give thanks for staying healthy at my age. I would also give thanks for all my wonderful family and friends - that's where I like to do it while I hear the wave crashing along the beach. It's peaceful there. 

Contributor

If I was gifted with a day off and $200.  I would first have my husband take the day off work and I would pamper him, let him sleep in instead of having to get up at 5am for work, we would do things together maybe walk in the park, then go to a really nice steakhouse for dinner.   Go shopping and have him buy something really nice he's been wanting but didn't buy because we needed the money for a doctors bill.   It would just be a hubby day because he works so hard for us and never takes time for himself....

Info Seeker

I would spend some of the money on new plants and work in my flower garden. Then relax with a good movie.

0 Kudos

I would spend it on a Spa day and a facial. I am 64 yrs old and have never been to a spa. After that I would walk the whole store of IKEA

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Virtual Community Center 

Offering a wide variety of FREE interactive, online events and classes designed for learning, self-improvement, and fun. Learn More

Members Can Get Financial Help

Get help with student loan repayment & forgiveness. Join AARP today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health