- AARP Online Community
- AARP Rewards
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Connect
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Ask for a Rewards Tip
- Leave a Rewards Tip
- Grief & Loss
- Share and Find Caregiving Tips - AARP Online Community
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- Atari Talk
- Games Talk
- Games Tips
- Leave a Game Tip
- Ask for a Game Tip
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Travel Forums
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- The Girlfriend
- Home & Family Archive
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Entertainment Archive
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!
The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect. But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day.
We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200. Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!
Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points!
Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps? If not be sure to visit and enter here: https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/
* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.
- AARP Rewards
- blooms and wildlife. We would stop by a locally owned restaurant for lunch. We would top off the evening by dressing up for a special dinner to celebrate being together again.
- Day off
- enabling me grow them in ground and not only in deck containers.
- Finish crochet projects I started before Christmas.
- get a good steak supper and stay overnight in a nice motel before going home the next day! Thank you!
- I would buy an outside lounge chair and make a drink and sit outside and read.
- I would buy herbs for a beautiful herb garden I saw in a photo.
- I WOULD GIVE IT TO MY GRANDSON TO HELP HIM MOVE TO TENNESSEE TO PHARMACY SCHOOL. HE COMES FROM SINGLE PARENT FAMILY AND STUGGLES TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL OF BEING A PHARMHIST TO HELP HIS MOM HAVE BETTER LIFE
- I would pamper myself. So mnay years I've gone with no self care.
- I would regrass my lawn. My husband always kept it up and I lost him a year ago. I would love it to look good again...
- I would replace those backyard fencing panels brought down by Hurricane Irma. It would prevent wildlife eating my plant and vegetables
- I would take my daughters out to lunch ‘ shopping as a thank you for caring for me as I recover from cancer.
- If I win this gift I would take my friend to Mammoth Cave to hike and walk
- I’d be able to afford a 2 hour message for my Fibromyalgia! The rest of my week would be great after that!!
- maybe get a massage!Have a nie leisurely lunch
- my husband and I would take a road trip to visit our daughter
- Sleep in
- son-in-law and granddaughter. We would spend the late morning at an arboretum
- Take a day trip to be in nature with picnic and just enjoy the scenery.
- to see the new buds
- Visit some local wineries with my Family
- With Spring approaching
Since the pandemic, the idea of going to a spa has been unimaginable! I would spend a total me-time day by taking a yoga class, and then getting a spa treatment or two! Afterwards, I would buy my husband a cocktail at a local outdoor pub and watch the sun set on a perfect day!
I would use the $200 to purchase additional weights, kettlebells, battle ropes, and other equipment take it all to the park, and offer a free day of exercise for those in my community who are 50 or older. I am a spin instructor and with COVID I see that many people my age have stopped exercising. This outdoor activity would allow people to not only try something new, meet others and also get back on track with their exercise programs,
What would I do with $200.00 a day?
First, I would take my youngest granddaughter probably to Disneyland, she was force to stop going to her daycare school when her mom came down with Covid 19, in January. Now. she has been introduced to the "new" on line school and she's not the same eager, sharp and outgoing little 5 yr. old girl. And because her Mom works 6 days a week, my little granddaughter has been also deprived with having more time with "mami"; she deserves to have some fun time where she will enjoy herself and hopefully feel free to be outgoing and playful.
Second; I will give the money to my daughter, so she can take couple of days off from work and enjoy her little 5 yr old girl.
I would use the money to take a day trip with my dad, mom, and sister. The day trip would be to a national park my dad has always wanted to visit. Throughout the years he has put up with vacations that aren't typically his favorite for us. Such as the beach or waterparks, he isn't one to like crowds and instead prefers the beauty of nature. He has always been a fan of national parks, so I would take him to one upstate he said he used to spend a lot of time at when he was younger. Afterward, I would treat him and the rest of the family to whatever they would want for diner.
Well, I would first wakeup to see the sunrise over the Dismal Swamp. Then I take a walk and drive over to Smithfield to have breakfast at Smithfield Station. After breakfast, I would go to Lowe’s, McDonald’s Nursery and the Plant Bar to get some plants. For lunch, I would stop at some mom and pop joint for something homemade and fattening. Then I would go to HomeGoods, Burlington’s, and Biglots for decorative planters for my new plants. On my way home, I would stop at a local bakery for something sweet. When I got home I would repot my plants and then watch a movie eating my leftovers from lunch and my sweet treat.