Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri

I would take my grandson (6yrs. Old) out to lunch and take him to the bounce house to play.  He would love it!  I would be happy to see him smile

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would by dear friend a walker and cane  

0 Kudos
Contributor

@KristinK693360 wrote:

I would by dear friend a walker and cane  

That is so nice.  You are a good friend.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Dinner with a few friends and enjoy ourselves. shop around for items that we need and then take a stand to enjoy a movie.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Travel away from the home site see and just enjoy the moment and relax at a motel and get some sleep.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

$200 would be the ideal amt to enjoy myself and just stay from home for a week-in with nobody to bother me. Just enjoy my self and not have to hear anything around me Just enjoy the day to my self.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

A day at the spa would be great. Enjoying the spa and getting a much-needed massage. This is really needed by me. sense the panic I was unable to do this because of so many people there and I need to stay 6 ft away from people and they need to stay 6 ft away from me.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

One great thing is being at the beach and looking at the water and enjoying all the people and site seeing the lake and riding on the yacht. I find that awesome. This would make up for the times I was unable to go to the beach with this panic.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would get up early and go to wild life preserver and Watch goats.  Then jog.  Would go to boat dock and read.  Then home to get ready for Red Lobster Dinner.

0 Kudos

I would take my husband to a nice quiet road trip, he deserves it as much as I do..we have not had one way before the world shut down..it would be a treat 🥰

0 Kudos

I would  take the  day off and  do  some  gardening.  That's what I  would do  with the  day  off and  $200.00.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would try to find 10 homeless people and give them $10 each to buy themselves a treat and find 5 single mothers and give $20 each to take their kids out for treats.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Get up with sun. My wife walk down to the lake shore with skillet bacon and eggs. Build a small fire and cook breakfast over the cam fire while watching the sun rise, fish leaping on the lake and birds singing in the trees. 

Once done with breakfast go rent two horses and ride through all moisture laden fields of Texas Blue Bonnets. 

When done with the ride the two of us go get a manicure and pedicure. 

Then go to the Dallas Arboretum and gaze in awe at the 10's of thousands of flowers opening to the bright of day. 

When done there go to a local tea house for some cookies and tea. Now in the early afternoon go to the 6 Flags amusement park for a couple thrilling roller coaster rides. Top off late afternoon and go to Soulmans barbecue for the best ribs and brisket in Texas. Finally satiated with excellent food and exercise we would go catch the latest movie and enjoy a bottle of wine and call it a day. 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker ++

If I won $200.00 to spend any way I want to on myself, I would use it to buy things I need for the apartment I am moving into. Or, if I do buy a house instead, I will buy items for the home

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would start by sleeping in then spending a relaxing day at the beach with my husband. 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would use some of it to help our restaurant workers who are out of a job, treats for my dog, and some new reading material for myself. I will spend the day with my dog at the beach and just read and relax.

Contributor

I would take a leisurely drive to the mountains and stop and have lunch at nice little restaurant along the way and look at the wonderful sites of my state Virginia. Go to the little shops and pick up my grandchildren gifts. Treat myself to a nice quiet day out.

I WOULD SLEEP LATER THAN 7.30AM WHICH IS WHEN I GET UP TO GO TO WORK GO OUT FOR BREAKFAST GO SHOPPING FOR PERSONAL STUFF HAVE LUNCH AT A NICE RESTAURANT

Contributor

I would go to the cabin and use the money for food, wine and gas for 4 wheeler rides with my beautiful wife. 

Regular Social Butterfly

I  have been making hats for newborns for months now so I'd finally treat myself to a much-needed haircut and perm. Then I'd give the rest to my Grand Daughter who is in Nursing school raising a 1 1/2 yr old by herself. 

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Contributor

I would fill the gas tank on my boat  and then Cruise all day !

Contributor

I wound get a total body massage.  Pamper myself. 

Contributor

I would take my grandchildren to Gibbs Gardens and see the daffodils in bloom. Then we would spend the day together and eating out. 

Contributor

I would gather my family together for a day trip to the beach. It has been so long since we have been together as a family.

If I was a winner in the contest I would take a much needed trip to the hair salon and then go out for a nice lunch or dinner

Contributor

Being a Lupus warrior I would book a nice hotel room and definitely relax my body and mind, have a fabulous but healthy breakfast and dinner. 

Meditation would have to part of relaxation time.

Contributor

I would first hire someone to replace the chimney cap that fell off 3 years ago on my house.  Then, for my Multiple Sclerosis affected body, I would get a wonderful massage.  Topping it off with a hot fudge cream puff.  😊

Fran Lazuka
Contributor

With a day off, I would either read a book that I've been wanting to read or look at old movies. As far as the money, I would increase the amount of groceries I give to my elderly neighbor. 

A. Purcell

I would get a massage on my day off.