- AARP Online Community
- AARP Rewards
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Connect
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Ask for a Rewards Tip
- Leave a Rewards Tip
- Grief & Loss
- Share and Find Caregiving Tips - AARP Online Community
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- Atari Talk
- Games Talk
- Games Tips
- Leave a Game Tip
- Ask for a Game Tip
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Travel Forums
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- The Girlfriend
- Home & Family Archive
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Entertainment Archive
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!
The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect. But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day.
We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200. Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!
Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points!
Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps? If not be sure to visit and enter here: https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/
* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.
- AARP Rewards
- blooms and wildlife. We would stop by a locally owned restaurant for lunch. We would top off the evening by dressing up for a special dinner to celebrate being together again.
- Day off
- enabling me grow them in ground and not only in deck containers.
- Finish crochet projects I started before Christmas.
- get a good steak supper and stay overnight in a nice motel before going home the next day! Thank you!
- I would buy an outside lounge chair and make a drink and sit outside and read.
- I would buy herbs for a beautiful herb garden I saw in a photo.
- I WOULD GIVE IT TO MY GRANDSON TO HELP HIM MOVE TO TENNESSEE TO PHARMACY SCHOOL. HE COMES FROM SINGLE PARENT FAMILY AND STUGGLES TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL OF BEING A PHARMHIST TO HELP HIS MOM HAVE BETTER LIFE
- I would pamper myself. So mnay years I've gone with no self care.
- I would regrass my lawn. My husband always kept it up and I lost him a year ago. I would love it to look good again...
- I would replace those backyard fencing panels brought down by Hurricane Irma. It would prevent wildlife eating my plant and vegetables
- I would take my daughters out to lunch ‘ shopping as a thank you for caring for me as I recover from cancer.
- If I win this gift I would take my friend to Mammoth Cave to hike and walk
- I’d be able to afford a 2 hour message for my Fibromyalgia! The rest of my week would be great after that!!
- maybe get a massage!Have a nie leisurely lunch
- my husband and I would take a road trip to visit our daughter
- Sleep in
- son-in-law and granddaughter. We would spend the late morning at an arboretum
- Take a day trip to be in nature with picnic and just enjoy the scenery.
- to see the new buds
- Visit some local wineries with my Family
- With Spring approaching
Winning $200 would be a huge blessing for me. I have never won anything on AARP but to all of you that have won, it was a blessing. I entered the sweeps stakes too but never won. God bless all of you that have won anything on AARP. I did try to win but no such luck. God bless you all.
I would take a day off from babysitting my great grand child and a friends grand child. I would ignore or better yet turn off the alarm clock set for 7am and sleep in. I would fix pancakes for breakfast with plenty of butter and syrup. Take a nice leisurely bath, remembering to mute all the phones. I would put on one of my new outfits that still has the tag on it and go get my friend who I have been missing having weekly lunch with and go to our favorite restaurant and have a long lunch catching up on every thing we have been missing for over a year. Yes, we talked over the phone, but it isn't rewarding as face to face.
Lost my husband to kidney failure and my daughter and grandkids moved in with me. With no life insurance it has been hard. My other daughter and son-in-law are taking me on a short vacation to relax a bit due to my high blood pressure. I would buy my a new outfit and take them out to dinner for taking me on a all expense paid vacation.
I'd drive to Savannah and tour some of the historical museums there. Since I live nearby you would think I have already visited them but I guess I kept thinking I can go anytime. Well if I win the $200 I can afford to take the day off work and go and play tourist and "Just Do It !!!!" Then go to a restaurant I have never tried to support small business in our area. Thank you!
Grateful that I’ve now received the COVID vaccine, and eager to acknowledge and celebrate the hard work they’ve put into a full year of virtual learning, I would take my three grandkids to see the spectacular tulip fields in bloom in Skagit County, WA, an hour’s drive away. Then we’d stop for awesome ice cream cones at Snow Goose Produce.
Spend the day and night, hiking and boating, at the Okefenokee Swamp, one of the most pristine and amazing natural places in the US. The habitat, the quiet and the beauty of nature makes one feel a world away from the angst and hustle of current life.
I work at home and also on our homestead, but would love to give my husband (who works 12hrs a day) off, and take him out somewhere special. Even if it's just a long drive and a picnic. He manages a department responsible for making sure everyone is able to work from home, but he doesn't get to. He deserves so much for all the stress he's dealing with right now.
The pandemic has caused me to rethink my living situation. I have decided to ask a very good friend to move in with me when he retires in August. He currently lives in another state. I already have a second bedroom but if I won some money I would use it to buy some furniture on Facebook Marketplace and decorate a masculine room for him. He will be 71 in June. I will be 64 in September. This living arrangement will help both of us financially.
If I were the luck one to win the $200. I would add a patio and garden to our home. We have been in the process to moving from Atlanta to Myrtle Beach. We lost our only child at 24 years of age 2 years ago and we have decided to move closer to our family. This would give us funds to build a garden next to a patio in honor of our angel in heaven.
If I were given a day off and $200 to spend at Kroger, I would go on my bike to the beach down the street and relax and read a book and give thanks for staying healthy at my age. I would also give thanks for all my wonderful family and friends - that's where I like to do it while I hear the wave crashing along the beach. It's peaceful there.
If I was gifted with a day off and $200. I would first have my husband take the day off work and I would pamper him, let him sleep in instead of having to get up at 5am for work, we would do things together maybe walk in the park, then go to a really nice steakhouse for dinner. Go shopping and have him buy something really nice he's been wanting but didn't buy because we needed the money for a doctors bill. It would just be a hubby day because he works so hard for us and never takes time for himself....