- AARP Online Community
- AARP Rewards
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Connect
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Ask for a Rewards Tip
- Leave a Rewards Tip
- Grief & Loss
- Share and Find Caregiving Tips - AARP Online Community
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- Atari Talk
- Games Talk
- Games Tips
- Leave a Game Tip
- Ask for a Game Tip
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Travel Forums
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- The Girlfriend
- Home & Family Archive
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Entertainment Archive
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!
The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect. But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day.
We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200. Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!
Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points!
Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps? If not be sure to visit and enter here: https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/
* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.
- AARP Rewards
- blooms and wildlife. We would stop by a locally owned restaurant for lunch. We would top off the evening by dressing up for a special dinner to celebrate being together again.
- Day off
- enabling me grow them in ground and not only in deck containers.
- Finish crochet projects I started before Christmas.
- get a good steak supper and stay overnight in a nice motel before going home the next day! Thank you!
- I would buy an outside lounge chair and make a drink and sit outside and read.
- I would buy herbs for a beautiful herb garden I saw in a photo.
- I WOULD GIVE IT TO MY GRANDSON TO HELP HIM MOVE TO TENNESSEE TO PHARMACY SCHOOL. HE COMES FROM SINGLE PARENT FAMILY AND STUGGLES TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL OF BEING A PHARMHIST TO HELP HIS MOM HAVE BETTER LIFE
- I would pamper myself. So mnay years I've gone with no self care.
- I would regrass my lawn. My husband always kept it up and I lost him a year ago. I would love it to look good again...
- I would replace those backyard fencing panels brought down by Hurricane Irma. It would prevent wildlife eating my plant and vegetables
- I would take my daughters out to lunch ‘ shopping as a thank you for caring for me as I recover from cancer.
- If I win this gift I would take my friend to Mammoth Cave to hike and walk
- I’d be able to afford a 2 hour message for my Fibromyalgia! The rest of my week would be great after that!!
- maybe get a massage!Have a nie leisurely lunch
- my husband and I would take a road trip to visit our daughter
- Sleep in
- son-in-law and granddaughter. We would spend the late morning at an arboretum
- Take a day trip to be in nature with picnic and just enjoy the scenery.
- to see the new buds
- Visit some local wineries with my Family
- With Spring approaching
Howdy from Texas! I would absolutely LOVE to pass along the $ to my awesome husband and daughter for a day of fishing! They have both been so dedicated to job and college, along with doing much more! They both deserve a day of relaxation and fun! Thank you so much for the chance to share! Stay strong and well! Pam Compton
If I would be so blessed to win, I would do whatever my mind leads me to do as one blessed to be free of the hustle and bustle of life in general. My greatest joy will be to go to the park and watch the happy children at play. I will also reflect on the beauty of my life thus far and how I hope to progress in the future as a nurturer to all in whatever capacity I can. I love sharing my joy!!!
My dream day off would be to get our little vintage camper out of storage, and take a road trip to one of our state parks. It would be great to find a quiet spot, go hiking to seek out wildflowers and bird watch, and then relax at our campsite for a nice, simple meal around the campfire. The day off would extend overnight because some of the best sleeping is done in the camper! After a long, isolated winter, the idea of being in nature with my husband and dog sounds like a wonderful dream. Have the $200 would easily cover the cost of gasoline, food, park entry and a campsite. There might even be enough left over to allow for a special bottle of wine from a local winery.
I would spend the money and the day to visit my daughter who I have not seen since Christmas 2019. The covid separations have been frustrating and painful. Life is short and I would meet her somewhere safe where we could be in a clean, sanitized location such as a beach . I live near DC and she's in NJ for her job. I miss her so much. The money would pay for travel costs. It's been very painful to be separated from our adult children and grandchildren.
I would take my wife to the beach and our favorite beach is St.Pete Beach. We would eat at our favorite restaurant BRASS MONKEY and just enjoy the day after such a hard month where we lost her mother. I want to just take here away for a day trip!!!!
Well...Hello, Everybody!!! If I had a full day off, free of responsibilities and had $200 to spend. I would pay for a rental car for a day, drive out towards Mt Rainier to visit my Beautiful, Loving, Elderly and sick Mother. I haven't seen my Mom in almost a year because we live more than 70 miles apart and neither one of us have a vehicle. So, this was a complete no brainer for me!!! I LOVE YOU MOM!!! If I won...then what ever my Moms heart desired that day would be hers!!!! 💗💗💗 ~ Love Your Daughter, Darci M.
- spend as much time as possible with your beautiful Mothers before its too late!!!
- What would you do with a day off and $200
What would you do with a day off and $200? I would spend the day by starting off with a "sleep in" time. First, once ready for the day, head to the nearest Starbucks for a good cup of "joe" and relax & sip my goodness in a cup. Next, would be a lil window shopping and possibly purchase a "me-day" gift then off to lunch. Thirdly, comes my afternoon massage to really relax. Once my massage is done, its time for more relaxation rest. Lastly, my day would be finish off with a good ole dinner from Carrabbas or Bonefish Grill. This would be an enjoyable day and greatly appreciated AARP. Thanks for the chance and opportunity! 🙂 LsBrown
We haven't been able to go to my happy place since COVID. I would pack us up for a trip to Maine. My partner has lost two brothers and we can't grieve properly until we get back to the family in Maine. They give the best hugs ever! The hugs are long and tight. I'm crying just writing this. It's not just going to be nice, it will be a necessary factor to our mental health to return to the beauty of the Western Mountains of Maine.