Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Info Seeker

If I became the winner of the $200. I would do a in home massage, I work with children from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm and it takes a tole on my body. After that great massage I would order in some lunch and  spend the day catching up on my reading. I have so many books I would love to read.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would use the $200. for mini vacations that I have longed to do for over a year.  A trip to our local botanical gardens, the zoo's rain forest, the history museum and a nice sit down dinner in a good restaurant with my friend. Chris 

0 Kudos

I would visit a domestic violence women's shelter and choose a woman to enjoy a seafood lunch, and a stroll through the Botanical Gardens.

0 Kudos

For the first time in 50 years I had a summer off; I am a special education school teacher. Like many of my generation I started working in my mid teens. (My first job was babysitting a family of 5, their parents owned a breakfast/lunch dinner.)  I have spent vacations and weekends working as a lifeguard, a tutor, a server / waitress.  My husband and I have raised two amazing sons.  Our anniversary was last June, 40 years together.  COVID came and my weekend get away disappeared. (As did my second job; which is why I had last summer off,) I would like to celebrate our life together.  Perhaps a nice drive to get out of the house, a grocery trip for a special meal, a family dinner. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

It's March and that means fresh new season, fresh air and kites. I would go flying and sailing in the wind like my kite. I would like to circle the world, but I'm try to let my kite explore while I'll stay on the ground. Trust me, seeing him free will make me free, also.

0 Kudos

if i win the $200 I'd make a window garden to grow chives, cilantro and parsley to have fresh when i cook it whoud be great toall fresh 

0 Kudos

I would take my daughters and let them split the amount between them.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would use the money to go visit my daughters, so I could give them hugs in person instead of virtual! We all have had our Covid vaccination and I need a hug!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would book a spa day and get a facial/mini-pedi

0 Kudos

I would get a massage, manicure and a pedicure for myself, my husband and my two sons.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Get some new plants and planters. Spend the day gardening!

My husband passed onThanksgiving & my dog on Valentine's Day so it has been a pretty depressing few months let alone this COVID 19 lockdown & so much I have to do with little time for myself.  I would get a massage.

Go to the Zoo 

Contributor

Buy my youngest son a new piece of musical equipment!

Contributor

The first thing to come to mind is how much I've wanted for years to spend a weekend exploring The Historic Columbia River Gorge Highway in north Oregon that runs from Troutdale to Cascade Locks. Lots of waterfalls, parks, historical sites, greenery, hiking trails, viewpoints, etc. along the length of it. Take along some sandwiches, camping gear, fishing tackle, camera, and a friend or two. Explore, relax, enjoy... Check out some antique shops at either end of the area. Visit some natural hot springs nearby to soak & bathe in the deliciously warm water that never runs out... unlike most hot water heaters. 🙂 When I return to "civilization," visit a yummy little burger & ice cream shack in Cascade Locks. ❤️

Contributor

I would treat my 2 sisters & sister in law to manicure & pedicures & lunch!

I would spend a day at a spa with my husband getting massages and pedicures

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

If lucky enough to win, I would focus on my only child, my Son, who came to rescue me after many years of domestic abuse that had finally escalated to physical violence. We BOTH would benefit from massages then spending time together doing anything or nothing. There is no $$value on this!

Contributor

I would curl up with a book in my favorite lawn chair on the porch - after planning a fun dinner reservation!!

Contributor

I would buy items for an organization that’s close to my heart

I enjoy taking a walk in the woods. it fuels my soul.

Silver Conversationalist

I would go to New York go have lunch then shop to I drop with $200 .

Racquel Evans
Info Seeker

We are having some work done on our home and I would put the money towards some landscaping the front yard to make it look nice with the other work we’re having done. I think it would finish it off nicely.

Contributor

I would support small businesses. 

Info Seeker

I would take a long walk and enjoy a beautiful  day  with family and friends

Contributor

Worked so many hours during lockdown (retail, filling online orders) I didn't get to do much at all for my gardens.  They got overrun with weeds and the good rain actually broke down the last of the boards holding the soil in my raised beds.  I'd use the $200 to hire an energetic  youth to help me put the gardens to right (dig weeds) and buy something more permanent for the garden walls.  Need our (organic) food beds more than ever this year.   Like my father before me  I find working the soil centering, soothing, satisfying.  Love seeing my family enjoy what I can grow in this small suburban yard. 

Periodic Contributor

I would take a much needed day or two off from work, sleep in late, then go outside and work on my walking trails and forest gardens.  That is my center and where I feel most at peace.  

I would head for the coast and spend a weekend at a simple motel with a view of the ocean, a simple book and magazines and no media or phone, two nights so a full day off in between.

Info Seeker +

Head out for a drive to northern or southern IN. Enjoy a leisurely lunch, watch the sun set.  Take a nap!  Get a massage!

ahh I would go local all the way...get my hair done first, it needs a noce cut, right after get an hour long message, then a stop off at my favorite restaurant and have a nice relaxing dinner with wine...get home, kick my feet up and watch a movie!