- AARP Online Community
- AARP Rewards
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Connect
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Ask for a Rewards Tip
- Leave a Rewards Tip
- Grief & Loss
- Share and Find Caregiving Tips - AARP Online Community
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Entertainment Archive
- Atari Talk
- Games Talk
- Games Tips
- Leave a Game Tip
- Ask for a Game Tip
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- Home & Family Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Travel Forums
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!
The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect. But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day.
We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200. Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!
Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points!
Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps? If not be sure to visit and enter here: https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/
* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.
- AARP Rewards
- blooms and wildlife. We would stop by a locally owned restaurant for lunch. We would top off the evening by dressing up for a special dinner to celebrate being together again.
- Day off
- enabling me grow them in ground and not only in deck containers.
- Finish crochet projects I started before Christmas.
- get a good steak supper and stay overnight in a nice motel before going home the next day! Thank you!
- I would buy an outside lounge chair and make a drink and sit outside and read.
- I would buy herbs for a beautiful herb garden I saw in a photo.
- I WOULD GIVE IT TO MY GRANDSON TO HELP HIM MOVE TO TENNESSEE TO PHARMACY SCHOOL. HE COMES FROM SINGLE PARENT FAMILY AND STUGGLES TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL OF BEING A PHARMHIST TO HELP HIS MOM HAVE BETTER LIFE
- I would pamper myself. So mnay years I've gone with no self care.
- I would regrass my lawn. My husband always kept it up and I lost him a year ago. I would love it to look good again...
- I would replace those backyard fencing panels brought down by Hurricane Irma. It would prevent wildlife eating my plant and vegetables
- I would take my daughters out to lunch ‘ shopping as a thank you for caring for me as I recover from cancer.
- If I win this gift I would take my friend to Mammoth Cave to hike and walk
- I’d be able to afford a 2 hour message for my Fibromyalgia! The rest of my week would be great after that!!
- maybe get a massage!Have a nie leisurely lunch
- my husband and I would take a road trip to visit our daughter
- Sleep in
- son-in-law and granddaughter. We would spend the late morning at an arboretum
- Take a day trip to be in nature with picnic and just enjoy the scenery.
- to see the new buds
- Visit some local wineries with my Family
- With Spring approaching
With 200.00 to spend for the day off, I would go to the JeJu spa and get a body scrub, a facial, a message and foot reflexology equaling 150.00. I would go to a vegetarian restaurant and spend 30.00 and then, I would find four homeless people and give each of them 5.00 each--sharing my blessings with them. What a wonderful day off and an awesome blessing.
I would get my Communications Director for my company, Aladay Mobile Media and take her to lunch and go on a journey to promote our new weekly podcast series where we ask the burning question, What's Going on in Your Corner of the World?
That would be an awesome way to start our new project...we plan to do things via a telecommute basis but we also plan to take the production on the road at some point....We came upon this decision because social media has afforded us opportunities to communicate with people around the world and we are finding that even though they may speak a different language, eat different foods, they are people also. They also have the same concerns as we do in the USA. GMO Technology encroaching into the food supply, governments becoming to overbearing, the right to bear arms and free speech being impinged. So our thought is this...how can we show people It really is a Small World and we all have to share it...What makes this project so exciting is the fact I'm a 60-something and she is a 20-something...
That said here is to hoping we capture a massive audience and become successful...
I would find an Air BNB or similar, take my kids, their dogs and my 2 month old granddaughter and cook, play board games and relax. We would need a pool, we all swim and wide open space to run with the dogs. We are all vaccinated but we’ve had little time to be together and my son starts residency in another state soon so we all need uninterrupted time together.
If I had a day off I would wake up early, do yoga and then drink coffee on my porch. I would then take a walk in a local park and volunteer at, or donate to, the local food bank. I would use the money to make a delicious, homemade meal and rent a movie, or watch one of my favorite shows. I would round out my beautifully, slow paced day with a lavender, epsom salt bubble bath before going to bed early!