Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2022

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2022

Share how you use the Rewards Catalog to support your holiday giving and budgeting for a chance to win one of eight (8) $50 gift cards.  

One example from previous year's posts:

I purchase the max amount of Build-a-Bear gift cards for two months and use them as stocking stuffers for my grandchildren.  

Runs from 9/27 - 11/23/22. Click here for rules

AARPTeri
Contributor

I use my points to get gift cards or other things I can get and give them to people who are less fortunate I love to get the daily deal meal cards so I can transfer them to other people

Thank you.

Periodic Contributor

I just used points to get a set of stemless wine glasses! Score!

Contributor

The wine glasses are perfect for a party

Contributor

I sign in to AARP rewards daily to try and win the instant gift cards. I also enjoy and have bought discounted gift cards. 

Thank you.

Contributor

In regards to the Rewards and Holiday savings @& Budget Contest. I use my points in the catalog to buy and enter to win gift cards that I can give as gifts.

Regular Contributor

I use the Rewards Catalog to support my holiday giving and budgeting (as well as non-holiday giving and budgeting) by entering sweepstakes for cash giveaways to perhaps win some extra $ to to use for holiday purchases, travel and gift-giving. I also enter multiple gift card sweepstakes with my Rewards Points to use for gift purchases, entertaining, holiday dinners at home or restuarants, and as stocking-stuffers/Christmas card surprises!

Sharon R Wolfe
Regular Contributor

Always check not only at the holidays but helps because doing more.  Not only check for deals and enter contests but just seeing the different offerings gives you ideas.

Super Contributor

I check the rewards page every morning to see if there are new gift cards available.  Sometimes they're already sold out, but other times I get lucky and get to use my points to get a gift card that I can use for myself or for family and friends.

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

A little poem.😊

Prices keep rising and saving is hard.

That’s why I’m thankful for each discount card.

Auto Zone, Hulu & (yum!) Krispy Kreme.

Earn points each day and then watch & redeem.

Local Deals, magazines, Petco, Door Dash.

Buying Rewards cards will save you some cash.

Holiday gifting or just for a treat

Check out Rewards cards for deals you can’t beat.

I enter sweepstakes, but haven't won anything yet. I plan on checking out the gift cards to see if I can afford them.

Contributor

AARP has saved me on many gift cards over the years. Personally, I prefer buying a card where I like to shop & from there find gifts for others. Exception would be restaurants. Those cards have been great to give to our mailman, cleaning lady & gardener. They've each appreciated it!

Regular Contributor

I only recently discovered the whole world of AARP Rewards (although I have been a member for quite some time), i now understand and appreciate the opportunity to enter instant wins and sweepstakes all using points I collected using activities I like and that are entertaining and/or  educational.  I have not bought the discounted gift cards yet: but intend to do so by the end of the year for gifts to loved ones.  

Periodic Contributor

I save so much money on gift cards thru AARP and use them to give as gifts or to donate to various charities, like the red cross, throughout the year.  

Contributor

I try to enter into contests. You got to be in it to win it.  I even enter for baskets and gift cards and use them as birthday and Christmas presents.  Teenagers like the gift cards to spend

Regular Contributor

I try to get gift cards for points and/or at a discounted cost during the year. I pass on many gift card options because there is not a store location near me or any of my family or friends. Some gift cards I use to save on purchases for myself or for gifts for others. My daughter is usually the prime beneficiary of the gift cards. Since gift card redemptions are fulfilled as a digital code, I cannot use them as stocking stuffers. 

Regular Contributor

I enter the  AARP "points only" sweepstakes to win both cash and gift cards. This way, if I win, I have an almost unlimited choices to purchase the gifts I want.

Contributor

I purchase gift cards with rewards points.  so I need to add actual money and others are just free.  It is fun and I always learn something along the way.  Thanks for the free education. 

Periodic Contributor

I do the quizzes to get points and buying gift cards for gift giving is an excellent idea!

Periodic Contributor

I can’t seem to find how to enter this contest. 

Kudos
Views
Contributor

I think it is wonderful that AARP offers "points only" gift cards.  I cannot afford to spend money on gift cards, so I use this opportunity to use my points to get gift cards for gift giving or using the gift cards to purchase items in the store at a far less price when I use the gift card.  The gift cards also help me save money to purchase things for myself....like donuts.    I have a Dunkin' Donut addiction 🙂 so I am so excited when I see the $5 Dunkin' Donuts gift card so I can get free donuts...YUM~  Thanks AARP!!

Periodic Contributor

Bottom line in budgeting is to cut out all unnecessary spending, if you don't really need it why buy it, so it could sit in the corner or cabinet or maybe closet. My outlook on budgeting....

Contributor

Family all decided to take a cruise, true Multi-generation trip. Used point to by the gift card to give everyone a starting point.

Periodic Contributor

I use MyPoints.com to earn points to use on gift cards. The site allows me to shop at my favorite stores to receive point for every dollar spent. Plus, I earn points in various other ways they offer and through MyGiftCardsPlus; where I buy gift cards offered and earn points for each gift card bought. I spend while earning and then I treat myself with a gift card just for me after the holidays.

Periodic Contributor

I've been saving a lot of the points I've earned this year for the holiday season, and am hoping to use points to get some treats to share with my husband for the holidays. Since I started with the Rewards Program, I've actually won some Instant Wins, and I have also "purchased" completely free gift cards!  In the past when I've had a reward to share, it's been a big spirit-lifter for us both! 

Contributor

I check daily which cards are available and that are near me. Whenever the appropriate grocery store cards pop up, I am there! I use the cards to purchase items on the need list for the local food pantry.

Contributor

I was so excited to see the AARP gift card for the Christmas Tree Shops recently! I always buy my holiday cookie tins at the CTS, so I am purchasing a gift card for myself for this year. (I also regularly enter in the AARP sweeps for a CTS gift card and hope that I will get lucky and win!) My daughter loves Sephora and I have a gift card that I purchased via AARP Rewards for her as a holiday gift. And, finally, I also have a a GAP gift card that I purchased a while back and am looking forward to using it to purchase a holiday scarf for myself. My budget is tight, so the savings on gift cards is greatly appreciated. And, it's fun to enter into the sweeps with hopes of winning.

Contributor

I love the discounted and free gift cards with points to restaurants.  I use those to include in my holiday cards to my high school and college nieces/nephews, and to those who I know would love an evening out, but can't easily foot the entire bill.  Cheers!

Periodic Contributor

One of the most meaningful aspects of the holidays to me is the time I get to spend with others.  Using the AARP Rewards, I am looking forward to meals out at a favorite restaurant with family and/or friends where I will get to spend some quality one-on-one time with them while enjoying a meal thanks to AARP!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP