Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Info Seeker

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 31 of 218

We are coming to visit Port Charlotte 

in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait to check it out

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?i

Message 32 of 218

I want to live in Camas, Washington to be near my kids and grandkids. I hope to find an affordable condo on one level.

Info Seeker

Message 33 of 218

I want to live near my kids and grandkids, so it will be in Camas, Washington. 

Info Seeker

Message 34 of 218

Scottsdale, Arizona is lovely for a solid 9 months - bit HOT in the other 3 months...but with the Grand Canyon (North and South Rim), Prescott, Sedona, Cottonwood, Flagstaff and all of the lovely mountain areas - 5000 feet or so... plenty of places to escape the heat and go fishing.  Definitely will remain in Scottsdale...but, may size down the home a bit.      

Silver Conversationalist

Message 35 of 218

I retired in Hawaii but my daughter wanted to go someplace else.  She scouted around and decided, why not Las Vegas, Nevada.  We have sunshine, great weather, not humid, and only 4 or 5 months of cold, well, it would be cold to us(40-50) since living in Hawaii.  It's super hot 3 months and the house will be inviting.

Our family could come and stay with us.  Even friends could stop by as they go gambling and see the shows.  Actually Nevada is the 9th island of Hawaii.  Food is inexpensive and just about anything else.  Oh, the Dollar Store will blow you away!

so, we packed up and moved to Las Vegas.  We've been here 6 months.  I'm loving it!  It's all how you look at the place you moved- share your Aloha!  Share your compassion.  When, people asked me why did you move from Hawaii to Las Vegas?  Because it's Paradise!

Info Seeker

Message 36 of 218

Take a look at Ocean Isle Beach, NC.  Inland Waterway side is nice.  Small town, but easy drive to Wilmington, NC or Murtle Beach, SC.

Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 218

Right now my current home is the best place for retirement.  I'm within walking distance of a grocery store, drug store, 5 banks and a number of restaurants.  The senior center may not be the most sophisticated but it works.  I know my way around so I can get to the places I want to go to either by driving, bus, train or taxi.  When I'm no longer able to drive I am considering selling my apartment and moving to an Over 55 community in Arden, NC if it is still in existence that is.  I don't want anyone to have to deal with selling my place should something happen to me.  Why NC?  The cost of living is considerably less than it is here in NY and the only way I could achieve a similar area is to move further north and that I WON'T do.  The place I'm looking at has a great activity schedule, good apartment layouts and I think would be a great fit for me when the time comes to sell.

Info Seeker

Message 38 of 218
You might want to reconsider moving to Central America during our NW winters. Lots of extreme social and political issues and inequality there. As a result, there is a lot of crime and violence in that part of the world. I also live in the NW and find that Ecuador and Chile offer a much safer social environment.
Conversationalist

Message 39 of 218

I love the do-gooders in this world. Not enough of them. You go, girl!

Conversationalist

Message 40 of 218

You are reading my mind...or better yet, been reading over my shoulder for the last 2 months! I’m 62 but looking at different places to semi-retire in 5 or 6 years. The southeastern coast of the US looks pretty darn good. I’d like to be away for November through March, minimum. My plans are when I come back in April, I will take care of dogs from mid-April through October. I’d love to use that $ made  over those 6+ months to pay for my rental for the next November through March, that way never having to touch my social security for the rent once I retire at 70. I could go to a different part of the southeast coast every year! South Carolina and Florida look the most interesting to me right now. And living steps from the water...wow! My fantasy come true.